Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] XTMOD-ATV X96 Max - GT1 and some U211 devices - S905X2 Android 8.1 [Android TV]

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM] XTMOD-ATV X96 Max - GT1 and some U211 devices - S905X2 Android 8.1 [Android TV]

So it's Android Tv time.
    It's a frankenfirmware, so there is not a clear base, i adapted it to X96 Max and GT1 Mini devices but it shoud run on many other device based on U211 motherboard so S905X2.
    Probably if it's not clearly meant for your device you'll have to change the remote config file in vendor/etc., and you'll get some lack on functionality on led or accessory devices, you have just to test it, but be careful:

WARNING:
    I'm not responsible and nor the forum that hosts my ROM is, of any damage or malfunction caused on your device, during the flash or the use of my ROM.
    You'll take the responsibility of what you do.
    My Roms cannot brick your device, but you can flashing it improperly. I'm not a chinese box help center i hope you'll understand what i mean

Apks included:
    • Opengapps Atv
    • App Drawer from LineageOs
    • Totalcommander
    • Magiskmanager
    • Aptoide ATV
    • Netflix
    • Kodi
    • VLC
    • AmazonPrime Video for atv though it doesn't work on level 3 devices
    Then you know me is optimized, tweaked and tested, i personnaly use these firmwares.

Known Bugs:
    - let me know
    This is not a real bug but a lack of these low cost devices:
    Amazon Prime doesn't start cause lacking of Level 1 Widevine certification.

Flash it with Amlogic Usb Burning Tools 2.1.6.8: load the fw, then, after the file check is completed click start, plug the usb male to male cable in the blu usb (3.0) and wait for completion.

XTMOD Android TV 4 Changelog:
    - Updated many Android Tv apps;
    - Updated Magisk root; (reboot once to activate it)
    - Standard Topbar and Navbar are present but not visible swipe up swipe down (some users asked me for that);
    - as the previous version double click on home button brings up recent app;
    - Fixed some wrong fix ;
    - Fixed Ethernet Bug on X96 Max 3/4 Gb the 2gb has no bug;
    - Probably fixed S-Pdif Bug;

- Many things i forgot to note in the process.
    - it's pratically a whole new release, so some new bug it's possible

Download Links:

NOTE:
    If you would like to report bug, issue ot whatever, write clearly which device and do not ask for things that are not included in actual Amlogic sources, i can do something but i cannot create gold without lead

Enjoy!
    If you like my works and would you like to offer me a beer or a coffe, or a sign of appreciation :
    Last edited by Xannytech; 04-24-2019, 23:38.

Thanks will try this on my X96 Max and Report back, very grateful !

Comment

Hi, can you pls post some pics / screenshots of the main screen pls...
      Can i flash it on to my T95qATV Box ?

Comment

I just want to start off by saying thanks for your work on these devices. I've flashed this rom "Successfully" with Amlogic Usb Burning Tools 2.1.6.8 on both an X96 Max 4/32 box and a Beelink Gt-1 mini but I'm running into the same issue on both boxes. It boots up fine and gets to the first run setup. Remote is working and Wifi is working and I'm able to sign into a Google account but after the info is filled out it starts the "adding finishing touches" just before it should go into the home screen but then just loops back to where it wants to pair the remote and back to the start of the setup. Tried reflashing the X96 twice to see if it may have been a bad flash but I flashed one of my GT-1 mini's as well and still getting the same results on that box. Not sure if I'm missing something but any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ozzman666 View Post
          I just want to start off by saying thanks for your work on these devices. I've flashed this rom "Successfully" with Amlogic Usb Burning Tools 2.1.6.8 on both an X96 Max 4/32 box and a Beelink Gt-1 mini but I'm running into the same issue on both boxes. It boots up fine and gets to the first run setup. Remote is working and Wifi is working and I'm able to sign into a Google account but after the info is filled out it starts the "adding finishing touches" just before it should go into the home screen but then just loops back to where it wants to pair the remote and back to the start of the setup. Tried reflashing the X96 twice to see if it may have been a bad flash but I flashed one of my GT-1 mini's as well and still getting the same results on that box. Not sure if I'm missing something but any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
          During the setup you need to approve and reply yes to google location services, now that is checked disabled on google server you'll need to reflash the fw. Anyway i'll hack it a little in next release to override some user choices, like some other users that tried to pair a IR remote
          Last edited by Xannytech; 01-22-2019, 09:12.

Comment

Hi Xannytech. I have a problem in firmvare atv for x96 max. After reboot my apps not save on main screen, load stock apps(sorry, if bad English)

Comment

Originally posted by romanzp3 View Post
              Hi Xannytech. I have a problem in firmvare atv for x96 max. After reboot my apps not save on main screen, load stock apps(sorry, if bad English)
              Hmm it's weird try to open termux app or thru adb shell:
              Code:
              su
              rm -rf /data/data/com.google.android.tvlauncher/
              reboot
              Then the launcher data is resetted, then should work.

Comment

Originally posted by Xannytech View Post

During the setup you need to approve and reply yes to google location services, now that is checked disabled on google server you'll need to reflash the fw. Anyway i'll hack it a little in next release to override some user choices, like some other users that tried to pair a IR remote
                Thanks, enabling the location services did the trick and both boxes loaded to the home screen after reflashing. I just normally select "no" on that option on my android devices so didn't occur to me that would be the issue haha. Thanks again for the help! Now to test it out .

Comment

Hmm it's weird try to open termux app or thru adb shell:
                  Code:
                  su
                  rm -rf /data/data/com.google.android.tvlauncher/
                  reboot
                  Then the launcher data is resetted, then should work.
                  good. My apps save on main screen. Thank

Comment

Originally posted by ozzman666 View Post

Thanks, enabling the location services did the trick and both boxes loaded to the home screen after reflashing. I just normally select "no" on that option on my android devices so didn't occur to me that would be the issue haha. Thanks again for the help! Now to test it out .
                    Thanks a lot for your report and testing

Comment

Xannytech!

The man! Really love your work. And your dedication to your firmwares. And for your great willingness to support users when in trouble.

Can't wait to give this one a try!

Comment

I am thinking about flashing this ROM on my 4/64 X96 Max but I need to know if multiple external USB HDD's can be found? Kodi or VLC can only find 2 of my 4 external HDD's with stock firmware.

Thanks

Attached Files

Comment

Great rom for x96Max 4/32, works perfectly on my 3 devices. Big thanks to the author! Unfortunately, the Android TV Remote app by Google on my smartphone does not work properly with x96max 4/32 with this atv rom (it connects and successfully pairs with tv box, but when using any function of app - the connection drops). On the ATV firmware from the superceleron, this application on my smartphone works well. Is it possible to fix it somehow?

Comment

Originally posted by Chosenv1 View Post
                            Great rom for x96Max 4/32, works perfectly on my 3 devices. Big thanks to the author! Unfortunately, the Android TV Remote app by Google on my smartphone does not work properly with x96max 4/32 with this atv rom (it connects and successfully pairs with tv box, but when using any function of app - the connection drops). On the ATV firmware from the superceleron, this application on my smartphone works well. Is it possible to fix it somehow?
                            Yes is possible to fix it, but you should wait next version let me know if you eventually want to betatest.

Comment

Yes is possible to fix it, but you should wait next version let me know if you eventually want to betatest.
                              Very good news, because this mobile application is very important for me. Yes, I will gladly take part in the any betatest.

Comment

Working...
                              X