Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Generic Multi-Box, Multi-Wifi Custom Rom! ( Android 8.1 - S905x2 )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM] Generic Multi-Box, Multi-Wifi Custom Rom! ( Android 8.1 - S905x2 )

As always i like to give thanks my beta tester trebor , and also Beelink and gearbest for the hw to test on!

I know i have been very quiet this days ( weeks, months ), to explain a bit why, i now work for a company that does android boxes ( not for public use for telecoms/isp's etc.. ) well cant call it android boxes since... they are 3 in one and now im working in 5 in one...
    So as you all can imagine my time now is very limited, and after a 12h (sometimes more) day, last thing i want is to go back to android boxes in my free time.
    So i do when im in the mood to do so!
    So now that is explained, in the last 3 weeks that i was on holidays i got some free time and the mood to some custom work but i dint want this time to work on a already made rom and decided to do a clean rom done from source with my own "stuff" on it and made "generic" this means to work on all s905x2 reference designs!
    And here we are with 4 roms... ye 4 roms lolol
    Since amlogic changed how bootvideo work in 8.1 and 9 sdk's i had to do 2 extra roms.. ye i know!
    I could revert to the way of android 7.1 (and older) where you could control it with "service.bootvideo=" 1 or 0.. but i still dint dig why they did this way in the build of android so i decided to leave it alone for now!
    Another thing is multi-wifi and multi-bt, while multi-wifi is already completed, multi-bt is not and also the RTL driver changed a lot, and now it interferes with BCM/AP drivers since both now use libbt-vendor instead of libbt-vendor-uart...
    So that added 2 more roms so in total we have 4...

So here is roms version:
    1 RTL-BT bootanimation Multi-WiFi
    1 RTL-BT bootvideo Multi-WiFi ( it uses amlogic default mbox video, look out is loud lolol )
    1 BCM/AP-BT bootanimation Multi-WiFi
    1 BCM/AP-BT bootvideo Multi- Wifi ( it uses amlogic default mbox video, look out is loud lolol )

All should work without any changes in all S905x2 reference design boxes out there, and that is a lot of devices...
    I only tested in 2, Beelink GT1 Mini and Tanix TX5 Max, as more tested boxes come in i will add them in the post after this one the list of supported boxes!
    So test on other models, but of course do it at your own risk!
    So enjoy it and until my next rom, when i have the time and mood to do another!

PS:
    Devs if you want to use my rom for android tv i already pre-done some of the changes and also added 1 change that you guys going to like it.. but i let you guys find it

Pictures and a small video found here > Freaktab < Click

READ THE BUGS SECTION FOR UNNECESSARY QUESTIONS!!!!
    READ THE INSTALL SECTION......

Features:
    • Build directly from private 8.1 sdk (dont ask for it you not going to get it)!
    • User Build (ye ye i know but i like more the user build than userdebug)
    • 2gb/4gb ram versions!
    • REAL SLEEP... (ye i know caps.. but this one is really real sleep and not just turn screen off... only works with my custom uboot)
    • Multi-Wifi.
    • Added TWRP (usb2 usage fixed)
    • Custom uboot with a few remotes keys to wake it from sleep/shutdown, includes Minix 2.4g remote and Beelink GT1 mini remote!
    • (i was temped to increase the ram speed to 1,2ghz.. but since i found out that not stable in some devices i set it to default again)
    • 4 remote keymaps.
    • Increased the size of video decode(video playback) memory!
    • Has navigation bar. (hidden by default)
    • Long press menu button to show navigation bar or just pull it from bottom from screen, of course it auto hide!
    • Long press home button to call voice search!
    • Long press power button to call power menu!
    • Double press home button to call Recent Apps!
    • Recent Apps in Grid mode!
    • Custom kernel with some hid enabled.
    • Opengapps. (nano)
    • Added a launcher that is not free but i like it a lot and dont have that many ADDS, if you go to is menu (3 horizontal bars ) and change the theme to dark and then in settings enable the "space animation background" it will look great with the background i added as default, also recommend setting the rows to 5 or 6!
    • Added "Display" in side settings, and put it on top!
    • Added Backdrop screensaver (disabled by default, enable it in "settings/screen saver/when to start"
    • Added "disabled" to screensaver in "when to start"
    • Boot should be very fast, at least in my trial 1? boot is fast and following boots are even faster!
    • Of course added a few apps...
    • And lots of other stuff since a sdk is big... and to much to write!

Bugs:
    • There is in some apps a bottom and right side black bars, i still dint found out why that is happening and it needs some time to debug, but as soon as i fix it i will rls a ota!
    • Power led might not work on all, i know on boxes with only 1 led same color it works just fine, on the ones that uses green/red or blue/red m8 be inverted.
    • Also on boxes that have "time display", the display will not work, it m8 get stuck in showing "boot" no do not work at all!
    • CEC is disabled by default since im not sure it will work on all boxes!
    • I bet theirs a more...

Want to buy me a beer?

Download:

Install instructions:
    • Use USB Burning tool 2.1.7.0 DONT USE OLDER ONES....
    • This boxes are very picky when it comes to flashing, so use a quality usb cable.
    • Also connect the power supply when you are flashing.
    • Normally on my box the first 2 flashes go bad... dont worry the box wont brick because of it, it wont boot until you flash it fully but it always enters in flash mode...
    • Just try and try and try until you get a good flash.
    • I recommend you guys press start in the flash tool and then connect the box...
    • Be persuasive ....

Where to buy:

1? BOOT MAY TAKE AROUND 6 MINUTES!

THIS ROM DELETES ALL YOUR DATA SO DO A BACKUP!

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Enjoy it!
    Last edited by superceleron; 06-18-2019, 18:19.

Tested Boxes:

Beelink GT1 Mini 2/4Gb : Led works as normal, remote works as normal, AP-BCM Wifi/BT

Tanix TX5 Max 2/4Gb : No Led/ No display (stays in "boot"), remote works as normal RTL Wifi/BT

Not 100% > KM9 Non Voice Remote
    Mecool KM9 v2.2 : No ethernet nor wifi or bt no LEDS (really dunno what chip is used on this box...), but it boots just fine and all rest works just fine... so it means this box is not 100% reference design,some device tree love m8 fix eth!

KM9 Voice remote
    Mecool KM9 V2.0 WiFi ok, BT ok , No ethernet, BT remote not happy, no LEDS!

H96 Max X2: missing eth wifi and bt, dunno what wifi/bt chip is used on this box, eth should be fixable in device tree!

A95X Max
    Not a reference design no go. will not burn

T95Q:
    Working WiFi, Ethernet, BT, LED, stock remote No, BT remote Yes.
    May get some Crudd on screen after SC boot logo Android balls and stuff appear after a bit.

X96MAX
    Working WiFi, Ethernet, BT, Clock No, Stock Remote No, BT remote Yes
    Clean boot nice and snappy.

S95
    Working WiFi, Ethernet, BT, LED, Stock Remote Yes, BT remote Yes
    Pain to burn a few attempts

Bqeel Y4 Max:
    Working but with problems, no wifi/bt and no ethernet, device tree mod needed or just use the one from stock rom!

Last edited by superceleron; 05-10-2019, 20:50.

Comment

Hi, first off, thanks a lot for your work!

Flashed no problem on my H96 Max X2. Not advised but I went ahead and flashed without the power cable and it worked first try (I've never had an issue with my particular box, maybe my USB cable is good?).

Unfortunately the wifi or ethernet doesn't seem to work, at least they didn't on my box. Is it possible to add the wifi/ethernet drivers for the H96 Max X2? I can't seem to find any info on which chip(s) it uses, but if it helps, there have been ports made from X96 and T95X2 firmwares here:
      Посмотреть и скачать с Яндекс Диска

Посмотреть и скачать с Яндекс Диска

Another thing is (as you mentioned as a possible 'bug') the LED is inverted, so the power ON LED is red and the power off LED is blue. Not a big deal at all though.

FWIW, I flashed 'SC Generic Multi-WiFi BCM/AP-BT BootAnimation IMG.'

Also, does anyone know which BT chip the H96 Max X2 uses?

Comment

Originally posted by rahzel View Post
        Hi, first off, thanks a lot for your work!

Flashed no problem on my H96 Max X2. Not advised but I went ahead and flashed without the power cable and it worked first try (I've never had an issue with my particular box, maybe my USB cable is good?).

Unfortunately the wifi or ethernet doesn't seem to work, at least they didn't on my box. Is it possible to add the wifi/ethernet drivers for the H96 Max X2? I can't seem to find any info on which chip(s) it uses, but if it helps, there have been ports made from X96 and T95X2 firmwares here:

Another thing is (as you mentioned as a possible 'bug') the LED is inverted, so the power ON LED is red and the power off LED is blue. Not a big deal at all though.

FWIW, I flashed 'SC Generic Multi-WiFi BCM/AP-BT BootAnimation IMG.'

Also, does anyone know which BT chip the H96 Max X2 uses?
        k thks for your test i will add to the list!
        Maybe someone wants to mod it to work on that box!

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post

k thks for your test i will add to the list!
          Maybe someone wants to mod it to work on that box!
          Thanks, would be greatly appreciated. Even though I couldn't really do anything without internet, I liked what I was seeing.

Another thing is when I click on the connected devices in the settings, it just closes the settings app. Maybe the H96 Max X2 has a different BT chip, too?

Comment

Originally posted by rahzel View Post
            Thanks, would be greatly appreciated. Even though I couldn't really do anything without internet, I liked what I was seeing.

Another thing is when I click on the connected devices in the settings, it just closes the settings app. Maybe the H96 Max X2 has a different BT chip, too?
            well yes since wifi and bt are in the same chip, is a 2 in 1 chip!

Comment

Hi,what of this roms is the best for gt1 mini 4gb 32gb Thanks!

Comment

You can see by the tests above, and as mentioned,
                GT1 mini any flavours (size) will work fine..
                Last edited by trebor; 05-10-2019, 19:59.
                treboR
                Please consider
                Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                  You can see by the tests above, and as mentioned,
                  GT1 mini any flavour will work fine..
                  not all flavors, only the BCM/AP flavors
                  Now you can choose bootanimation or bootvideo, if you care about bootvideo so i think the recommend one is bootanimation!

Comment

+1 for porting to H96 Max X2

Comment

Ok.I will try then, test first rom.

Comment

Hi, I flashed this on the x96 max 2gb/16 model flashed fine and booted up , but the generic remote doesnt work , working with separate usb remote but when press power to standby it doesnt come back on, WIFI is working

the front display and led not working but you already mentioned that and thats not really big issue

other then that it runs very fast

Appericate the work you do

Sorry just read again you posted no stock remote working

Thanks
                        Last edited by uscool; 05-10-2019, 13:35.

Comment

Which one i need to install on X96 Max?
                          Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by uscool View Post
                            Hi, I flashed this on the x96 max 2gb/16 model flashed fine and booted up , but the generic remote doesnt work , working with separate usb remote but when press power to standby it doesnt come back on, WIFI is working

the front display and led not working but you already mentioned that and thats not really big issue

other then that it runs very fast

Appericate the work you do

Sorry just read again you posted no stock remote working

Thanks
                            ye stock remote will not work, i only added to poweron the minix 2.4g remote and gt1 mini 2.4g remote, and some other remotes but the uboot is limited to max 9 remotes to poweron so im limited in that, that is why i added the 2.4g ones!

Comment

Originally posted by zsdd View Post
                              Which one i need to install on X96 Max?
                              Thanks
                              The RTL one

Comment

Working...
                              X