[ROM] SkyStream 3 Plus [Updated: 20190630]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM] SkyStream 3 Plus [Updated: 20190630]

SkyStream Doesnt want to release their so called wonder ROM Image that we might be able to use in case of a screw up and need to reflash.

So I did the next best thing, I manually pulled all images from the Box, using "dd" with the correct options of bs=512 (default) count=total sectors....

then I verified that I can extract each image with no problem using Superr's kitchen called Superrr, Then I used The linux-amlogic-toolkit by natinusala,

Then extracting other s905x2 roms and comparing with the SkyStream Pulled Extracted Images, everything is pretty much same other then system and boot and vendor, give ortake a bit.

So I put everything in place and repacked the Image to a flashable AmLogic USB Brun Image..

I personally Have not tested this ROM Image out yet other then run checks and verify that is can be re extracted:

Be Warned, This isnt for newbies to test.. I would like to ask others that know what they are doing to test it plz.

I didnt know were else to post this, So I posted it here:

WARNING:
    I'm not responsible and nor the forum that hosts my ROM is, of any damage or malfunction caused on your device, during the flash or the use of my ROM.
    You'll take the responsibility of what you do.
    My Roms cannot brick your device, but you can flashing it improperly. I'm not a chinese box help center i hope you'll understand what i mean

Download Here:
    Open Source, Open Source Software, Development, Community, Source Code, Secure, Downloads, Free Software
    Last edited by Eliminater74; 06-30-2019, 20:15.

I can test later and see if I can make atv out of it

Comment

Originally posted by minixfreak View Post
      I can test later and see if I can make atv out of it
      Sounds good too me, Like I said, I didnt test it.. I only put the image together after doing alot of research and reading and other testing.. Not to mention comparing and hex comparing...

I am an Android Developer and Founder of Nebula Kernel, and 1 of 2 founders of PureFusionOS Rom. I am new to the Android TV Box world. But I wanted to get my hands dirty and see what I can make this thing do.. I first needed a backup image other then the normal TWRP backs.. I needed all partitions to be safe... Not that it would help me if I really screw it up..

But im normally pretty good at getting out crap like that before it gets to deep and I cant recover..

But thanks man.. your help is much appreciated...

Comment

I tried a simple blend: your system and logo partitions with the dtb, boot/bootloader and vendor from the Beelink GT Mini-A rom.

Got as far your second loading screen, where it hung..seems like there's potential for further adaptation.

Comment

Originally posted by Zahir View Post
          I tried a simple blend: your system and logo partitions with the dtb, boot/bootloader and vendor from the Beelink GT Mini-A rom.

Got as far your second loading screen, where it hung..seems like there's potential for further adaptation.
          Not sure on that one. If it were an android phone or tablet, I would say clear cache and art, but this thing, everytime I tried to clear cache it gets stuck on the wiping cache part.
          or maybe you need the vendor as well. the beeliink GT Mini and the skystream is really 90+% same .. I am still learning how Android TV boxes come together..

After all my years of working with OEM Devices Like LG, HTC, Samsung, Oneplus, This is really pretty easy.. but I need to learn the booting process way more then what I know already.

But if it hung on loading screen, Then it just means it couldnt find something it was looking for. which could prob be in vendor.. The OS in skystream is very limited.. Which I didnt know
          at the time I got it.. and it likes to default to leanback launcher which is preinstalled in vendor as well as a few other parts.

So that is why I am saying maybe you need the skystream vendor as well. but making it to the loading screen means it passed all the other checks, good sign..
          But being held up on something it cant find.............

If the ROM was even remotely bad, you would of never made it to the boot animation at all. but since you did.. your good in that area..

and boot doesnt matter.. all the kernels are 100% same for the most part.. I flashed 5 different kernels from 5 different devices that have a s905x2 chipset and all booted with no problem.
          and as for the bootloader, u-boot means universal bootloader, which by my comparing and research, are all the same.. as long as you use one configured and compiled for the amlogic s905x2 chipset...... but as for vendor.. that is were im not 100% sure on.....

Comment

Hi,

Eliminater74 Sounds like a new developer coming to tv boxes, yeah

Your Comment: ".. I am still learning how Android TV boxes come together.."
            Amlogic devices are pretty basic and the manufacturers adhere to Amlogic's instructions for building reference boards, why most the ROMs are interchangeable. Amlogic doesn't publicly release their kernel or SDK for their chips and everything's got to be reversed engineered. I believe the biggest gains can be made with the Kernel. See this project: http://linux-meson.com/

I started looking into making a ROM myself, that runs off the AOSP-hikey-branch that will run Android 9 with Treble Off, seeing since these TVbox boxes are not Phones/tablets why should we emulate them that way when the code base exsists for reference boards with the hikey code base, that is my thought process anyways, and getting the Kernel and Bootloader to work properly will be probably be my biggest hurdle. I still need to do more extensive research and is early going for my own ROM development project.

What is your end goal? A universal SkyStream ROM? Or your own ROM with improved UI/UX and functions? One thing I would like to see in others ROMs is to add the Samba drivers that Ugoos manufacturer adds to their ROMs for Samba Server functionality as a key feature to other custom TVbox ROMs.

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post
              Hi,

Eliminater74 Sounds like a new developer coming to tv boxes, yeah

Your Comment: ".. I am still learning how Android TV boxes come together.."
              Amlogic devices are pretty basic and the manufacturers adhere to Amlogic's instructions for building reference boards, why most the ROMs are interchangeable. Amlogic doesn't publicly release their kernel or SDK for their chips and everything's got to be reversed engineered. I believe the biggest gains can be made with the Kernel. See this project: http://linux-meson.com/

I started looking into making a ROM myself, that runs off the AOSP-hikey-branch that will run Android 9 with Treble Off, seeing since these TVbox boxes are not Phones/tablets why should we emulate them that way when the code base exsists for reference boards with the hikey code base, that is my thought process anyways, and getting the Kernel and Bootloader to work properly will be probably be my biggest hurdle. I still need to do more extensive research and is early going for my own ROM development project.

What is your end goal? A universal SkyStream ROM? Or your own ROM with improved UI/UX and functions? One thing I would like to see in others ROMs is to add the Samba drivers that Ugoos manufacturer adds to their ROMs for Samba Server functionality as a key feature to other custom TVbox ROMs.

Thanks for the info, Really I am just trying to see what I can really do.. as far as kernels, I seen a few kernel sources out there.. that seem to be related with amlogic.. I am mainly a kernel developer so that is what I like to do most of all. and your right.. The workings on current kernel is off track.. it seems to have been put together way to fast and very basic.. Having EAS alone would make a huge dif, and the 4.9 kernels have EAS, come with it, but its a half job, a few more commits are needed to make it full. also removing some needless debugging crap helps speed things up as well.. and a few GPU tricks would push the GPU past its default.

But my problem now is this, SkyStream doesnt release crap, I pulled all seeable images off my self. but after doing a bit more research I think I have been going in wrong direction.

at one time, I was thinking /dev/block/bootloader was u-boot when its clearly not, at least not sure on that..
              I know mmcblk0boot0 is BCT for the most part.. and I seen guides where they flash new u-boots to mmcblk0, that kinda confuses me, I am not
              sure where u-boot is stored and what command I need to pull it from device.

Once I get past all that tech crap, then i can work on custom rom it self..

but im learing as I can. Tv boxes are basic yeah. but it also opens a world I never really touched based with.

Comment

Rom Image has been updated, I made a huge mistake last build, used the wrong DDR and UBOOT info.

This time, This should be complete and work, Only thing I did was made sure recovery was TWRP and also made a slight change to LOGO...

Other then that, it should be 100% Official Stock.....

Comment

vasily from russia already made it for x96max (4gb ram version) and it should work on T95Q
                  has anyone tried it ?
                  i think the sleep issue should be resolved

SkyStream 3 Plus Untouched
                  The system itself did not really change anything, did not delete the programs, did not add, And yes, screwed the Status bars.
                  Sewed into the system recovery twrp 3.2.3-1
                  The only thing that added two more launchers for convenience.
                  There is a small feature in this firmware Magic Manager Root right provides.
                  But at the entrance to the Magic asks for an update, preferably Not to Update.

PS Updated Chrome browser 57 with the ability to Copy / Paste.

Click image for larger version

Name:	16654630.png
Views:	4819
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	777604Click image for larger version

Name:	16654638.png
Views:	4417
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	777605

Comment

I truly have a SkyStream 3 Plus 4/64 and I just pulled all my partitions and created a flash-able IMG With 100% stock SkyStream 3 Plus, and I know there is another one out on board for the x96 Max, but as I said, this one is fully Stock designed for peepz like me that might wanna flash other crap, and might need to have stock back on.......

So that was my intention...

Comment

how is it working? sir, maybe we can do a test for you also on it. tks

Comment

This thread is a bit old but I can verify that this rom worked on my skystream 3 plus. I did have to download the rom a second time because the first one threw some errors when flashing with the amlogic tool!

Comment

Originally posted by Eliminater74 View Post
                          SkyStream Doesnt want to release their so called wonder ROM Image that we might be able to use in case of a screw up and need to reflash.
                          So I did the next best thing, I manually pulled all images from the Box, using "dd" with the correct options of bs=512 (default) count=total sectors....
                          then I verified that I can extract each image with no problem using Superr's kitchen called Superrr, Then I used The linux-amlogic-toolkit by natinusala,
                          Then extracting other s905x2 roms and comparing with the SkyStream Pulled Extracted Images, everything is pretty much same other then system and boot and vendor, give ortake a bit.
                          So I put everything in place and repacked the Image to a flashable AmLogic USB Brun Image..
                          I personally Have not tested this ROM Image out yet other then run checks and verify that is can be re extracted:
                          Be Warned, This isnt for newbies to test.. I would like to ask others that know what they are doing to test it plz.
                          I didnt know were else to post this, So I posted it here:
                          WARNING:
                          I'm not responsible and nor the forum that hosts my ROM is, of any damage or malfunction caused on your device, during the flash or the use of my ROM.
                          You'll take the responsibility of what you do.
                          My Roms cannot brick your device, but you can flashing it improperly. I'm not a chinese box help center i hope you'll understand what i mean

Download Here:
                          For those of you who wonder what Sky-stream is selling and how they sell it I'm posting my emails with them, I think you'll find it instructive.
                          I can't get in touch with you by phone because even the phone number on your site is BS. Just like your people telling me that the boxes were rooted, really, what did you use for root since Magisk manager says magisk is NOT installed, and these two boxes that I bought directly from you guys are NOT rooted, not even "kind of rooted". It looks to me like you might be running some hacked version of Android TV but I can't confirm that, as yet, what's more is I shouldn't have to confirm it, since I shouldn't have been lied to about "root". What I did find is that the native Netflix and Prime app won't play 4k.
                          What your sales people told me was that things like AdAway would still work as the box was "kind of rooted", in the same breath they tried to tell me their box was genuine android tv. Total load of crap to sell a glorified amlogic box.
                          Skystream, based on my research, is keeping their new super OS locked down in secret. I was told that was due to am-logic factory guidelines, but obviously I now know it’s because you're running a cloned, unlicensed firmware. Really a crap move in my opinion. You sell this garbage to a dev and think I'm not going to find out, are you nuts??
                          I expect an RMA from you guys for the two boxes I bought from you that were "kind of rooted", whatever the hell that means. All I know is that I was lied too and I am super pissed off, you can ignore me and I promise you every site I work like XDA and Freaktab and any other of the many sites I visit dev custom roms. I hate being lied to, just so you could sell a freaking box. What is wrong with you people???

Customer Service Dec 28, 2020, 4:43 PM
                          to me
                          Hello,
                          Looking up your order number and tracking information, this order was received on the 7th and you are past the return
                          policy. On our website, we state Netflix and Amazon Prime video do not play in 4K but in standard HD. This is stated
                          prior to purchasing the SkyStream Pro. As stated on our website "Skystream Technologies does not allow returns
                          because you did not do any research as to what you are buying. All of our Streaming Media Players run the Android
                          operating system so you can use Android applications on your TV. Our devices are not cable boxes and do not provide
                          any content outside of the applications you install and use. Please email us at info at skystreamx.com if you have
                          questions about or products prior to purchase.".
                          As the device uses Android TV OS, users can download applications using APKPure and Chrome which comes
                          preloaded. The google play store that's preloaded only installs Android TV Apps while users can use APKPure or
                          Google Chrome to install Android Mobile OS applications. There is nothing that states on our website promoting our
                          devices as a fully rooted device, partially rooted device, or stating this is a google certified box. We are capable of
                          preloading certain applications to our devices which is not able to be done on Google certified units. Strict google
                          certified units wouldn't allow apps like APKPure, Chrome, Media center updater, etc. A strict google certified unit
                          would be considered a nvidia shield with no root at all. The device is considered partially rooted as the box is able to
                          receive OTA Updates from our firmware developer whenever we push new firmware fixes. We do not need Magisk
                          Manager as that application is strictly for Android Mobile OS / Phone operated boxes.. we have our own custom android
                          tv firmware. Only google certified units can provide 4K amazon and netflix as these services will not allow a user to
                          play it in higher quality. It's how these applications are developed by their app developer.. its to prevent rooted /
                          partially rooted devices from getting that higher quality. This is known to many people in forums such as reddit, xda,
                          freaktabs, etc..

3:03 PM (1 hour ago)
                          to SkyStream
                          ?
                          Well isn't that special, " There is nothing that states on our website promoting our devices as a fully rooted device, partially rooted device, or stating this is a google certified box", except you don't have to state its a Google certified box since that is implied when you run google. I'll ask google if it's OK to sell a bastardized version of their software on your boxes? As far as the rooting of the box, I was told by your chat person that the box was "kind of rooted", which of course is total bullshit.
                          "A strict google certified unit would be considered a NVIDIA shield with no root at all" except NVIDIA supplies pre-rooted Developer images that can be flashed on their boxes to give it full root, so once again all you guys do is LIE.
                          Then of course is the best part of your bullshit, "Skystream Technologies does not allow returns because you did not do any research as to what you are buying." In other words "buyer beware". I asked the appropriate questions before I bought your boxes and was flat out lied too. I know you are not going to stand behind your boxes so rest assured this response and this note will be posted on all the appropriate sites. I now consider my responsibility to inform others of your duplicitous behaviors.

Comment

OTA updates from their firmware developer? Another lie. Have you tried to run their OTA update? It pops up and tells you the url cannot be resolved. Therefore there will be no OTA updates at all. There was never a plan to provide any either.
                            Do a search in XDA for skystream. I bet you will find a link asking for a developer to help them create a rom for their boxes.
                            At least there used to be. I should have took a screen shot.
                            Either way, their self proclaimed "best streaming media box ever" status is getting a bit rocky.
                            Check the version of Google play store. It is stuck at 12. Nuff said.

Comment

Hey, I am coming ot this a couple of years later. I have the Skystream 2 version form these charlatans. It's got perfectly good hardware so I'd love to flash it to some barebones system as I find their's buggy with many apps. Is there any way to do this, or should I chuck it in the bin and just buy a legitimate streamer? I'm no expert on any of this, but over the years I have rooted phones, pawned iphones, etc, so if it isn;' too hard I'd like to try just to not throw the thing in the garbage.

Comment

Working...
                              X