Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] XTMOD-ATV X96 Max - GT1 and some U211 devices - S905X2 Android 8.1 [Android TV]

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wanted to recommend something. I wanted to recommend just using an app called 'all in one gestures'. I used it on past versions of Android for immersive mode and I would always have to pull up or down at the bottom or top to get the bars to reappear, but I used it on Android 8.1 and instead of having to pull up or down the bars simply appear if I move my mouse to the top or bottom and they disappear as normal a few seconds later.

Anyway I just figured I would let you know, cause its much better than having to pull them up or down. Inside all in one gestures I do not have anything set except for immersive mode, and it does not mess up the keyboard like it did in past versions of Android. Just a tip. All in one gestures is no longer in the play store, so you have to find the apk online.

Comment

Originally posted by tedpoley View Post
      Hi again, @xannytech

I'm a big fan and love your work. Great roms!

I have the X96Max 4/64 model and Xiaomi MI box S. They're both s905x2 amlogic chipsets but their GPU differ.

I have a few iptv subscriptions and watch iptv channels a lot.

My question has nothing to do with your ROMs, because I guess it's a hardware issue?

On the x96 FHD iptv channels are not working properly. The video freezes right after start when using hardware decoding. When using software the video streams fine for HD 1280*720 channels but not for FHD 1920*1080. And when enabling subtitles there's always a short freeze between every new sub text.

I have tried the following apps:

ProgTV
      Perfect Player
      Iptv Extreme Pro
      TiviMate
      IPTV
      TvIrl
      And many more.

The problems are always the same. I have friends with other iptv subscriptions that have the exact same problems. The same subscriptions are working flawless on the Xiaomi MI box S.

Do you know what the problem is? Is it possible to fix? Is it possible to replace the decoding of the X96Max with the Xiaomi decoders in your ROMs? Would really like to hear your thought. If you need more information don't hesitate to message me or aks here in the thread.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk
      Hi,

I have tried TiviMate / STB emu / Iptv Smarters used native hardware decoding and software also with vlc player all work perfectly with 1080p 50fps been using it for few weeks now even 4k hdr works on them perfectly so not sure why get issues, both stock and this rom work fine wiith them

Also pretty sure the uses Xiaomi MI box S Amlogic S905X not S905X2

Comment

Originally posted by uscool View Post

Hi,

I have tried TiviMate / STB emu / Iptv Smarters used native hardware decoding and software also with vlc player all work perfectly with 1080p 50fps been using it for few weeks now even 4k hdr works on them perfectly so not sure why get issues, both stock and this rom work fine wiith them

Also pretty sure the uses Xiaomi MI box S Amlogic S905X not S905X2
        Thanks.

Yes, your absolutely right. Mi box S has a s905x cpu. My bad.

I've been trying TIVImate a lot on X96Max. With stock rom (with and without the updates). With many custom ROMS, including this one. I have problems with the iptv channels from my subscription streaming 1920*1088 (yes, it says 1088!) and AC3 audio. They freeze right after starting. It's not an ethernet issue since my download speed is around 80-90 Mbit effectively..

YouTube videos in 4k is not a problem. Streaming from various sources (like morpheus) is running OK in full HD. It's only with every IPTV app I run into problems. And as I said, everything runs smoothly on my xiaomi mi box s.

I'll try to flash a modified kernel for the X96Max where automatic frame rate is enabled (it's not enabled in the stock kernel for X96Max). This is making videos play more smoothly. https://yadi.sk/d/exBNUtdTVW1QaA/2019-01-04/4G

But it's really disappointing since I was sure that the X96Max would handle all sorts of video, iptv etc.

Comment

Thanks.

I've been trying TIVImate a lot on X96Max. With stock rom (with and without the updates). With many custom ROMS, including this one. I have problems with the iptv channels from my subscription streaming 1920*1088 (yes, it says 1088!) and AC3 audio. They freeze right after starting. It's not an ethernet issue since my download speed is around 80-90 Mbit effectively..

YouTube videos in 4k is not a problem. Streaming from various sources (like morpheus) is running OK in full HD. It's only with every IPTV app I run into problems. And as I said, everything runs smoothly on my xiaomi mi box s.

I'll try to flash a modified kernel for the X96Max where automatic frame rate is enabled (it's not enabled in the stock kernel for X96Max). This is making videos play more smoothly. https://yadi.sk/d/exBNUtdTVW1QaA/2019-01-04/4G

But it's really disappointing since I was sure that the X96Max would handle all sorts of video, iptv etc.
          Why don't you ask uscool to do a backup of his image and then you download and flash it. That might work for you too presuming he is using a X96 Max.

Comment

Thanks.

not sure why you get that issue i even tried 4k hdr 50gb+ via network using ethernet and play smoothly via kodi

and i also tried few different iptv providers

Comment

Auto frame rate works well, at least 50/60Hz, unfortunately kernel breaks VP9 support (therefore Youtube, especially >FHD), no idea if patch or kernel itself (bad config?) is faulty, but I got same result building myself.

Comment

Thanks.

I have same issue with IPTV. No problem with Kodi.
                Last edited by tithitoy; 02-19-2019, 08:38.

Comment

Originally posted by zoelechat View Post

Auto frame rate works well, at least 50/60Hz, unfortunately kernel breaks VP9 support (therefore Youtube, especially >FHD), no idea if patch or kernel itself (bad config?) is faulty, but I got same result building myself.
                  My auto frame rate not work too

Comment

Отправлено с моего Redmi Note 5 через Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tithitoy View Post

Yep. I believe it could be related to sound settings. Seems there is an issue with downmixing certain 5.1 sound to stereo. I haven't connected the x96 to a receiver. It is directly connected to TV via hdmi.

ALL channels are working well in Kodi. But not working well in any other app.

Comment

Yep. I believe it could be related to sound settings. Seems there is an issue with downmixing certain 5.1 sound to stereo. I haven't connected the x96 to a receiver. It is directly connected to TV via hdmi.

ALL channels are working well in Kodi. But not working well in any other app.

Whats your kodi version. I installed latest 18.1. But autoframe rate not work. Box connects directly to tv via hdmi. Box set auto frame rate to level 2. Box's audio setting to passthrough. In Kodi set refresh rate to always. Audio passthrough too. No problem with SPMC

Comment

Whats your kodi version. I installed latest 18.1. But autoframe rate not work. Box connects directly to tv via hdmi. Box set auto frame rate to level 2. Box's audio setting to passthrough. In Kodi set refresh rate to always. Audio passthrough too. No problem with SPMC
                          I run Kodi 18.1. Default settings except for refresh rate (which I changed to Always). Runs smoothly on my IPTV channels and subtitles work great.

I haven't tried SPMC. Which version are you running of SPMC?

Comment

I run Kodi 18.1. Default settings except for refresh rate (which I changed to Always). Runs smoothly on my IPTV channels and subtitles work great.

I haven't tried SPMC. Which version are you running of SPMC?

Im runing smpc 17.6 a2. But its mod version for amlogic. I extracted from minix x8h plus firmware. In Spmc I can enable amlogic codec too. Waiting for Final version of XTMOD

Comment

Im runing smpc 17.6 a2. But its mod version for amlogic. I extracted from minix x8h plus firmware. In Spmc I can enable amlogic codec too. Waiting for Final version of XTMOD
                              Great. Could you provide a download link to your version of SPMC? You can message me.

Yeah, I'm really hoping that Xannytech can provide a solution in upcoming versions. He's doing a great job!

Comment

Please help!
                                My PC not detect X96 max

I flash XTMOD firmware by following these steps:

1.Open USB_Burning_Tool 2.1.6.8
                                2. Load XTMOD firmware and auto check.
                                3.Click Start button
                                4. Plug USB Male to Male cable to USB 3.0 port of box
                                5. Plug power

Nothing happen.

PS: With same computer and USB cable and USB_Burning_Tool I can flash other boxs like: TX3 mini, Minix X8h Plus.

Thanks for reading!

Comment

Working...
                                X