Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] XTMOD-ATV X96 Max - GT1 and some U211 devices - S905X2 Android 8.1 [Android TV]

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zoelechat View Post

I'm not blaming you and don't worry I've never expected a shit from that box I had as (poisoned) gift.
    I wasn't talking about h265 nor encoding, but playback of h264 4k@30fps as stated several times above (some people hardly understand), you may check brochure and real life then
    Then if replies here only have to be "your ROM is the best" with money attached, just tell it
    i got a stone hit by my head , it seems unbeleivable that a machine having h265 support better than h264.

Comment

How to replace the default luncher of the rom with atv luncher pro ?

Comment

Then if replies here only have to be "your ROM is the best" with money attached, just tell it
        probably it's better to not reply
        Anyway mate i'm 50Yo, if i ask for donations is because i'd like to support more devices, and so i'll got a excuse with my wife to buy more, "My dear, you know my users asked me"

Comment

Originally posted by anhtuong1007 View Post
          You should download and flash the other firmware in the other thread this is an Android Tv Firmware.

Comment

Originally posted by Xannytech View Post

Anyway mate i'm 50Yo, if i ask for donations is because i'd like to support more devices, and so i'll got a excuse with my wife to buy more, "My dear, you know my users asked me"
            Not that far to be that old either... Anyway, you missed the serious part of my post (because of age maybe? ). Let me explain current state of things if you don't mind:
            -Out of the box, no h264@4k movie will play correctly (actually, say 10% tries hw decoding is triggered, randomly!)
            -Faulty decoder looks to be amvdec_mh264 and getting rid of it (preventing module insertion) reliably fixes h264@4k up to 24/25fps by defaulting to amvdec_h264. Playback of 30fps remains crappy though (-> frame skipping).
            -Your ROMs (only) are containing an amvdec_h264_4k2k module, sounds promising especially given issue, but unfortunately it's never used, in no case at all. What about it?

Better fix core issues before supporting more devices imho

Comment

Not that far to be that old either... Anyway, you missed the serious part of my post (because of age maybe? ). Let me explain current state of things if you don't mind:
              -Out of the box, no h264@4k movie will play correctly (actually, say 10% tries hw decoding is triggered, randomly!)
              -Faulty decoder looks to be amvdec_mh264 and getting rid of it (preventing module insertion) reliably fixes h264@4k up to 24/25fps by defaulting to amvdec_h264. Playback of 30fps remains crappy though (-> frame skipping).
              -Your ROMs (only) are containing an amvdec_h264_4k2k module, sounds promising especially given issue, but unfortunately it's never used, in no case at all. What about it?

A good orientation for v5

Comment

I'll try you know freetime permitting, but normally i need intensive testing and users like you can help me, now try to rename the module (the one promising but never used) giving to it the standard and used name module, probably nothing change but what we have to check is Vendor/etc/mediacodec settings maybe can help,
                Anyway i don't mind to try to fix together things you know
                My only problem it's my actual RL my father is very sick so sometimes i got no time to follow this thread or reply in PM nothing more. My personal amlogic 8.1 kitchen it's very efficent and fast to let me compile things in few minutes, so if we got the right idea no problem.

Comment

I'll try you know freetime permitting, but normally i need intensive testing and users like you can help me, now try to rename the module (the one promising but never used) giving to it the standard and used name module, probably nothing change but what we have to check is Vendor/etc/mediacodec settings maybe can help,
                  Anyway i don't mind to try to fix together things you know
                  My only problem it's my actual RL my father is very sick so sometimes i got no time to follow this thread or reply in PM nothing more. My personal amlogic 8.1 kitchen it's very efficent and fast to let me compile things in few minutes, so if we got the right idea no problem.
                  Well, module filename doesn't matter (can call them 1 2 3.ko), it's just using what's available for source codec. Leaving "promising" 4k2k alone results in... software decoding! (where the 2 other modules left alone are doing at least "something", one correctly other not).
                  I also assume the "faulty" mh264 is there for a reason (seems to mean multi-h264), maybe used in some scenario I didn't try (multiple streams? PIP or I don't know...) therefore probably not a solution to just ignore it.
                  Already tried looots of stuff I don't remember all before reporting, and I thought you'd maybe have some more precise idea. Gotta dig more xml and so on (hoping it's not matter of buggy sourcecode or simply not capable hw!)
                  No problem I can test stuff if needed, when you want/can, not waiting after Amlogic to correctly play movies anyway, fortunately

Comment

Originally posted by anhtuong1007 View Post
                    Install a second launcher then disable the stock one using titaniumbackup

Comment

Originally posted by huffmybrd View Post

Install a second launcher then disable the stock one using titaniumbackup
                      Yeah that's what I did....using ADW Launcher. Install ADW Launcher and uninstall stock Launcher with ES file explorer...works very good

Comment

You should download and flash the other firmware in the other thread this is an Android Tv Firmware.
                        What program do you use to unpack these firmwares???????

Comment

Originally posted by raruba View Post

What program do you use to unpack these firmwares???????
                          there is not a single program, i use linux and android filesystem related stuffs, my knowledge and a personal script and sources.

Comment

Well, module filename doesn't matter (can call them 1 2 3.ko), it's just using what's available for source codec. Leaving "promising" 4k2k alone results in... software decoding! (where the 2 other modules left alone are doing at least "something", one correctly other not).
                            I also assume the "faulty" mh264 is there for a reason (seems to mean multi-h264), maybe used in some scenario I didn't try (multiple streams? PIP or I don't know...) therefore probably not a solution to just ignore it.
                            Already tried looots of stuff I don't remember all before reporting, and I thought you'd maybe have some more precise idea. Gotta dig more xml and so on (hoping it's not matter of buggy sourcecode or simply not capable hw!)
                            No problem I can test stuff if needed, when you want/can, not waiting after Amlogic to correctly play movies anyway, fortunately
                            Anyway what we cand do it's in the stuff i pointed to you, look for example in vendor/etc/media_codecs_performance.xml:
                            Code:
                                    <MediaCodec name="OMX.google.h264.decoder" type="video/avc" update="true">
                                        <Limit name="measured-frame-rate-320x240" range="318-318" />
                                        <Limit name="measured-frame-rate-720x480" range="115-115" />
                                        <Limit name="measured-frame-rate-1280x720" range="43-43" />
                                        <Limit name="measured-frame-rate-1920x1080" range="18-18" />
                                    </MediaCodec>

Comment

Anyway what we cand do it's in the stuff i pointed to you, look for example in vendor/etc/media_codecs_performance.xml:
                              Code:
                               <MediaCodec name="OMX.google.h264.decoder" type="video/avc" update="true">
                              <Limit name="measured-frame-rate-320x240" range="318-318" />
                              <Limit name="measured-frame-rate-720x480" range="115-115" />
                              <Limit name="measured-frame-rate-1280x720" range="43-43" />
                              <Limit name="measured-frame-rate-1920x1080" range="18-18" />
                              </MediaCodec>
                              I had understood you were aiming at that, probably more OMX.amlogic.avc.decoder.awesome, no (that's the one used on h264)?. I had no convincing result dealing with few weeks ago but I should look back to it now you confirm it might be a clue

edit: well I tried a bunch of things (tweak "Limits" or even remove them all in both media_codecs.xml and media_codecs_performance, add a 3840*2160 line, with 1, 2 or 3 modules inserted combinations), it looks nothing has no effect at all! Results I had already got previously actually
                              Last edited by zoelechat; 05-19-2019, 10:11.

Comment

there is not a single program, i use linux and android filesystem related stuffs, my knowledge and a personal script and sources.
                                Would it possible you share your tool and knowledge to all the folks on how to unpack, mod and pack rom?

Comment

Working...
                                X