Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] XTMOD-ATV X96 Max - GT1 and some U211 devices - S905X2 Android 8.1 [Android TV]

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zoelechat View Post

OK. How about trying?
    CPU itself is only able to do software decoding (you know 4K slideshow?), and video decoder (aka "hw acceleration") only does what it's designed for, independently of any proverbial "who can do more can do less"

FYI, specs:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Amlogic-S905X-S905Y2-S905X2.jpg
Views:	486
Size:	141.2 KB
ID:	772202
    I mention cpu intensive as hard to decode, the horsepower needed, if a gpu has hardware acceleration it brings up the load.h265 is a newer codec that can code a video with less data as the same quality as h264. But is harder to decode. I dont know what is the reality on this soc , i couldn't try because my box was broken and i wait my new box. But plainly, it is abnormal that a soc can playback h265 4k video without problem but h264 problematic. May be the problem is with the unmature Amlogic source codes?

Comment

Originally posted by metabesk View Post

I mention cpu intensive as hard to decode, the horsepower needed, if a gpu has hardware acceleration it brings up the load.h265 is a newer codec that can code a video with less data as the same quality as h264. But is harder to decode. I dont know what is the reality on this soc , i couldn't try because my box was broken and i wait my new box. But plainly, it is abnormal that a soc can playback h265 4k video without problem but h264 problematic. May be the problem is with the unmature Amlogic source codes?
      "Unmature" often means final at Amlogic's unfortunately, so let's assume all depends on hardware and refocus the debate on initial thought: do they lie on video decoder capability, the same they're used to lie on CPU frequency? From what I tried, no h264@4k above 25fps plays correctly (->frame skipping) when up to 30fps is expected.

Comment

"Unmature" often means final at Amlogic's unfortunately, so let's assume all depends on hardware and refocus the debate on initial thought: do they lie on video decoder capability, the same they're used to lie on CPU frequency? From what I tried, no h264@4k above 25fps plays correctly (->frame skipping) when up to 30fps is expected.
        Then i cant find anything to say to you, if you tried and saw this incident, you are right. It isnt a good PR to lie to consumers

Comment

The purpose was just: did anybody try? I wasn't willing to justify myself a whole page

Comment

The purpose was just: did anybody try? I wasn't willing to justify myself a whole page
            Personally i didnt try so....

Comment

Shortly when my work on standard fws will finish i'll post and updated ATv version for X96 Max 2Gb version to fix some little bugs like ATv remote unfuncional.
              Last edited by Xannytech; 05-15-2019, 13:24.

Comment

Xannytech;
                Why on this ROM X96 Max 4/32 V 4.0 CPU is limited to 1800Ghz, a of ROM X96 Max 4/32 V 3.0 CPU = 1908Ghz
                Last edited by niki7989; 05-15-2019, 21:13.

Comment

Originally posted by niki7989 View Post
                  Xannytech;
                  Why on this ROM X96 Max 4/32 V 4.0 CPU is limited to 1800Ghz, a of ROM X96 Max 4/32 V 3.0 CPU = 1908Ghz
                  Use v3 then , man!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by metabesk View Post

Use v3 then , man!!!!
                    And what is the logic of using the old version?
                    My question was not about you , man!!!!

Comment

Xannytech;
                      It's just cosmetic, Kernel has the same settings and cpu governor is on Performance as it was on V3, what is hugely different is the dtb, users do not know there are two different type of memory used on these device so i used a different base rom the producer gave to me on this firmware as per Amlogic request they fixed the cosmetic issue 1908 vs 1800 (real clock).
                      Anyway don't be rude to other users fro stupid matters please

Comment

Got it. Claim 2Ghz/30fps and get only 1.8Ghz/24fps are only "specs cosmetics". Now reassured

Comment

And what is the logic of using the old version?
                          My question was not about you , man!!!!
                          You asked 3 times the same question, it's clear that xanny dont have an answer for you?

Comment

Got it. Claim 2Ghz/30fps and get only 1.8Ghz/24fps are only "specs cosmetics". Now reassured
                            You know they're chinese and they do theyr business, i think there is a reason Nvidia Shield cost 10 times more than these boxes.
                            Amlogic official specs are different, they do not claim 30fps, they wrote on cpu specs, h265 4kp75 10bit decoding, they wrote h264 1080/60p ENCODING not decoding, they wrote 1.8ghz frequency, but not sure i just read a brochure.
                            Anyway i do not work for them , so it's not my business, i just try to fix and arrange these cheap boxes for the users sake.
                            My total earnings in 6 months with S905X2, thanks of some recents donations it's about 25$, so i can affirm i do an i'll do this work for free, and my work it's not just "cosmetic"

Comment

Originally posted by Xannytech View Post

You know they're chinese and they do theyr business, i think there is a reason Nvidia Shield cost 10 times more than these boxes.
                              Amlogic official specs are different, they do not claim 30fps, they wrote on cpu specs, h265 4kp75 10bit decoding, they wrote h264 1080/60p ENCODING not decoding, they wrote 1.8ghz frequency, but not sure i just read a brochure.
                              Anyway i do not work for them , so it's not my business, i just try to fix and arrange these cheap boxes for the users sake.
                              My total earnings in 6 months with S905X2, thanks of some recents donations it's about 25$, so i can affirm i do an i'll do this work for free, and my work it's not just "cosmetic"
                              Thanks for your dedication Xanny.

Comment

Originally posted by Xannytech View Post

I'm not blaming you and don't worry I've never expected a shit from that box I had as (poisoned) gift.
                                I wasn't talking about h265 nor encoding, but playback of h264 4k@30fps as stated several times above (some people hardly understand), you may check brochure and real life then
                                Then if replies here only have to be "your ROM is the best" with money attached, just tell it

Comment

Working...
                                X