Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Beelink GTMini-A ALVATECH Android (8.1 Oreo) S905X2 Widevine L1 DRM (Netflix Certified)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joacom87
    replied
    Hi, thanks for the rom.
    Does this rom solve the chromecast issue?
    ​​​​​Amazon prime too?

Leave a comment:

• ALVATECH
    replied
    Originally posted by plikmuny View Post
    Hi Alvatech, can you cook for us an ATV version with T95Q Box support pls.... i really love your ATV version. Thanks in advance
    Hello,
    I don't own a T95Q box, so this would make it difficult to make an ATV ROM for this box without it physically in hand for testing purposes. If I had a box donated to me somehow I would be more than happy to try to do so.
    Thank you,

Alvatech

Leave a comment:

• plikmuny
    replied
    Hi Alvatech, can you cook for us an ATV version with T95Q Box support pls.... i really love your ATV version. Thanks in advance

Leave a comment:

• ALVATECH
    replied
    Originally posted by Elfamis View Post
    Hi there. Is there a way to add some screen saver? The normal Android version does not include any.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
    Hello,
    This ROM is based off of Beelink's ROM and their ROM does not have a screen saver integrated yet. We are hoping they will get this done soon. This needs to be done from their source, so I'm not able to do anything about this at the moment.
    Thank you,

Alvatech

Leave a comment:

• Elfamis
    replied
    Hi there. Is there a way to add some screen saver? The normal Android version does not include any.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• ALVATECH
    replied
    Originally posted by CXath1 View Post
    If i dont like Can I turn back original firmware?
    Hello,
    Yes you can just download the latest ROM from Beelink and re-flash the box the same way you flash this one.
    Thank you,

Alvatech

Leave a comment:

• CXath1
    replied
    If i dont like Can I turn back original firmware?

Leave a comment:

• ALVATECH
    replied
    Originally posted by trapy View Post
    Thanks for this rom, it goes quite well, the only thing that the button for the google assistant does not work, when you press the button of the microphone, does not answer, thanks and a greeting

PD : There are also other buttons that do not work well, like the back to back, is there any APP to be able to map the buttons?

Beelink GT-Mini-A
    S/N: B95X

ALVATECH
    If you solve or see any solution for this, tell me, thank you very much
    Hello,
    I have freshly installed this ROM on my box connected it to wifi and logged into my google account updated everything and then clicked and held the mic button on the remote and I haven't had any trouble getting google assistant to come up. You need to hold down the Mic button as you speak into the controllers mic. Sometimes for the first time it may not grab right and you'll need to do it again but it does work for me. Also the other buttons seem to work for me too I've used the back button, home button , navigation buttons , volume , mute and it seems like they're all working good for me so not sure what buttons and or remote you're having issues with. I'm sure you did this already, but do you have the USB dongle connected to the box if not none of the other buttons will work except for the power button.
    Thank you,

Alvatech

Leave a comment:

• trapy
    replied

Thanks for this rom, it goes quite well, the only thing that the button for the google assistant does not work, when you press the button of the microphone, does not answer, thanks and a greeting

PD : There are also other buttons that do not work well, like the back to back, is there any APP to be able to map the buttons?

Beelink GT-Mini-A
    S/N: B95X

ALVATECH
    If you solve or see any solution for this, tell me, thank you very much
    Last edited by trapy; 07-20-2019, 18:50.

Leave a comment:

• ALVATECH
    replied
    Hello everyone,
    I have made a separate ROM for the newer boxes that came out with a new serial number starting with B905 & B95X. A link to this ROM is in the first post. Remember this ROM will not make your box Netflix Certified if it didn't come certified originally from factory. If you flash this ROM on a box that is in not originally Netflix Certified then you'll need to uninstall the Netflix ATV app that's installed with this ROM and install your own Netflix apk if needed.
    Thank you,

Alvatech

Leave a comment:

• ALVATECH
    replied
    # Saved

Leave a comment:

• ALVATECH
    replied
    Extra Tips Section...

Tip (1.)
    MAGISK INSTALL & HOW TO PASS SAFETYNET.

This is to hide ROOT on your box & pass Safetynet and still keep it rooted. You can also install other modules.
    DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!
    • Download the latest version of Magisk & Magisk Manager put these somewhere you know, like an SD Card.
    • Reboot into Recovery (TWRP) by using the Power Menu App or holding in the reset button on bottom of the box while powering it up.
    • Now in this exact order install Magisk zip file you downloaded through TWRP, after this reboot back into the Android OS.
    • Next install Magisk Manager then open it and if it asks you to allow Magisk to make changes and or updates, allow these changes and or updates.
    • Next in Magisk Manager go to the downloads section from the menu, and in the top right corner in the search bar type SafetyPatch then download that zip file.
    • After you download it remember where you put it, now reboot back into TWRP Recovery again and then install the SafetyPatch zip file you downloaded.
    • Now reboot into the OS and open Magisk Manager again now it should pass the SafetyNet check.
    Notes:
    I have tried this on my ROM only, not any other ROM's so please only ask for help if you installed this on this ROM only.
    Other users or myself can maybe try to assist on any problems you may have. If you need additional help please visit Magisk help here.

If you can't update certain apps from the play store you may need to clear cache from the google play store app in order to make it work again.
    To clear cache you need to go to Settings / Apps / Google Play Store / Storage then press CLEAR CACHE button. Now your apps should update.

Tip (2.)
    SPMC 17 FOR BETTER VIDEO PLAYBACK.

This is for people who still might be having some video playback issues.
    Download SPMC V17.6 or newer link here.
    Then go to Settings >> Then go to Player settings >> then go all the way down and change the option from basic to advanced then go up to Videos and look for the Playback Section and change Adjust display refresh rate to Always. Then go to the Processing Section in there leave all hardware acceleration on then go down to Accelerate MPEG2, MPEG4, h264 and hevc and change those all to Always then close out SPMC properly and then re-open you must restart SPMC properly in order for changes to take place. Then see if your troubled videos work.

Also you can try to enable HDMI self-adaption option and see if this helps out. To do this go to settings by pressing F9 on a keyboard or on the cogwheel in top right hand corner of original IR Remote then settings will come out on the right hand side of the screen. Then under Droid setting / playback settings / HDMI self-adaption and enable that option and see if this helps too.

Tip (3.)
    More Stable Wifi Connection

Go to new TV Settings (or press F9 on keyboard) then go to Network and join a Wifi network. After you've joined successfully then scroll all the way down and go to IP settings then change this from dhcp to static. Usually all the default options are gonna work so just keep accepting all the changes until the end. This should help with waking up from sleep and staying connected and also helps with disconnects from the Wifi network.

Tip (4.)
    Disable Notifications

For example if you want to disable YouTube notifications from popping up in the status bar at top of your screen do the the following steps. Go to Settings / Apps then scroll down until you see YouTube then click on it then go to Notifications then Block all (Never show notifications from this app) toggle that switch on.

Tip (5.)
    Keep status bar hidden

For the most part the status bar hides itself in this ROM. But if you want it hidden all the time. You'll only need to do this once. Here are the following steps:
    1. Download terminal emulator app from the playstore.
    2. Then run the following 2 commands in the terminal app:
    su
    then run:
    settings put global policy_control immersive.status=*
    This will make the status bar immersive.
    Now for some reason you want to undo these changes, you can run these 2 commands:
    su
    then run:
    settings put global policy_control null*

Leave a comment:

• [ROM] Beelink GTMini-A ALVATECH Android (8.1 Oreo) S905X2 Widevine L1 DRM (Netflix Certified)

[ROM] Beelink GTMini-A ALVATECH Android (8.1 Oreo) S905X2 Widevine L1 DRM (Netflix Certified)

This is a nice clean ROM with some tweaks, GUI cleanup, Mods and some changes made from the original GTMini-A ROM.
    Please read the entire post before asking questions. Thank you.

This ROM is for the GTMini-A TV Boxes I've converted it from Android TV to Standard Android.
    I have figured out a way to keep DRM Widevine L1 (Netflix Certification) and convert it to Standard Android.
    In order for Netflix to work in HD you must use the Android TV version of Netflix App, this is pre-installed in this ROM.

(There has been some hardware variants so please read carefully.)
    Best thing to do before flashing your box is to check which Serial Number you currently have on the bottom of your box.
    I've made 2 different ROM's for these boxes one with starting SN: 95X2 and another one for SN:B95X
    (confirmed to also work with SN:B905 use SN:B95X ROM ) Please download the correct ROM for your box down below.

This ROM is for the Beelink GTMini-A S905X2

Changes/Mods & Tweaks Alvatech ROM:
    • This ROM is based off of Beelink's Firmware.
    • Widevine L1 (Netflix Certification) DRM is still intact.
    • Removed unneeded apps that Beelink had installed.
    • TWRP Recovery 3.2.3-1 by TeamWin
    • Cleaned up Beelink's scripts that I don't use in this ROM.
    • Nicer mouse cursor for easy viewing.
    • Two Launchers: Square Home 3 , Android One Launcher.
    • Pressing the F9 Button on keyboard brings up new android TV Settings from the right side of the screen.
    • Added TV Settings in app drawer for users who don't have the F9 key on their keyboard.
    • Additional Apps: X-plore File Manager, Smart YouTube TV, Kodi, & Power Menu (With Recovery Boot Option)
    • Netflix ATV version (needed for HD)
    • Added additional support for more Remotes such as Minix A2 Airmouse and more.
    • Added support for controllers and joysticks. (Xbox,PS3 & PS4)
    • Removed purple highlight from Settings.
    • libamcodec added & registered.
    • Removed and cleaned up files / libraries that are no longer needed.
    • Added Multi Webview options under Developer options / WebView Implementation .
    • Fixed bug with keyboard "Enter" Key.
    • Updated Gapps
    • Added Google Clock.
    • Added Android TV Remote Control.
    • Alvatech Boot Logo & Boot Animation
    • New Wallpaper
    • Other changes, I'll add them as I remember.
    Changes 11/26/19:
    • Made 2 different ROM's for the different serial numbers.
    • All changes from above still apply.
    • Added Extra options in TV Settings, such as Screen Saver Options
    • Added Backdrop from Android TV for screen saver. You can change when to initiate it in TV Settings.
    • Google Clock (can be used as a screen saver too).
    • Double click home button brings up Recent Apps in Grid View.
    • Long Press on home button brings up Google Assistant.
    • Long Press microphone button on remote and keep holding down while talking into mic for Google Assistant.
    • Updated Apps: Kodi 18.5, X-Plore File Manger, & Smart YouTube TV
    • Fixed Notifications from Netflix.
    • Updated Gapps & Permissions.
    • Other small changes.
    Donation:
    A token of appreciation is always welcomed. Thank you!
    Donation Link Here

Notes:
    Please read the "Extra Tips Section" on the 2nd post for additional help.
    When box boots for the first time only, installation is still going on in the background please be patient for it to load completely.
    When you connect the box to the internet for the first time google dependencies will need to be updated, please allow for these updates to finish.

Download ROM for SN: 95X2:
    GTMini-A_AT_V3.0A_DRML1

Download ROM for SN: B95X:
    GTMini-A_AT_V3.0A_DRML1_B95X

Installation Instructions:
    Recommend Using Amlogic's USB Burning Tool. SD Card Method can be used.
    Very Important! when you flash your box either by USB or SD-Card NEVER use the option Force Erase All only use the Normal Erase option or you will lose DRM Widevine L1 (Netflix Certification).

Click needed link down below to download.
    USB Burning Tool Method: Amlogic's USB Burning Tool
    SD Card Method: Amlogic's Burn Card Maker

1ST BOOT TAKES ABOUT 5-6 MINUTES, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT.
    THIS DELETES ALL YOUR DATA SO DO A BACKUP IF NEEDED! USE THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!
    THESE BOXES ARE VERY PICKY IF YOU FLASH IMPROPER OR FLASH WRONG BOOTLOADER YOU CAN LOSE DRM WIDEVINE L1 OR EVEN DAMAGE YOUR BOX.

This is to share my work with everyone and to try to make these TV boxes more enjoyable.
    I will try my best to answer or help with any questions and or concerns as soon as I can.
    If something doesn't function properly please let me know with as much detail as possible and I will try to fix it.
    I HOPE YOU ENJOY IT AS MUCH AS I DO!!

Thank you Beelink for the sample hardware.

To help support FreakTab you can purchase one of the following:
    Purchase the GT MINI at Gearbest & click
    Purchase the GT Mini-A at Gearbest & Click
    Purchase GT Mini A 2 at Gearbest & Click
    Last edited by ALVATECH; 01-22-2020, 15:53.
Working...
X