[ROM] T95Q Android 9 (ported)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by raruba View Post

Have you tried the BeeLink GT Mini2 ver8 from SlimBox? From what i understand that should work also
    Yeah I tried one of the GT roms. Cant remember which one off the top of my head, but pretty sure it was the gt mini2 rom (as that should work like you said), and that also failed to flash. Its just strange. Id expect atleast some of these roms to atleast flash to the box.

Just bums me out that I seem to be the only person having problems/trying to get v8 on the t95q.

Comment

Originally posted by dudese View Post

Yeah I tried one of the GT roms. Cant remember which one off the top of my head, but pretty sure it was the gt mini2 rom (as that should work like you said), and that also failed to flash. Its just strange. Id expect atleast some of these roms to atleast flash to the box.

Just bums me out that I seem to be the only person having problems/trying to get v8 on the t95q.
      Yeah, don't make since

Comment

If I knew how to make a vendor patch with my drivers then id use the n5max rom, as thats still the only one that will flash (but pretty useless without wifi), but I dont

So im pretty much ready to give up at this stage, but might have one last try tonight. 6.1 is still a solid rom, but its always nice to have the latest.

Comment

Managed to find someone on r4pda who has made a modded slimbox9 rom for the t95q (certainly works for my new rev dont think it supports the first but am not sure)

Flashes the normal way in UBT. Has the same problem the earlier roms had (well for me anyway), whereby I have to change the language to english, and then uninstall the preinstalled launchers and install a new one from the play store, else the homescreen just freezes and essentially has no launcher. I thought this would have been fixed on the latest rom, unless its just me having this problem, but either way, heres the link to the rom if anyone wants it:

https: //drive.google.c...TM99F/view? Usp = sharing

Comment

Managed to find someone on r4pda who has made a modded slimbox9 rom for the t95q (certainly works for my new rev dont think it supports the first but am not sure)

Flashes the normal way in UBT. Has the same problem the earlier roms had (well for me anyway), whereby I have to change the language to english, and then uninstall the preinstalled launchers and install a new one from the play store, else the homescreen just freezes and essentially has no launcher. I thought this would have been fixed on the latest rom, unless its just me having this problem, but either way, heres the link to the rom if anyone wants it:

That link don't work...would love to try it though

Comment

That link doesn't work...would love to try it though

Comment

That link doesn't work. would love to try it though

Comment

Originally posted by raruba View Post

That link doesn't work. would love to try it though
                  Strange. Worked for me when I posted it. Someones now ported version 10 for the second rev t95q

I went for the x96 version, as that works better apparently, and so far since installing it earlier it has been the best slimbox rom for me yet.

Also works straight after flashing. No messing about changing the language to english or anything which is nice.

Comment

Strange. Worked for me when I posted it. Someones now ported version 10 for the second rev t95q

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...v9PAslhiSGrhbA

I went for the x96 version, as that works better apparently, and so far since installing it earlier it has been the best slimbox rom for me yet.

Also works straight after flashing. No messing about changing the language to english or anything which is nice.
                    Thank you so much, I'm gonna give it a try.....Thanks again.
                    Link worked great.

Comment

Hi.
                      Excuse my weak English, I use a translator.
                      I have a TV Box T95Q with android 8.1. Kodi often freezes when used. So I wanted to try another system. I tried almost all of them from the first post, but unfortunately the remote control didn't work for any of them. I also tried patches, but it didn't help. The worst thing is that after turning off the TV box with the remote control, I am no longer able to turn on the box again.
                      My TV box:

Can you advise me on how to proceed? well thank you

Comment

The original rom is not very good so I would advise getting a custom rom. There are lots of them that will work with the old 8.1 t95q. You just need to look for them. I would also advise buying a bluetooth airmouse. Much better than the original controller and no issues with the remote not working.

Here is one rom that is supposed to be good: https://yadi.sk/d/z62QfdPzDXGmRg

Should work on the old t95q with the remote working aswell.

If not then there are many threads on this forum with roms that will work.

Comment

Thanks, I give it a try. I was thinking about a ROM with android 9. I also tried some, but the RC didn't work properly.

Comment

So I tried this ROM and it works, but the remote control doesn't work completely correctly. But it's quite a usable ROM. I tried about 8 more ROMs, but my remote control didn't work properly on any of them. Even after applying patches.

Comment

Are you still using this box?

Comment

Originally posted by mclareniak View Post
                                So I tried this ROM and it works, but the remote control doesn't work completely correctly. But it's quite a usable ROM. I tried about 8 more ROMs, but my remote control didn't work properly on any of them. Even after applying patches.
                                To make the remote work, extract that patch.zip file. Copy the remote12 file and paste it in vendor/etc/ folder of box.
                                Restart box and done.

May be it will help someone else too.

Comment

Working...
                                X