Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Ugoos X2 CUBE, PLAY and PRO ATV_by_Sasvlad ( AndroidTV 9.0 )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

You use Amlogic Burning Tool to flash this firmware, can't be flashed with etcher.
    I think it can only work on Windows.
    Unfortunatelly Amlogic Burning Tool (USB_Burning_Tool) doesnt see my SD card. Windows 10 formated it and sees SD card.

Do You know any other Windows working img flashing program?

Comment

Originally posted by Junoxe View Post

Unfortunatelly Amlogic Burning Tool (USB_Burning_Tool) doesnt see my SD card. Windows 10 formated it and sees SD card.

Do You know any other Windows working img flashing program?
      You flash the device itself with a male USB to USB cable, not an SD Card.

You can also try Burn Card Maker.
      Представляем руководство по обновлению или восстановлению ТВ-боксов, работающих на базе процессоров Amlogic S802, S805, S812, S905, S905, S905, S905, S905X, S905X, S905X2, S905X2, S905Y2 и S922X. Всего существует три метода, которые используют в зависимости от типов инсталляционных файлов. Наиболее распространённым является метод с использованием утилиты AMLogic USB Burning Tool. ПРИМЕЧАНИЕ HD-mediaplayers.ru не несет ответственности

Comment

You flash the device itself with a male USB to USB cable, not an SD Card.
        But in first post of this thread balbes150 says:
        "The Firmware is made in two versions:
        1. img, for flashing via cable or using a specially prepared MicroSD (archive X2_ATV_by_Sasvlad_v....7z, inside the firmware image and file with MD5 checksum)."
        So or cable or SD card. Or i missed something?

Comment

But in first post of this thread balbes150 says:
          "The Firmware is made in two versions:
          1. img, for flashing via cable or using a specially prepared MicroSD (archive X2_ATV_by_Sasvlad_v....7z, inside the firmware image and file with MD5 checksum)."
          So or cable or SD card. Or i missed something?
          You flash the image with a male USB A to USB A cable with Amlogic Burning Tools.
          This software only works with USB cables and actual devices and not micro-sd cards.
          Or other method with a micro-sd card and card reader with Amlogic Burn Card Maker, but this method might not work correctly sometimes.

Comment

You flash the image with a male USB A to USB A cable with...
            Thank You for tip. It worked with USB Burning Tool.

Sasvlad
            Thank You for this ROM. Its amazing i luve it.
            But i have two requests.
            1. I tried to use HBO GO. I can log in and its amazing using remote not airmouse. But it not plays any content. I press play and circle is rounding longer time until it says like: Cant play material. Try later (5.2). Almost same issue i had on rooted iPad. I checked Your version (0.2.8) and this Android was rooted by default. Turning root off didnt change anything. Can You fix it?

Additional info: I used HBO GO on stock Android. Of course its working only with wifi. There is no simulate wifi option. May be its good to make it in Your build?

2. How to change initial boot screen? This green one. Is it possible.?

For me its favorite and best version of Android TV.

Thank You!!

Comment

Thank You for tip. It worked with USB Burning Tool.

Sasvlad
              Thank You for this ROM. Its amazing i luve it.
              But i have two requests.
              1. I tried to use HBO GO. I can log in and its amazing using remote not airmouse. But it not plays any content. I press play and circle is rounding longer time until it says like: Cant play material. Try later (5.2). Almost same issue i had on rooted iPad. I checked Your version (0.2.8) and this Android was rooted by default. Turning root off didnt change anything. Can You fix it?

Additional info: I used HBO GO on stock Android. Of course its working only with wifi. There is no simulate wifi option. May be its good to make it in Your build?

2. How to change initial boot screen? This green one. Is it possible.?

For me its favorite and best version of Android TV.

Thank You!!

You can try the HBO GO addon for Kodi if you are in Europe and see if it works.
              Today we want to explain in a simple way how to see HBO using the app Kodi 18 Leia media player. With this method we can use HBO in our KODI environment

You can try to root with Magisk I posted earlier, then delete the /system/xbin/su file that is responsible for stock root by default.
              Enable Magisk Hide then for the HBO GO app so it doesn't detect Magisk root.
              You can also then use an app like Syslog to get a logcat after running HBO GO if it still doesn't work, maybe there will be useful info in there for Ugoos to see why the app is not working.

Perhaps the AndroidTV HBO GO app only works on certified devices and only the phone app can work on non certified devices, that's why it works on stock firmware?
              I hope it's not the case, otherwise the AndroidTV app won't work on AndroidTV firmware.
              And Amlogic devices also don't have the menu patches like Rockchip to spoof apps to use phone versions on AndroidTV firmware instead of AndroidTV versions of apps.

I will send a patch to Ugoos so ethernet can be spoofed as wifi, hope it will help us all.

Comment

You can try the HBO GO addon for Kodi if you are in Europe and see if it works.
                Today we want to explain in a simple way how to see HBO using the app Kodi 18 Leia media player. With this method we can use HBO in our KODI environment
                I know this Kodi plugin. But usage of it is creepy. Thats why i moved to Sasvlad built to have all remote interface advantages. I like her/his UI. For me is da best.

You can try to root with Magisk I posted earlier, then delete the /system/xbin/su file that is responsible for stock root by default.
                The stock (stock=Ugoos) build is unrooted by default. Just Sasvlad is rooted. So HBO GO works (on wifi) on stock firmware. So i suppose its the reason.

I will send a patch to Ugoos so ethernet can be spoofed as wifi, hope it will help us all.
                Thats nice and thank You.

Comment

Yet another request/question about this ROM.

I had in Wetek Core dual boot performed with one button (Power) in remote during booting screen. Is it possible at all to have this function in this build (for Ugoos X2 boxes)? Or its not a matter of Sasvlad ROM but on the side of TV box builders?

Comment

Hi Sasvlad , is it possible to add the SambaServer option to other ROM for the S905X2 devices?

Comment

• mo123
                      mo123 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I don't think it's possible as it's part of the firmware source code and not just a simple app you can install on other devices.

Sasvlad
                    In this build there is no WiFi 5 GHz. Can You enable?

Thx in advance.

Comment

Updated: [ROM] Ugoos X2 Android TV by Sasvlad 0.3.1

Comment

Thx!
                        I have Android TV (ATV) 0.2.8+ and CE version. Can i update just ATV with 0.3.1 build, still having CE? Or i need to wait for 0.3.1 dual?

Comment

Thx!
                          I have Android TV (ATV) 0.2.8+ and CE version. Can i update just ATV with 0.3.1 build, still having CE? Or i need to wait for 0.3.1 dual?
                          No. Wait, please...

Comment

thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Sasvlad View Post

No. Wait, please...
                              Thank You for information. And for Your work.

Comment

Working...
                              X