Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X96MAX 4gb ram Official Android 9 dated 20190722

use at your own responsibility
    i have tested it on the ddr4 old revision x96max and everything works perfectly
    if you have tried it share your experience

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-0i...te3nta0R0/view

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-7u...xb1N0W8cf/view
    Last edited by mite_jan; 09-09-2019, 15:40.

Do notifications work? Most Android Pie roms have removed notification access, which means you cannot see your notifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Porkie View Post
      Do notifications work? Most Android Pie roms have removed notification access, which means you cannot see your notifications.
      i didnt try it
      as i am aware even on android 8 notifications were missing ?

Comment

Originally posted by mite_jan View Post

i didnt try it
        as i am aware even on android 8 notifications were missing ?
        Never had a problem with notifications on Android 8. There was problems with the entire status bar and navigation bar missing, but that has been a problem since Android 5. The notification access problem started with Android 9 firmware. If you go to settings/apps & notifications/advanced/special app access There should be a setting there to turn on notification access, which is missing in most Android 9 roms for Android boxes. It has something to do with the firmware developers only being allowed by Google to use notification access for debugging, and not being allowed to include notification access in publicly released firmware. I am pretty sure that Google is only allowing developers that make Android TV firmware to include notification access, cause every Android 9 box I have seen with notification access working, are Android TV boxes and not stock Android firmware. I think I figured that out by accident, cause there is a couple Android 9 boxes that have notification access working, but they are all running Android TV firmware, but the boxes stock regular Android 9 firmware have deleted the entire setting for notification access. That is why I asked if this rom has notification access, cause I have not found an Android 9 rom yet that is running stock Android that has notification access.

Comment

Did anyone try to update to android 9? Please post feedback

Comment

Originally posted by krappa View Post
            i just got the box today i will install it

Comment

Originally posted by krappa View Post
              just installed it and it work perfectly fine , wifi and bluetooth working properly for the old revision device

Comment

Has anyone tried mouse support, 8.1 mouse working but "click" something real problem.

Comment

Thanks for the link! Installed with no problem. device feels more responsive than oreo. 3rd party remote have issue with back button but can use button remapper to fix.
                  Most button mapper apps can work but mostly is using accessibility which cause sound volume popup will display very long before it fade.
                  I use thisĀ https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...xqd.clickclick it working great without volume popup delay issue.

Comment

My X96Max 4/64 boots to logo screen and hangs. When I go to recovery mode I getĀ  failed to mount /cache (i/o error) when trying to clear cache or do factory reset. I have tried flashing firmware but install always crashes almost immediately. Any advise on what's causing this and how to remedy?

Comment

Mite_Jan...the 2nd link is Broken.
                      Could you repost.
                      Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X