X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM] Beelink GT1 Mini ALVATECH ROM Android (8.1 Oreo) S905X2

[ROM] Beelink GT1 Mini ALVATECH ROM Android (8.1 Oreo) S905X2

This is a nice clean ROM with some tweaks, GUI cleanup, Mods and some changes of the original GT1 Mini ROM.
    Please read the entire post before asking questions. Thank you.

This ROM is for the Beelink GT1 Mini S905X2

Changes/Mods & Tweaks Alvatech ROM:
    • This ROM is based off of Beelink's Latest Firmware.
    • Removed unneeded apps that Beelink had installed.
    • TWRP Recovery 3.2.3-1 by TeamWin
    • Cleaned up Beelink's kernel from redundant scripts that I don't use in this ROM.
    • Nicer mouse cursor for easy viewing.
    • Two Launchers: Square Home 3 , Android One Launcher.
    • Pressing the F9 Button on keyboard brings up new android settings from the right side of the screen.
    • Added TV Settings in app drawer for users who don't have the F9 key on their keyboard.
    • Additional Apps: Xplore File Manager, Smart YouTube TV, Kodi, Netflix & Power Menu (With Recovery Boot Option)
    • Added additional support for more Remotes such as Minix A2 Airmouse and more.
    • Added to Kernel support for more bluetooth dongles, controllers and joysticks. (Xbox,PS3 & PS4)
    • Removed and cleaned up files / libraries that are no longer needed.
    • Added Multi Webview options under Developer options / WebView Implementation .
    • Fixed bug with keyboard "Enter" Key.
    • Updated Gapps
    • Added Google Clock.
    • Added Android TV Remote Control.
    • Live wallpaper.
    • Alvatech Boot Logo
    • Alvatech Boot Animation
    • New Wallpaper
    • Other changes, I'll add them as I remember.

If you would like to show a sign of appreciation. Please click on donation link down below. Thank you!
    Donation Link Here

Notes:
    Please read the "Extra Tips Section" on the 2nd post for additional help.

Download ROM:
    GT1_MINI_115_AT_V1A

Installation Instructions:
    Recommend Using Amlogic's USB Burning Tool. If you use Amlogic's USB Burning Tool you must flash it with the USB 2.0 Port (not the blue USB port) and also with a quality M/M USB cable. SD Card flash method can be used. If you're having trouble flashing with a USB cable try the SD Card method seems to work without any issues.

AFTER FIRST INITIAL BOOT APPS WILL BE LOADING AND INSTALLING IN THE BACKGROUND FOR THE FIRST TIME SO PLEASE BE PATIENT.
    THIS ROM DELETES ALL YOUR DATA SO DO A BACKUP IF NEEDED! USE THIS ROM AT YOUR OWN RISK!

This is to share my work with everyone and to try to make these TV boxes more enjoyable.
    I will try my best to answer or help with any questions and or concerns as soon as I can.
    If something doesn't function properly please let me know with as much detail as possible and I will try to fix it.
    I HOPE YOU ENJOY IT AS MUCH AS I DO!!

To help support FreakTab: you can Purchase the GT MINI at Gearbest < click
    Last edited by ALVATECH; 08-08-2019, 17:56.

Extra Tips Section...

Tip (1.)
    MAGISK INSTALL & HOW TO PASS SAFETYNET.

This is to hide ROOT on your box & pass Safetynet and still keep it rooted. You can also install other modules.
    DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!
    • Download the latest version of Magisk & Magisk Manager put these somewhere you know, like an SD Card.
    • Reboot into Recovery (TWRP) by using the Power Menu App or holding in the reset button on bottom of the box while powering it up.
    • Now in this exact order install Magisk zip file you downloaded through TWRP, after this reboot back into the Android OS.
    • Next install Magisk Manager then open it and if it asks you to allow Magisk to make changes and or updates, allow these changes and or updates.
    • Next in Magisk Manager go to the downloads section from the menu, and in the top right corner in the search bar type SafetyPatch then download that zip file.
    • After you download it remember where you put it, now reboot back into TWRP Recovery again and then install the SafetyPatch zip file you downloaded.
    • Now reboot into the OS and open Magisk Manager again now it should pass the SafetyNet check.
    Notes:
    I have tried this on my ROM only, not any other ROM's so please only ask for help if you installed this on this ROM only.
    Other users or myself can maybe try to assist on any problems you may have. If you need additional help please visit Magisk help here.

If you can't update certain apps from the play store you may need to clear cache from the google play store app in order to make it work again.
    To clear cache you need to go to Settings / Apps / Google Play Store / Storage then press CLEAR CACHE button. Now your apps should update.

Tip (2.)
    SPMC 17 FOR BETTER VIDEO PLAYBACK.

This is for people who still might be having some video playback issues.
    Download SPMC V17.6 or newer link here.
    Then go to Settings >> Then go to Player settings >> then go all the way down and change the option from basic to advanced then go up to Videos and look for the Playback Section and change Adjust display refresh rate to Always. Then go to the Processing Section in there leave all hardware acceleration on then go down to Accelerate MPEG2, MPEG4, h264 and hevc and change those all to Always then close out SPMC properly and then re-open you must restart SPMC properly in order for changes to take place. Then see if your troubled videos work.

Also you can try to enable HDMI self-adaption option and see if this helps out. To do this go to settings by pressing F9 on a keyboard or on the cogwheel in top right hand corner of original IR Remote then settings will come out on the right hand side of the screen. Then under Droid setting / playback settings / HDMI self-adaption and enable that option and see if this helps too.

Tip (3.)
    More Stable Wifi Connection

Go to new TV Settings (or press F9 on keyboard) then go to Network and join a Wifi network. After you've joined successfully then scroll all the way down and go to IP settings then change this from dhcp to static. Usually all the default options are gonna work so just keep accepting all the changes until the end. This should help with waking up from sleep and staying connected and also helps with disconnects from the Wifi network.

Tip (4.)
    Disable Notifications

For example if you want to disable YouTube notifications from popping up in the status bar at top of your screen do the the following steps. Go to Settings / Apps then scroll down until you see YouTube then click on it then go to App Notifications then toggle the On switch to turn Off.

Tip (5.)
    Keep status bar hidden

For the most part the status bar hides itself in this ROM. But if you want it hidden all the time. You'll only need to do this once. Here are the following steps:
    1. Download terminal emulator app from the playstore.
    2. Then run the following 2 commands in the terminal app:
    su
    then run:
    settings put global policy_control immersive.status=*
    This will make the status bar immersive.
    Now for some reason you want to undo these changes, you can run these 2 commands:
    su
    then run:
    settings put global policy_control null*

Comment

# Saved

Comment

Hello everyone,
        I have made a ROM for the newer boxes that came out with a new serial number starting with B905 & B95X. A link to this ROM is over here. Remember this ROM will not make your box Netflix Certified if it didn't come originally certified from factory. So then you'll need to uninstall the Netflix ATV app that's installed with that ROM and install your own Netflix apk if needed.
        Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

Originally posted by ALVATECH View Post
          Hello everyone,
          I have made a ROM for the newer boxes that came out with a new serial number starting with B905 & B95X. A link to this ROM is over here. Remember this ROM will not make your box Netflix Certified if it didn't come originally certified from factory. So then you'll need to uninstall the Netflix ATV app that's installed with that ROM and install your own Netflix apk if needed.
          Thank you,

Alvatech
          Just for the heads up. Link to the GTMini-a is not working.

Comment

Originally posted by cr0w View Post

Just for the heads up. Link to the GTMini-a is not working.
            I'm sorry but I'm not understanding which link you referring to? I have tried all my links to the GTMini-A but I don't see any down. Unless you have bookmarked some of my threads then those bookmarks will no longer be valid since all my threads got deleted by accident by a moderator. We had to rebuild all my threads and this is why I don't have any previous posts in all my threads. So you might need to refresh your browser, clear cache and or look for the new link for my ROM and re-bookmark the ones you use again.
            Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

I'm sorry but I'm not understanding which link you referring to? I have tried all my links to the GTMini-A but I don't see any down. Unless you have bookmarked some of my threads then those bookmarks will no longer be valid since all my threads got deleted by accident by a moderator. We had to rebuild all my threads and this is why I don't have any previous posts in all my threads. So you might need to refresh your browser, clear cache and or look for the new link for my ROM and re-bookmark the ones you use again.
              Thank you,

Alvatech
              All working now. Didn't need to clean cache. Cheers.

Comment

All working now. Didn't need to clean cache. Cheers.
                I'm glad it's working now.
                Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

Hello,
                  I might need some testers to test a new ROM for this box with Android 9. Please PM me if you're interested.
                  Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

Hello,
                    I might need some testers to test a new ROM for this box with Android 9. Please PM me if you're interested.
                    Thank you,

Alvatech
                    Hi there, Alvatech

I'll be happy to help. My box S/N goes by 95X2

EDIT: Sorry, just saw it's for not certified version of this tv box. I've GTmini-a... So, I'll pass. Sorry for spam. Take care.

Comment

Hi there, Alvatech

I'll be happy to help. My box S/N goes by 95X2

EDIT: Sorry, just saw it's for not certified version of this tv box. I've GTmini-a... So, I'll pass. Sorry for spam. Take care.
                      No problem, thanks anyways,

Alvatech

Comment

Hello, everyone I have now released a Standard Android 9.0 ROM for this box, if you're interested please view link down below. I also hope to release an Android 9 TV version soon too.
                        Thank you,

Alvatech

Link to Standard Android 9.0:
                        This is a nice clean ROM with some tweaks, GUI cleanup, Mods and some changes made from the original GT1-Mini Please read the entire first post before asking questions. Thank you. (There has been some hardware variants so please read carefully.) Best thing to do before flashing your box is to check which Serial Number you

Comment

Hello everyone,
                          I've now made an Android TV 9.0 PIE (ATV) version for this box. If you're interested please see links down below.
                          Thank you,

Alvatech

Alvatech ROM ATV 9.0:
                          https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...9-0-pie-s905x2

Comment

Working...
                          X