Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] XTMOD-ATV X96 Max - GT1 and some U211 devices - S905X2 Android 8.1 [Android TV]

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haw can download from play store,no classic play store?

Comment

Originally posted by Boban.cro View Post
      Haw can download from play store,no classic play store?
      XTMOD U211 Hi folks i'm here to present you one of my last public works. If you're used to my roms should be very familiar ;) It's based on a mix of firmwares and i took the best from every official firmwares published, most of the vendor partition is compiled just for this fw. I do not use stupid old fashioned

Comment

This rom has been running very well for me on the T95Q but now I now seem to have a problem when trying to access external storage in settings. Clicking on external sd results in the following message files has stopped open app again (photo attached)
        I have tried clearing settings app cache, reformatting the ext SD and reinstalling the rom only for the problem to reoccur. This is frustrating as I cannot eject the card for removal, any help appreciated.

Thanks Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190315_175404__1552676055_97099__1552676055_24858.jpg
Views:	502
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	766502

Comment

Originally posted by boxz0rd View Post
          Would this fw be compatible with A95X Max TV Box?
          Hi if you do flash this FW on the A95X max id be interested to know if you was successful if so id order it today and flash tomorrow but not without knowing if theirs a custom ROM.
          Thanks.....

Comment

Hi all,
            installed the V3 on my Beelink GT1_Mini. Installation process, root and so on works fine.
            Thanks to Xannytech for the development.

I have problem / freezers with my video / audio streams.
            Network speed is ok so far, 49 Mbps on Netflix test.

I played arround with the different programs, but i found no solution at the moment.
            For me, i think its more an audio problem as a video.
            I played some songs form a sdcard with code, and there are also dropouts.
            GT1 Mini is connected via HDMI.

Which setting could i change to find a solution or is it a chipset problem ?
            Thanks for help !!!

Comment

Originally posted by b0b33140 View Post
              yes, I tried but it still does not work.
              You have to mask rom, i had the same problem, find which pins you have short foe you model

Comment

I everybody. I have just flash this rom but i got this message Bl2_Boot stage Error. Thank

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2019-03-22_16-50-28.jpg
Views:	802
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	767152

Comment

Does anyone have a text editor that works on this firmware? I'm trying to create an advanced settings XML for Kodi and nothing in the app store works with this firmware at all. I am extremely frustrated and want to throw the damn thing across the house as Kodi does nothing but buffer. It has 4 gigs of ram, and Kodi only uses 20 freaking megs.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuno View Post
                    Does anyone have a text editor that works on this firmware? I'm trying to create an advanced settings XML for Kodi and nothing in the app store works with this firmware at all. I am extremely frustrated and want to throw the damn thing across the house as Kodi does nothing but buffer. It has 4 gigs of ram, and Kodi only uses 20 freaking megs.
                    I just use ES File Explorer. Never had a problem with the text editor that comes with the app. If you do not use ES File Explorer, just create a new file, name it including extension, then you can click on the file you just made and named, and it will ask if you wanna open it as a text file, video file, music file etc, then it will let you choose which app to open the file with and just choose ES text editor.

Not sure what is buffering in Kodi, but I have no advanced xml, and I rarely get buffering. Buffering is not caused by your RAM. Most boxes have more than enough RAM. It could be caused by slow connection, too many people watching the stream at the same time, encoded too high etc. I watch some 1080p sports live streams and sometimes they buffer and sometimes they do not, but I know buffering with live streams are usually caused by too many people using the same stream or encoded too high. It could also be your hardware acceleration. I have both media codec and media codec surface both turned on, cause streams will either buffer or play too slow without both turned on for me. I have never used an advanced xml, cause I have never felt the need to. I simply use wifi and turn on hardware acceleration, and it gets the job done except for when a popular stream is being watched by thousands of people at the same time, then I get endless buffering. Speaking of slow connection, my X96 Max is just fast enough connection wise, but its about 25% slower than all my other devices. For some reason on wifi I can get over 60 MB per second on all my devices, but on this device I can only get around 40. I have ran connection speed test and every single other device I have gets the same approximate speed except the X96 Max, and it get around 20 MB per second lower. Just Google 'speed test' and run a speed test. I use the one called speakeasy I think its called, cause it always gives me the same results, and a lot of the others will be all over the place, but speakeasy always has similar results.

Another thing I have been trying to tel people for years, but they keep telling me I am wrong, is just because you close an app does not mean its not taking up ram. To prove this, go to setting in Kodi and find system info, then hit the square on your taskbar to bring up your recent apps menu, and you will see that every time you swipe one of those apps off the screen, the RAM available will get higher inside your system info. I noticed this years ago, and even rebooting keeps those apps inside your recents, and keeps using up RAM. I like to keep my recent apps clean, cause it gives me a higher amount of free RAM. You can have four or five apps besides Kodi showing in your recents, and if you swipe those four or five apps off your recents, Kodi will show your available RAM go up a few hundred MBs. Not sure how recents are done in Android, but not keeping your recent apps clean is a RAM killer even if you reboot.

Comment

Originally posted by Porkie View Post

I just use ES File Explorer. Never had a problem with the text editor that comes with the app. If you do not use ES File Explorer, just create a new file, name it including extension, then you can click on the file you just made and named, and it will ask if you wanna open it as a text file, video file, music file etc, then it will let you choose which app to open the file with and just choose ES text editor.

Not sure what is buffering in Kodi, but I have no advanced xml, and I rarely get buffering. Buffering is not caused by your RAM. Most boxes have more than enough RAM. It could be caused by slow connection, too many people watching the stream at the same time, encoded too high etc. I watch some 1080p sports live streams and sometimes they buffer and sometimes they do not, but I know buffering with live streams are usually caused by too many people using the same stream or encoded too high. It could also be your hardware acceleration. I have both media codec and media codec surface both turned on, cause streams will either buffer or play too slow without both turned on for me. I have never used an advanced xml, cause I have never felt the need to. I simply use wifi and turn on hardware acceleration, and it gets the job done except for when a popular stream is being watched by thousands of people at the same time, then I get endless buffering. Speaking of slow connection, my X96 Max is just fast enough connection wise, but its about 25% slower than all my other devices. For some reason on wifi I can get over 60 MB per second on all my devices, but on this device I can only get around 40. I have ran connection speed test and every single other device I have gets the same approximate speed except the X96 Max, and it get around 20 MB per second lower. Just Google 'speed test' and run a speed test. I use the one called speakeasy I think its called, cause it always gives me the same results, and a lot of the others will be all over the place, but speakeasy always has similar results.

Another thing I have been trying to tel people for years, but they keep telling me I am wrong, is just because you close an app does not mean its not taking up ram. To prove this, go to setting in Kodi and find system info, then hit the square on your taskbar to bring up your recent apps menu, and you will see that every time you swipe one of those apps off the screen, the RAM available will get higher inside your system info. I noticed this years ago, and even rebooting keeps those apps inside your recents, and keeps using up RAM. I like to keep my recent apps clean, cause it gives me a higher amount of free RAM. You can have four or five apps besides Kodi showing in your recents, and if you swipe those four or five apps off your recents, Kodi will show your available RAM go up a few hundred MBs. Not sure how recents are done in Android, but not keeping your recent apps clean is a RAM killer even if you reboot.
                      I have fibre internet from one ISP, and my friend has internet from another, and their provider is throttling the connection to my server because I am not on the same ISP. Running a VPN is not an option, and the advanced settings xml will allow me to force kodi to overcome the throttling by increasing the measly 20MB cache to over 500MB. Yes the default buffer for kodi is 20 megabytes, which is a joke. I am hoping that by increasing the buffer, and forcing it to download more than "just enough" that we can stop the buffering that is happening on watching files from my private server.

I'm not a noob when it comes to this stuff. The fact is finding stuff that will actually work on Android TV is a PITB.

Comment

Hello, please answer me !
                        VP9 codec working on youtube ?

Comment

Originally posted by noname123 View Post
                          Hello, please answer me !
                          VP9 codec working on youtube ?
                          yes

Comment

Originally posted by niki7989 View Post

yes
                            Thank you !
                            I plan to buy the x96max because of this firmware.

Comment

Originally posted by noname123 View Post

Thank you !
                              I plan to buy the x96max because of this firmware.

works very good

Comment

Originally posted by niki7989 View Post

works very good
                                many thanks,
                                I very like chromecast on android TV

Comment

Working...
                                X