This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM] PROBOX2 Airbox ALVATECH Standard Android (9.0 Pie) S905X2

Please read the entire first post before asking questions. Thank you.
    This is a nice clean ROM with some tweaks, GUI cleanup, Mods and some changes made from the original PROBOX2 Airbox ROM.
    This ROM was customized from original factory ROM. If you're looking for a Android TV 9.0 ROM for this box look here.

Changes/Mods & Tweaks Alvatech ROM:
    • This ROM is based off of PROBOX2 Firmware.
    • Removed unneeded apps that PROBOX2 had installed.
    • Removed and cleaned up files and scripts that are no longer needed.
    • Nicer mouse cursor for easy viewing.
    • Top status bar is working.
    • Double click home button brings up Recent Apps in Grid View.
    • Long Press on home button brings up Google Assistant.
    • Press on microphone button once on factory remote and then start talking into mic for Google Assistant.
    • Two Launchers: Square Home 3 , Android One Launcher.
    • Added TV Settings in app drawer.
    • Added Extra options in TV Settings.
    • Additional Apps: X-Plore File Manager, Smart YouTube TV, Netflix, Kodi, & Power Menu
    • Added additional *kl files to support more devices.
    • Added 4K support for different YouTube versions.
    • Updated Generic.kl to use the "Enter" Key.
    • Fixed a permission grant issue.
    • Added Google Clock (can be used as a screen saver too).
    • Added Backdrop from Android TV for screen saver. You can change when to initiate it in TV Settings.
    • Removed Chromecast banner from backdrop screensaver.
    • Updated Google Apps (GApps)
    • Fixed an issue with voice typing throughout Android OS
    • Fixed voice support for other remotes too. Example G30S remote.
    • TWRP Recovery 3.3.1-0
    • Added Multi Webview options under Developer options / WebView Implementation.
    • Setup Wizard so users can choose language and other options during first time initialization.
    • Added Android TV remote control.
    • Fixed some framework issues.
    • HDMI CEC Language turned off by default.
    • Alvatech Boot Logo and Boot Animation
    • New Wallpaper
    • Other system tweaks and changes, I'll update more info as I remember.
    Donation:
    A token of appreciation is always welcomed. Thank you!
    Donation Link Here

Notes:
    Please read the "Extra Tips Section" on the 2nd post for additional help.
    When box boots for the first time only, installation is still going on in the background please be patient for it to load completely.
    When you connect the box to the internet for the first time google dependencies will need to be updated, please allow for these updates to finish.

Download ROM:
    PROBOX2_AIRBOX_AT_V1.0

Installation Instructions:
    Recommend Using Latest Amlogic's USB Burning Tool 2.1.7.0 or later. SD Card Method can be used.

When flashing with Amlogic's USB Burning Tool, do not use the power cord. Also to flash you must use the USB 2.0 Port on the back of the box, the one next to the HDMI port.
    Click needed link down below to download tool needed. There is also instructions / video how to use tool per links.

USB Burning Tool Method: Amlogic's USB Burning Tool
    SD Card Method: Amlogic's Burn Card Maker

1ST BOOT TAKES ABOUT 5-6 MINUTES, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT.
    THIS DELETES ALL YOUR DATA SO DO A BACKUP IF NEEDED! USE THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!

This is to share my work with everyone and to try to make these TV boxes more enjoyable.
    I will try my best to answer or help with any questions and or concerns as soon as I can.
    If something doesn't function properly please let me know with as much detail as possible and I will try to fix it.
    When posting for help please stay on subject, If it doesn't pertain to this ROM please search other threads for help or start a new thread.
    I HOPE YOU ENJOY IT AS MUCH AS I DO!!

Thank you, to company PROBOX2 for the sample hardware.

Last edited by ALVATECH; 01-31-2020, 19:48.

Extra Tips Section...
    Please read all the information down below and maybe even re-read it one more time before asking questions. I'm not responsible for any issues you may have with your device. Do this it's at your own risk.

Important Update: At any point in time, I may remove and/or modify any of this information. I may take down some of this info if I can no longer maintain this post, if I get overwhelming requests, or if I get a lot of users who are not able to follow instructions and understand how some of these things work. I may also move this information to a whole new separate thread if needed for other users to help as needed.

Remember this!!
    I do this for fun. I try to help when I can. I do this on my own time. I don't have a team helping me. I will respond when I can. I have a life too.

Tip (1.)
    MAGISK INSTALL & HOW TO PASS SAFETYNET.

This is to hide ROOT on your box & pass Safetynet and still keep it rooted. You can also install other modules.This Magisk Patch will remove some files and also install Terminal Emulator to help in case you need to reboot with Magisk enabled or to reboot into TWRP from an SD-Card.
    DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Before proceeding please understand and be aware that you would always need to have this box reboot recovery in order for Magisk to work properly. If you boot up box and didn't boot with recovery you can use the Terminal Emulator app to reboot recovery to have Magisk enabled. When you reboot into recovery, your box will not go into any program or recovery console, it will simply just go straight into the Android OS but with Magisk enabled / working. Extra notes available down below starting in section Section (B.), about different commands and how to make shortcuts for easy access for different types of reboots.

Section (A.)
    • 1st Download the latest version of Magisk Manager and install it first before proceeding with further instructions.
    • Next download the Magisk Recovery Patch for your specific box, and put this somewhere you know, like an SD Card.
    • Reboot into Recovery (TWRP) by using the Power Menu App or holding in the reset button on your box while powering it up.
    • Now install Magisk Patch zip file you downloaded through TWRP, If you receive an error such as: mount: failed to mount then just go back and re-run the patch one more time without restarting your box (stay in TWRP and retry) it will work successfully the 2nd time but do not reboot yet.
    • In TWRP now go back to main menu and click on Reboot then choose Recovery. This will make your box reboot with Magisk active.
    • Now in OS go into Magisk Manager, there might be some updates that are needed. Allow those updates to install and reboot if it's required.
    • Now open Magisk Manager again and then go to the downloads section from the top left menu, then in the top right corner in the search bar type SafetyPatch then download and install the module. It will require a reboot after you install it, please reboot.
    • After you reboot go back to Magisk Manager one more time and now it should pass the SafetyNet check.
    Notes:
    I have tried this on my ROM only, not any other ROM's so please only ask for help if you installed this on this ROM only.
    Other users or myself can maybe try to assist on any problems you may have. If you need additional help please visit Magisk help here.
    I do not make nor do I support Magisk, so please ask on the XDA forum where Magisk is located if you have issues with the program.

If you can't update certain apps from the play store after you installed Magisk, you may need to clear cache from the google play store app in order to make it work again. To clear cache you need to go to Settings / Apps / Google Play Store / Storage then press CLEAR CACHE button. Now your apps should update.

Section (B.)
    MAGISK - TERMINAL EMULATOR COMMANDS & EASY ACCESS SHORTCUTS.

If you want to start your box with Magisk enabled you must restart your box with recovery. The command is listed down below. This will just enable Magisk but will not go into any program or recovery console. This will restart your box enabling Magisk and will go straight into the Android OS. Once you're in the Android OS with Magisk active you can now use the Power Menu app instead to restart your box into recovery mode every time. But every time you start your box for the first time you must restart with recovery active using Terminal Emulator for Magisk to work. If you put your box to sleep instead of shutting off, you should be able to wake up your box without restarting recovery every time. Not all ROM's / boxes have the sleep option easily available so this can vary.
    • Open Terminal Emulator app and type: reboot recovery
      (This will reboot your box with Magisk enabled.)

EASY ACCESS SHORTCUT TO HOME (Magisk Reboot):
    Depending on which launcher you're using, will determine how to make a shortcut / button. It's actually using Terminal Emulator's widget shortcut.
    Remember In Android TV launcher you can't add shortcuts / widgets. You'll just need to go and open the Terminal Emulator and run commands instead.

Square Home Launcher:
    • Open menu then click on shortcut then go down and look for Term shortcut.
    • Now go to the Arguments section and type: reboot recovery
    • Next go to Shortcut label section and type: Magisk Reboot
    • Now you should have a shortcut (button) on home screen labeled "Magisk Reboot" with Terminal Emulator's Icon.
    • If you want to pretty up the shortcut you can long press the shortcut and then press the cog wheel that shows up in the bottom left corner.
    • Then click Icon / Icon pack then Square Home on left side menu. Click back button to see full screen and choose Icon to your liking.
      I like to use the green circle with a checkbox icon.
    Android One Launcher:
    • Long press on home screen in a blank area then choose WIDGETS scroll down until you see Terminal Emulator (Term shortcut)
    • Then click and hold shortcut and drag to home screen where you would like it placed.
    • Shortcut opens up and now go to the Arguments section and type: reboot recovery
    • Now you should have a shortcut (button) on home screen labeled "Magisk Reboot" with Terminal Emulator's Icon.
    Section (C.)
    If you want to use TWRP you'll need to boot into an SD-Card that's formatted with FAT32 and copy the recovery.img file for your box and put it on the root of an SD-Card. Since TWRP doesn't get used very often, I feel it's best to boot into TWRP from an SD-Card as needed only. The following steps are listed down below.
    • Download image for your specific box here, make sure you keep the name recovery.img for that file (do not rename it). Next put it on the root of the SD-Card and save it for when you need to use TWRP. When needed put it into the SD-card slot of your box and then follow the next step.
    • Command to run in the Terminal Emulator app to reboot into TWRP is: reboot update
      (This will reboot your box into TWRP from the SD-Card. Make sure you have the SD-Card in your box first when you type in this command.)

EASY ACCESS SHORTCUT TO HOME (TWRP):

Square Home Launcher:
    • You open menu then click on shortcut then go down and look for Term shortcut.
    • Now go to Arguments section and type: reboot update
    • Next go to Shortcut label section and type: TWRP
    • Now you should have a shortcut (button) on home screen labeled "TWRP" with Terminal Emulator's Icon.
    • If you want to pretty up the shortcut (button) you can long press shortcut and then press the cog wheel that shows up in the bottom left corner.
    • Then click Icon / Icon pack then Square Home on left side menu. Click back button to see full screen and choose Icon to your liking.
      I like to use the blue circle with arrow pointing left to right icon.
    Android One Launcher:
    • Long press on home screen in a blank area then choose WIDGETS scroll down until you see Terminal Emulator (Term shortcut)
    • Then click and hold shortcut and drag to home screen where you would like it placed.
    • Shortcut opens up and now go to the Arguments section and type: reboot recovery
    Tip (2.)
    INSTALL SUPERSU / ROOT MANAGER
    DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!
    • Download the patch here.Then put this patch somewhere you know, like an SD Card.
    • Reboot into Recovery (TWRP) by using the Power Menu App or holding in the reset button on the box while powering it up.
    • Next install the patch. If you receive an error such as: mount: failed to mount then just go back and re-run the patch one more time without restarting your box it will work successfully the 2nd time.
    • Once you've installed the patch, reboot your box and enjoy!
    Remember I do not make nor do I support this app.

Tip (3.)
    AFRd - AUTO FRAME RATE DAEMON.
    AFRd, changes the video frame rate automatically for you on your Android device. This only works with the Amlogic devices (Amlogic S9xx). Your box must be rooted for this app to work. I have added some links down below for those who would like to add this to their Android boxes.
    I do not make nor do I support AFRd, so please, either create a new thread or look for an existing thread and ask for help there if needed.
    • Link 1 located here on Freaktab
    • Link 2 located at original source.
    • Link 3 located at Github.
    Last edited by ALVATECH; 02-07-2020, 20:23.

Comment

#Saved

Comment

Hello everyone,
        I have now added some additional information to the 2nd post of this thread. Please read all the following information from the top of the "Extra Tips Section" to make sure you understand everything correctly. All information is taken as is. I will not be custom making or providing info for any other devices except for the custom work that is currently made now. So please do not ask.
        Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

Just checked on H96MAX X2 4/64 S905X2.
          Looks perfect, but there is no Wi-fi and Lan.
          Alvatech any chance you add drivers for my box to this wonderfull rom?

Comment

Originally posted by mielcar View Post
            Just checked on H96MAX X2 4/64 S905X2.
            Looks perfect, but there is no Wi-fi and Lan.
            Alvatech any chance you add drivers for my box to this wonderfull rom?
            Hello,
            I'm sorry but I do not have that box, which would make it difficult for me to help you.
            I don't like to work on boxes that I don't physically own.
            Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

can install this rom on t95q

Comment

<wiped out>
                Last edited by Arthur; 09-17-2020, 15:20.

Comment

how to disable screen saver?

Comment

html5 video player problem??

Beelink GT1 Mini

Comment

Thank you for your work.
                      I just installed this, WIFI works, but LAN not I tried using a usb LAN adapter but still does not work,
                      My device is a Probox2 AirBox 4K Android 9.0 TV BOX, I could not confirm the amlogic hardware, maybe you guys can, this is the product link
                      KSP - ?????? Probox2 AirBox 4K Android 9.0 TV ???: 7644

P.S.
                      does anyone know where to get the stock firmware img?
                      Thank you

Edit:
                      running
                      Code:
                      cat /proc/device-tree/amlogic-dt-id
                      Outputs
                      sm1_ac213_2g
                      Last edited by mordi; 03-28-2021, 15:02.

Comment

Originally posted by mordi View Post
                        Outputs
                        sm1_ac213_2g
                        You must have a newer box, "sm1_ac213_2g" is for S905x3 cpu. You might have better luck with trying a ROM for the Beelink GT1mini2 or the X96maxPlus.

Comment

Working...
                        X