This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=ALVATECH;n780538]

Finally, we recently upgraded the firmware for GT-King and GT1 mini, and the GT1 mini 95X2 version can now be upgraded to Android 9.0.

https://forum.freaktab?event-awards-announced

Comment

[QUOTE=nikito7989;n781959]
      Originally posted by ALVATECH View Post

Finally, we recently upgraded the firmware for GT-King and GT1 mini, and the GT1 mini 95X2 version can now be upgraded to Android 9.0.
      Hello,
      I have seen this recently. But there is still some bugs in Android 9 that might make this un-enjoyable to some users, so debating to wait for Beelink to fix some more bugs before I release any new ROM's. I also would need to find some time since there is a lot new hardware revisions and new serial numbers to make ROM's for.
      Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

ok

Comment

Originally posted by nikito7989 View Post
          ok
          I'm waiting for a box to come in. Then I will be working on 2 different ROM's for the GT1-Mini's. I plan on making Standard Android 9.0 and Android TV 9 ROM's for the new serial numbers too. Hope to get things going soon.
          Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

Hello,
            Is it possible to add confirmation for the box shutdown?
            On the remote "Power On/Off" button is located close to the "Play/Pause" button and sometimes when watching in the dark I accidentally turn off the box.
            Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by MaximG View Post
              Hello,
              Is it possible to add confirmation for the box shutdown?
              On the remote "Power On/Off" button is located close to the "Play/Pause" button and sometimes when watching in the dark I accidentally turn off the box.
              Thank you.
              Sorry for the late reply, but you would need to modify the framework. You can try to modify it to make it do this if you like. Buy honestly it's a lot of hassle just to add that one function. I don't want to make any promises buy maybe if I find some time later I might be able to to do this for you. You can PM me and I can see what I can do when I get a little more time. Been trying to find the time to get things done lately and still can't get caught up.
              Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

You can try to modify it to make it do this if you like. Buy honestly it's a lot of hassle just to add that one function.
                Alvatech
                Unfortunately I have no idea how to do it by myself and didn't know, that it is problematically to add.
                Please keep your good job going and if you have some "wish list" add it there - maybe once you'll have some time for it.

Thank you again.

Comment

Originally posted by MaximG View Post
                  Unfortunately I have no idea how to do it by myself and didn't know, that it is problematically to add.
                  Please keep your good job going and if you have some "wish list" add it there - maybe once you'll have some time for it.

Thank you again.
                  Thank you I appreciate it. I might make a Android 9 ATV version and if I do maybe I'll add it, if not make 2 different frameworks, we'll see. Some people don't like the confirmation so this is more personal preference to some.
                  Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

For sure I will wait for your Android 9 ATV version for B95X revision. Sasvlad's version is not bad but for my box it have issue with remote control I can't turn it on with remote. If 95X have couple of versions then B95X have not so much of them...

Comment

Thank you I appreciate it. I might make a Android 9 ATV version and if I do maybe I'll add it, if not make 2 different frameworks, we'll see. Some people don't like the confirmation so this is more personal preference to some.
                      Thank you,

Alvatech
                      For sure I will wait for your Android 9 ATV version for B95X revision. Sasvlad's version is not bad but for my box it have issue with remote control I can't turn it on with remote. If 95X have couple of versions then B95X have not so much of them...

Comment

Originally posted by hman89 View Post
                        There are two things I recommend obtaining when using custom firmware (which each shouldn't cost you more than aroudn 10 USD), which can help avoid headache:

1. A wifi smart power strip with app access. Use the app on your mobile (or google home app which most devices support) to turn on and off the pad. Shouldn't cost you more that 10 USD.

2. A generic usb 2,4ghz usb dongle remote control.. Check various forums (core elec, libre elec, kodi) to find one remote which is well supported/recommended.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Frodo View Post

2. A generic usb 2,4ghz usb dongle remote control.. Check various forums (core elec, libre elec, kodi) to find one remote which is well supported/recommended.

Thanks
                          I used default one and then G20S too with usb dongle. With both turn on not working. Now I use ATV 8.1 from Beelink stock firmware for GT Mini A series that comes in ATV from the box. This one works well with powering on or off. But not so good as Sasvlad's ATV 9 functionally....

Comment

Originally posted by hman89 View Post

I used default one and then G20S too with usb dongle. With both turn on not working. Now I use ATV 8.1 from Beelink stock firmware for GT Mini A series that comes in ATV from the box. This one works well with powering on or off. But not so good as Sasvlad's ATV 9 functionally....
                            Yes, that is my experience as well that usb dongle remote does not work to turn on/off.

To turn on/off I bough a cheap wifi smart power strip (from china - ali express for around 10 USD). Plugged DC cable of the box into the power strip. Used the accompanying power strip app to to turn on/off the box (or pair the app with google home if you prefer that). Works like a charm.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Frodo View Post

Yes, that is my experience as well that usb dongle remote does not work to turn on/off.

To turn on/off I bough a cheap wifi smart power strip (from china - ali express for around 10 USD). Plugged DC cable of the box into the power strip. Used the accompanying power strip app to to turn on/off the box (or pair the app with google home if you prefer that). Works like a charm.
                              These are all actually very good ideas.
                              Thanks for sharing,

Alvatech

Comment

These are all actually very good ideas.
                                Thanks for sharing,

Alvatech
                                Thanks for all the great firmwares you have produced for Beelink Gt1 mini!

HD audio passthrough is available for Coreelec for s905x2 now, believe it's based on Linux 4.9 kernel. Would you consider implementing HD-audio passthrough in your future firmwares (if it's possible?)

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X