[ROM] Beelink GT1-Mini (and some others) VolksWare by Sasvlad Android 9.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the rom Sasvlad.

Just installed it on a T95Q that came with Android 8.1 and works great!

Just a few suggestions for a new version.

1. AdAway already installed to block ads
    2. Cloudflare DNS (1.1.1.1) as default for a faster and unrestricted Internet

That's what I always do on my Android boxes, it really improves performance.

Comment

Hello I have a question , before flashing this android 9 custom rom do i need before the flashing to log out/delete my google account on my old 8.1 rom , device is T95Q ? Please someone , can i do a dirty flash or do i first must remove my google account ? Anybody please ??
      Last edited by Tru3Avalon; 08-28-2019, 19:29.

Comment

Originally posted by LITUATUI View Post
        Thanks for the rom Sasvlad.

Just installed it on a T95Q that came with Android 8.1 and works great!

Just a few suggestions for a new version.

1. AdAway already installed to block ads
        2. Cloudflare DNS (1.1.1.1) as default for a faster and unrestricted Internet

That's what I always do on my Android boxes, it really improves performance.
        Can you confirm the following two questions?

1. Does multichannel audio work when using spdif?
        2. Does Kodi have write access to the external (usb) hard disk?

Comment

Originally posted by JandeHekkerman View Post
          Can you confirm the following two questions?

1. Does multichannel audio work when using spdif?
          2. Does Kodi have write access to the external (usb) hard disk?
          1. Yes.
          2. No.

Comment

Sasvlad will you release a new version with bugs fixed?

1. The LED is always on, if need to choose I rather have it always off (important)
            2. No standby, the remote turns off the box completely (very important)
            3. Apps close for the first time they ask for permissions

With the first two bugs fixed I would recommend this rom even on T95Q that already came with stock Android 9.0. Thanks for your work.

Comment

Originally posted by Sasvlad View Post

1. Yes.
              2. No.
              Hi Sasvlad, thanks for your answers.

Why is Kodi on so many roms unable to write to the external hard disk? I know that it is an Android restriction since Marshmellow. However, the Alvatech roms don't have this issue, so it should be possible to achieve this. Unfortunately the Alvatech Beelink GT1 Mini rom I'm currently using, does not support multichannel audio (DD 5.1, DTS) via spdif.

I'm still looking for a rom for my T95Q that supports multichannel audio via spdif and enables Kodi to write to my external hard drive. Anyone?

Comment

[QUOTE=LITUATUI;n781869]Sasvlad will you release a new version with bugs fixed?

1. The LED is always on, if need to choose I rather have it always off (important)
                2. No standby, the remote turns off the box completely (very important)
                3. Apps close for the first time they ask for permissions

With the first two bugs fixed I would recommend this rom even on T95Q that already came with stock Android 9.0. Thanks for your work.
                Apparently you didn't read the OP. [ROM] Beelink GT1-Mini Volksware v.2.0_by_Sasvlad (Android 9.0)"

Comment

I did read and know that this firmware is meant for Beelink.

Nonetheless with the "Patch for T95Q" installed the remote works but the power button shuts down the box instead of standby. I know that a new kernel is needed to fix this and the LED problem. Am I missing another thing?

Anyway, the rom is great and I can install the Simple TV Launcher which is my favorite, this isn't possible with with stock Android 9.0.

Having tested so many Android tvboxs for years since Amlogic S805, I'm really impressed with WiFi speed and range of this box, it's a shame that the stock firmware sucks.

Comment

LITUATUI the point was that your statement "will you release a new version with bugs fixed? is rather unfair suggesting that your issues are "bugs" while you're using firmware not intended for you hardware.

Comment

You're right. I have just sent an e-mail to Sunvell to complain about the fact that we can't change the launcher permanently (it's removed after boot).

Other members feel free to do the same.

The hardware is really good, it deserves a better stock firmware.

Comment

Originally posted by LITUATUI View Post
                        You're right. I have just sent an e-mail to Sunvell to complain about the fact that we can't change the launcher permanently (it's removed after boot).

Other members feel free to do the same.

The hardware is really good, it deserves a better stock firmware.
                        Try freezing the stock launcher app with another app like link2sd. It works for me, although I haven't tried on android 9.
                        I hope it helps.
                        Cheers

Enviado do meu POCOPHONE F1 atrav?s do Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TheBlackening View Post
                          Try freezing the stock launcher app with another app like link2sd. It works for me, although I haven't tried on android 9.
                          I hope it helps.
                          Cheers

Enviado do meu POCOPHONE F1 atrav?s do Tapatalk

Thanks a lot, your suggestion it worked. I tried before uninstalling the stock launcher with Amaze File Manager but it failed.

Comment

Owner of a brand new T95Q and already tested some custome ROMs ... it' working OK

my SN is 074xxx (read it from the carton box_ no Box itself) so will I fu*k up my brand new box and if not what image should I flash ?!?
                            Sasvlad 95X or B95 English

Eager to try some VolksWare by Sasvlad but afraid or not sure what image to choose !?

Comment

Originally posted by Vanto View Post
                              Owner of a brand new T95Q and already tested some custome ROMs ... it' working OK

my SN is 074xxx (read it from the carton box_ no Box itself) so will I fu*k up my brand new box and if not what image should I flash ?!?
                              Sasvlad 95X or B95 English

Eager to try some VolksWare by Sasvlad but afraid or not sure what image to choose !?
                              Tested with T95Q box.
                              Download sasvlad95x version !

working: WIFI, BT...all apps...

not working: Notification
                              IR remote -> Patch for working Remote (TWRP)
                              LED always on

Comment

Originally posted by mojojojo67 View Post

Tested with T95Q box.
                                Download sasvlad95x version !

working: WIFI, BT...all apps...

not working: Notification
                                IR remote -> Patch for working Remote (TWRP)
                                LED always on

Do, did, DONE it :-)
                                This is an absolute piece of software ... Thank you so very much @Sasvlad (Rom Developer) and mojojojo67 (Senior Member) for building the rom and helping us

... 1 issue so far, though ... Got me an working Netflix (HD video is OK) but no sound at all .. any help appreciated

Comment

Working...
                                X