Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Beelink GTMini-A ALVATECH Android (8.1 Oreo) S905X2 Widevine L1 DRM (Netflix Certified)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    how can i save my original firmware before changing?

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by ALVATECH View Post
      [ROM] Beelink GTMini-A ALVATECH Android (8.1 Oreo) S905X2 Widevine L1 DRM (Netflix Certified)

      This is a nice clean ROM with some tweaks, GUI cleanup, Mods and some changes made from the original GTMini-A ROM.
      Please read the entire post before asking questions. Thank you.

      This ROM is for the GTMini-A TV Boxes I've converted it from Android TV to Standard Android.
      I have figured out a way to keep DRM Widevine L1 (Netflix Certification) and convert it to Standard Android.
      In order for Netflix to work in HD you must use the Android TV version of Netflix App, this is pre-installed in this ROM.

      (There has been some hardware variants so please read carefully.)
      Best thing to do before flashing your box is to check which Serial Number you currently have on the bottom of your box.
      I've made 2 different ROM's for these boxes one with starting SN: 95X2 and another one for SN:B95X
      (confirmed to also work with SN:B905 use SN:B95X ROM ) Please download the correct ROM for your box down below.

      This ROM is for the Beelink GTMini-A S905X2

      Changes/Mods & Tweaks Alvatech ROM:
      • This ROM is based off of Beelink's Firmware.
      • Widevine L1 (Netflix Certification) DRM is still intact.
      • Removed unneeded apps that Beelink had installed.
      • TWRP Recovery 3.2.3-1 by TeamWin
      • Cleaned up Beelink's scripts that I don't use in this ROM.
      • Nicer mouse cursor for easy viewing.
      • Two Launchers: Square Home 3 , Android One Launcher.
      • Pressing the F9 Button on keyboard brings up new android settings from the right side of the screen.
      • Added TV Settings in app drawer for users who don't have the F9 key on their keyboard.
      • Additional Apps: X-plore File Manager, Smart YouTube TV, Kodi, & Power Menu (With Recovery Boot Option)
      • Netflix ATV version (needed for HD)
      • Added additional support for more Remotes such as Minix A2 Airmouse and more.
      • Added support for controllers and joysticks. (Xbox,PS3 & PS4)
      • Removed purple highlight from Settings.
      • libamcodec added & registered.
      • Removed and cleaned up files / libraries that are no longer needed.
      • Added Multi Webview options under Developer options / WebView Implementation .
      • Fixed bug with keyboard "Enter" Key.
      • Updated Gapps
      • Added Google Clock.
      • Added Android TV Remote Control.
      • Alvatech Boot Logo & Boot Animation
      • New Wallpaper
      • Other changes, I'll add them as I remember.

      If you would like to show a sign of appreciation. Please click on donation link down below. Thank you!
      Donation Link Here

      Notes:
      Please read the "Extra Tips Section" on the 2nd post for additional help.
      When box boots for the first time only, installation is still going on in the background please be patient for it to load completely.
      When you connect the box to the internet for the first time google dependencies will need to be updated, please allow for these updates to finish.

      Download ROM for SN: 95X2:
      GTMini-A_AT_V2A_DRML1

      Download ROM for SN: B95X:
      GTMini-A_AT_V2A_DRML1_B95X

      Installation Instructions:
      Recommend Using Amlogic's USB Burning Tool. SD Card Method can be used.
      Very Important! when you flash your box either by USB or SD-Card NEVER use the option Force Erase All only use the Normal Erase option or you will lose DRM Widevine L1 (Netflix Certification).

      Click needed link down below to download.
      USB Burning Tool Method: Amlogic's USB Burning Tool
      SD Card Method: Amlogic's Burn Card Maker


      1ST BOOT TAKES ABOUT 5-6 MINUTES, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT.
      THIS DELETES ALL YOUR DATA SO DO A BACKUP IF NEEDED! USE THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!
      THESE BOXES ARE VERY PICKY IF YOU FLASH IMPROPER OR FLASH WRONG BOOTLOADER YOU CAN LOSE DRM WIDEVINE L1 OR EVEN DAMAGE YOUR BOX.


      This is to share my work with everyone and to try to make these TV boxes more enjoyable.
      I will try my best to answer or help with any questions and or concerns as soon as I can.
      If something doesn't function properly please let me know with as much detail as possible and I will try to fix it.
      I HOPE YOU ENJOY IT AS MUCH AS I DO!!

      Thank you Beelink for the sample hardware.




      To help support FreakTab you can purchase one of the following:
      Purchase the GT MINI at Gearbest < click
      Purchase the GT Mini-A at Gearbest < Click
      Purchase GT Mini A 2 at Gearbest < Click
      is this unroot firmware?

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by fmvg79 View Post
        how can i save my original firmware before changing?
        You can flash any ROM the same way you flash this ROM. So you could always go back to factory the same way you flash this one just download factory ROM from Beelink. Use USB Burning tool. Also yes the ROM is rooted. If you like you can hide root with Magisk. Just follow the steps on the 2nd post about Magisk on how to do so.
        Thank you,

        Alvatech

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by fmvg79 View Post

          is this unroot firmware?
          Hello,
          This firmware is rooted. But if you like, you can read the 2nd post of this thread and install Magisk so you can hide root from most applications.
          Thank you,

          Alvatech

          Comment


            #20
            Hi Alvatech
            SN: 95X2

            On Netflix I'm getting an error.
            I didn't Force Erase All but per below I'm on L3. I did flash this ROM over XTMOD-ATV X96 Max - GT1 ROM.

            Can you tell the problem? Is there a way to get the box right?

            Thanks!

            UI-800-3 (207006)
            From netflix "It typically points to a DRM issue. Follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issue."

            On my DRM info I assume this may be needed.

            Widevine
            Version v5.1.0-android
            Sys ID 4445
            Security Level L3
            HDCP Level unprotected
            Max HDCP unprotected
            Usage Reporting True
            Max 16
            Number Open 0

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by txbut View Post
              Hi Alvatech
              SN: 95X2

              On Netflix I'm getting an error.
              I didn't Force Erase All but per below I'm on L3. I did flash this ROM over XTMOD-ATV X96 Max - GT1 ROM.

              Can you tell the problem? Is there a way to get the box right?

              Thanks!

              UI-800-3 (207006)
              From netflix "It typically points to a DRM issue. Follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issue."

              On my DRM info I assume this may be needed.

              Widevine
              Version v5.1.0-android
              Sys ID 4445
              Security Level L3
              HDCP Level unprotected
              Max HDCP unprotected
              Usage Reporting True
              Max 16
              Number Open 0
              Hello,
              The only thing I can think of is either there was a force erase option that was done at one point while flashing a ROM or some files have been deleted or modified. I would try re-flashing the original GTMini-A ROM from Beelink with the USB burning tool and see what your DRM status is, it should be L1. If you still have L3 then there is nothing you can do about it anymore. Once you lose it there is no going back to L1. Not sure if somehow something else got flashed when you were flashing another ROM.
              Thank you,

              Alvatech

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by ALVATECH View Post

                Hello,
                The only thing I can think of is either there was a force erase option that was done at one point while flashing a ROM or some files have been deleted or modified. I would try re-flashing the original GTMini-A ROM from Beelink with the USB burning tool and see what your DRM status is, it should be L1. If you still have L3 then there is nothing you can do about it anymore. Once you lose it there is no going back to L1. Not sure if somehow something else got flashed when you were flashing another ROM.
                Thank you,

                Alvatech
                Thanks I will try loading the original. Not sure I didn't force erase using USB burning 2.1.6.8 at the time because was having issues getting it to work and tried a lot of options then. Much appreciated!

                Edit: Welp, flashed GT1-mini_115N0.img and not knowing where to check for L1 I installed the Netflix's app through Beelinks app installer and Netflix is working. whew!
                Last edited by txbut; 09-10-2019, 18:25.

                Comment


                  #23
                  Hi Alvatech.. I just noticed from other GT1-A and GT Mini-A users that they will see error NWK 6-404 when launching Netflix ATV version. So I guess that's the end for Netflix HD/4K support on GT1-A and GT Mini-A, since I guess they managed to spoof Xiaomi build.prop and also using XIAOMI12TRIAL in the Netflix ESN key. Netflix managed to detect in the end and stop the streaming support on these models. However Netflix mobile version still works, but with SD quality, I think is better to stick with my Mibox S for Netflix HD streaming.

                  My question is, is it possible for me to downgrade the Google L1 to L3? I am thinking of using your firmware, set the option to force erase all flash while burning. Do you think it is possible?

                  Thank you.

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Today Netflix stopped working

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by azwandyazizan View Post
                      Hi Alvatech.. I just noticed from other GT1-A and GT Mini-A users that they will see error NWK 6-404 when launching Netflix ATV version. So I guess that's the end for Netflix HD/4K support on GT1-A and GT Mini-A, since I guess they managed to spoof Xiaomi build.prop and also using XIAOMI12TRIAL in the Netflix ESN key. Netflix managed to detect in the end and stop the streaming support on these models. However Netflix mobile version still works, but with SD quality, I think is better to stick with my Mibox S for Netflix HD streaming.

                      My question is, is it possible for me to downgrade the Google L1 to L3? I am thinking of using your firmware, set the option to force erase all flash while burning. Do you think it is possible?

                      Thank you.
                      Hello,
                      Yeah I've noticed it's all over Beelink's forum. There is nothing I can do about it. Beelink would need to be the one to resolve any issues people are experiencing, since their the ones who sold the box. I don't see any reason for you to change this box to L3, but yes that is one way to get it done. You should still be able to use the standard mobile version of the Netflix Apk. Not sure what Beelink is going to do now, I'm curious.
                      Thank you,

                      Alvatech

                      Originally posted by Rani2add View Post
                      Today Netflix stopped working
                      Yep, it's all over Beelink's forum not sure what's going to happen next. I guess we'll wait and see.
                      Thank you,

                      Alvatech

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by ALVATECH View Post

                        Hello,
                        Yeah I've noticed it's all over Beelink's forum. There is nothing I can do about it. Beelink would need to be the one to resolve any issues people are experiencing, since their the ones who sold the box. I don't see any reason for you to change this box to L3, but yes that is one way to get it done. You should still be able to use the standard mobile version of the Netflix Apk. Not sure what Beelink is going to do now, I'm curious.
                        Thank you,

                        Alvatech



                        Yep, it's all over Beelink's forum not sure what's going to happen next. I guess we'll wait and see.
                        Thank you,

                        Alvatech
                        Hi Alvatech.. yes, I managed to downgrade from L1 to L3.. using force full erase option using burnmaker.. the reason is one of my favourite streaming app is very lagging due to L1.. the same thing does not happen on L3 boxes.. so I think since this box no longer support netflix, why do i need google L1 anymore..

                        and the best thing is, even gt1 mini firmware works on this..

                        thanks alvatech

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Originally posted by azwandyazizan View Post

                          Hi Alvatech.. yes, I managed to downgrade from L1 to L3.. using force full erase option using burnmaker.. the reason is one of my favourite streaming app is very lagging due to L1.. the same thing does not happen on L3 boxes.. so I think since this box no longer support netflix, why do i need google L1 anymore..

                          and the best thing is, even gt1 mini firmware works on this..

                          thanks alvatech
                          Okay, I guess it's time to see about making an Android 9 version for these boxes when I get some time. Since these have lost their certificate from Netflix then I can make one ROM for these boxes except for the ones with the new serial numbers.
                          Thank you,

                          Alvatech

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by ALVATECH View Post

                            Okay, I guess it's time to see about making an Android 9 version for these boxes when I get some time. Since these have lost their certificate from Netflix then I can make one ROM for these boxes except for the ones with the new serial numbers.
                            Thank you,

                            Alvatech
                            Mine one is GT Mini-A 2GB RAM/32GB storage with the 95X2 serial number. I flashed with full erasure option using burn SD card method. I managed to load firmware GT1 Mini 002P0 Android 9 into it. Installed DRM info, and it stays at Google L3. Looks like everything is working fine, including wifi everything.. except in developer option.. no option to turn off root.. I just do manual unroot and it is working..

                            I have another one GT Mini-A with B95X SN. Also do the same thing, except using 003P0 firmware. Managed to get the device now running on level 3, instead of L1.

                            Lesson learned the hard way. Dont trust any Chinese android devices for 4K/Netflix HD, unless it is Google certified. If I am not mistaken for android boxes, only 3 are certified from Google, Mibox, Nvidia Shield and Ematic Jetstream.

                            I don't expect Beelink to resolve this Netflix issue, unless they go extreme measures and pay big amount of money to Netflix.

                            LOL.

                            Comment


                              #29
                              i bought 8 BEELINK GT MINI A,, I WASTE MY TIME AND MY MONEY, OFFER GOOGLE CAST ,NETFLIX 4K AND DRM L1 I PAID 480 DOLLARS MORE LESS

                              THIS TV BOX NEED UPDATE FIRMWARE LIKE MECOOL KM3 HAVE GOOGLE CERTIFICATE ,DRM L1 WITH CHROMECAST INTEGRATED

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Good morning how are you?
                                I recently bought this TVbox for the advertising of netflix 4k, it worked fine but this month it stopped working for what I read in beelink forums and here the problem is general for all beelink gt mini-a
                                The concern I have is the following, when I made the purchase of the tv box I bought 2 the beelink gtmini-a (netflix 4k support) and a mecool km9 pro without this support, as I knew that the mecool had no support 4k look for an apk mod of netflix for android TV, it worked for me and it still works so far in 4k content without any problem
                                The problem is that when I install it on this beelink, you fail to know why that happens?
                                This is the link of the Spanish video tutorial where I got the apk.

                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYIz7syxyts

                                apk link works smoothly and in 4k on tv box Mecool km9 pro
                                https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RGQ...AMcpSjk-p/view
                                https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Wek...7JKaiz5Nq/view

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X