Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] T95Q - Android 9 Firmware (Download Here)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i've download USB_ Burning_Tool_setup_v2.1.7.0.exe
    T95Q_X96max-Android_9-Remote_Sasvlad.zip

can you point me where/how step by step?
    link?
    appreciate your help.
    my t95q is v8

Originally posted by mojojojo67 View Post

just try this rom :
    https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...ad-android-9-0

tested on my T95Q... everything works fine...
    (use the 95x version)

Comment

i've download USB_ Burning_Tool & T95Q_X96max-Android_9-Remote_Sasvlad.zip

can you point me where/how step by step?
      link?
      appreciate your help.
      my t95q is v8

just try this rom :

(use the 95x version)

Comment

i've download usb burning tool 2.1.7 & your link zip file.

can you point me where/how step by step next?
        link?
        appreciate your help.
        my t95q is v8

just try this rom :

(use the 95x version)
        ?? 

Comment

mojojojo?  did you get everything working on yours? wifi/network/remote on this image GT1-Mini_VolksWare_v.2.0_by_Sasvlad_95X_Eng?? no need additional patch for key/wifi?

Originally posted by JBG View Post

The stock firmware T95Q-4GB-_S905X2_TQ_20190528 (T95Q-4GB-TQ_0001_2.img), based in Android 9, works very well with 4K videos. The main problem is that it doesn't work Ethernet and WIFI. Is it posible for someone with advanced knowledge in programming, to take the drivers fron the stock firmaware based in Android 8.1 and put it in the new stock firmware based in Android 9? Thanks. Best regards.
          What a nightmare this TV-Box is!
          Last edited by t95q-newbie; 11-07-2019, 02:02.

Comment

Hi, i purchased the T95Q 4GB/32GB Android 9 from Aliexpress, i was playing around with it and screwed it up, tried different roms posted on here but remote, wifi etc didn't work so i went searching for the original rom that came installed and found it here after a lot of searching: https://www.getdroidtips.com/stock-f...l-t95q-tv-box/

I can confirm the rom is same as what came installed on my box, everything works, wifi, ethernet, BT, remote etc....

Comment

Originally posted by ughammo View Post
              Hi, i purchased the T95Q 4GB/32GB Android 9 from Aliexpress, i was playing around with it and screwed it up, tried different roms posted on here but remote, wifi etc didn't work so i went searching for the original rom that came installed and found it here after a lot of searching: https://www.getdroidtips.com/stock-f...l-t95q-tv-box/

I can confirm the rom is same as what came installed on my box, everything works, wifi, ethernet, BT, remote etc....
              I confirm it too, sadly the stock android 9 is a very limited rom, no notification bar, no root switch (every app that require root can get it without a restriction), youtube have a lag between audio and video, the box heats too much, can't use key mapping (for example to use a game pad), etc ....

the solution for me is to use android 8.1, wifi is working (but not bluetooth or ethernet), some roms have the stock remote working too, I'm now with xtmod android 8.1 (there is the same rom with android TV but I prefere normal android).

Waiting for someone to make a good android 9 rom for our new T95Q (with RT8822b wifi chip).

Comment

I too can't wait for an Android 9 ROM for my box, hopefully it will have a better launcher as stock one is ugly as, i don't seem to have the audio sync YouTube problem on mine, i have noticed it does run pretty hot though, AIDA 64 app shows socket temp 70 degrees celsius at idle! I really hoped this box would be a good upgrade from my old Nexbox A5 but i find it's no faster and a bit buggy and really not an upgrade at all. Are there any ROMS that will work on my T95Q Android 9 version? I tried a few but wifi/ethernet didn't work. Is it worth putting the 8.1 ROM on my box as long as wifi works, i don't care about ethernet and bluetooth.

Comment

It's better to run a 8.1 rom for now, I'm on xtmod v2 and it's working very well, stock remote and wifi works, you have control over root, and it does not heat at all (idle 35 to 40, under load between 50 and 55).
                  I suggest you change from stock rom as soon as possible as a 70 degree on idle processor will not last long.

Comment

Thanks for suggesting the xtmod v2 rom, i have installed it and indeed it is much better than stock Android 9 the box came with, box is running cooler but not as cool as yours, sitting at 55 idle, much cooler than before though. The only issue i really have with this box now is it doesn't like a USB hub plugged in, i had a 4 port USB 3.0 hub plugged into my old box and with every port used by usb drives, web cam etc it had no issues, this box must not be putting out enough power through the USB ports or something...dunno!

Comment

Great news it's working for you. About temp it's still better than before, 55-65 is safe values for a cpu.
                      On mine I moded it a bit to achieve better cooling : I removed stock heat sink and thermal glue and replaced it with good computer thermal past, and added a big heat sink I removed from an old graphics card over the stock tiny heat sink, now max is 55 with all cores at 100% load.
                      The box lakes ventilation holes so you can drill somes on the top cover if you don't mind the look, will do it on mine soon.

Comment

I did the same mod as you which is a good tip, pulled a bigger heat sink off a PC card and put it in box with good thermal paste, running nice and cool now, i also used a round file to file the bottom of the perspex ring that holds led light strip so there's now 6 gaps to vent better and does't ruin the look of the box.
                        I was wondering if Bluetooth works on your box with this rom, not working on mine but not a big deal.

Comment

Great thing you moded it too, I was thinking about making holes in the led rig too, will see the next time I open the box.
                          No Bluetooth for me ether, the service crashs on boot so I disabled the Bluetooth service (app quarantine on playstore, very useful to disable unnecessary stuff, even system apps).
                          ​​​​​

Comment

I installed the quarantine app but not sure how to use it, under the quarantine tab i see Bluetooth Remote has been automatically quarantined but the Bluetooth stopped message still appears on start up! and i can't see any other Bluetooth services in under the app tab that can be quarantined!

Comment

just try this rom :

(use the 95x version)
                              Hi, is your box a v1 with 8.1 factory install or v2 Pie ?

Comment

Originally posted by somenutter View Post

Hi, is your box a v1 with 8.1 factory install or v2 Pie ?
                                v1

Comment

Working...
                                X