Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T95q Android 9 Latest Firmware Stock Image (tq_005)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T95q Android 9 Latest Firmware Stock Image (tq_005)

Hi all, I have the latest android 9 firmware for the t95q with realtek 8822.

I've sold well over 500 of these and I finally found the time to extract rom seeing as no one has it available.
    This is the latest version that is currently shipped with these boxes (tq_005)
    I've pulled it from the box itself, removed forked kodi with addons and added base kodi 18.5 , mxplayer with codec, vlc and quicksupport with addon.
    All stock rom.

P.s. Do not send me msgs or complaints that you bricked your box, there are a few variants of these (older version). If your box was stock with android 8.1 this will not work. You will not have any network connectivity.
    if you brick it, personally in my opinion, you shouldn't be doing this.
    Enjoy

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

I have installed this rom and seems to work as well as the previous one (which is ok but isnt perfect).
    sometimes my box will not turn on from standby. Will just freeze on a random colour on the led ring and nothing on the screen, then you have to unplug it and restart it. Does anyone have this problem? Doesnt happen all the time and seems to pick and choose. I also notice when its on standby sometimes the led ring will randomly light up for a few seconds then go off. The lack of navigation and a few other bits mean its just a very average fw imo. It works (for the most part), but its just not that great, but is to be expected.

I just wish I knew how to extract the new network drivers so I could try a custom firmware/make one, but sadly I dont have much of a clue in that department. Still doesnt seem like theres anything in the pipeline for a custom fw for the new t95q's either, so I guess I am just stuck with this thing as it is haha ?

Comment

Originally posted by dudese View Post
      I have installed this rom and seems to work as well as the previous one (which is ok but isnt perfect).
      sometimes my box will not turn on from standby. Will just freeze on a random colour on the led ring and nothing on the screen, then you have to unplug it and restart it. Does anyone have this problem? Doesnt happen all the time and seems to pick and choose. I also notice when its on standby sometimes the led ring will randomly light up for a few seconds then go off. The lack of navigation and a few other bits mean its just a very average fw imo. It works (for the most part), but its just not that great, but is to be expected.

I just wish I knew how to extract the new network drivers so I could try a custom firmware/make one, but sadly I dont have much of a clue in that department. Still doesnt seem like theres anything in the pipeline for a custom fw for the new t95q's either, so I guess I am just stuck with this thing as it is haha ?
      Sounds like you have an issue with corrupted boot files (bootloader) or possibly shity hardware
      these boxes are prertty picky when it comes to flashing them,
      I suggest a reflash with erase all option and possibly power supply hooked in as well. .. I've had several boxes require 5 or 6 flashes to get it to stick. (not just t95q's)

As for extraction, Kitchen is easiest
      gt1 has a decent rom to work with.. then again with proper tweaks this one isn't bad either.

Comment

Appreciate the reply!

Ive had this problem out of the box though, which is why I originally assumed it was just a crappy rom that would never get updated. Have reflashed a few of the stock roms onto it with this one on it now, and they all seem to do it, so maybe its a hw issue then, or they just havent really put any effort into any of the rom updates. I only use kodi on it, and its exactly the same setup (apart from a newer kodi) as my previous box which didnt have this problem, so surely thats not causing it either.

Ill have a look at kitchen, but apart from flashing roms I have no clue about the modding side of things so not sure how well ill get on.

Comment

Appreciate the reply!

Ive had this problem out of the box though, which is why I originally assumed it was just a crappy rom that would never get updated. Have reflashed a few of the stock roms onto it with this one on it now, and they all seem to do it, so maybe its a hw issue then, or they just havent really put any effort into any of the rom updates. I only use kodi on it, and its exactly the same setup (apart from a newer kodi) as my previous box which didnt have this problem, so surely thats not causing it either.

Ill have a look at kitchen, but apart from flashing roms I have no clue about the modding side of things so not sure how well ill get on.
          i'm assumin you have a hw issue then..
          unless cec is turned on and its not communication properly with tv/reciever
          under droid settings turn all that shit off...

failing that then ya... you most likely have a bummed box.
          they are fairly inexpensive.... buy another one and use this one as your flash the shit out of it tester lol.

fair warning, kitchen is a great utility, I take no responsibility if you get hooked on mods :-)
          good luck man!

Comment

CEC is off already as I dont have much need for it. Have basically turned off everything I can on the box lol

If its not a common sw issue then I guess its hw then
            ... unless it could be my bt remote? Was fine on my old box and seems to work fine on this one generally... but maybe the box being on standby for hours then using the power key on the bt remote causes it to crash somehow maybe...? Cuz it seems to happen more if its been on standby overnight for example.

I looked into kitchen, and downloaded glass kitchen or whatever the newer program is called, and it wont accept any t95 image I throw at it, so i cant even begin to play around. Just throws up an error.

Comment

CEC is off already as I dont have much need for it. Have basically turned off everything I can on the box lol

If its not a common sw issue then I guess its hw then
              ... unless it could be my bt remote? Was fine on my old box and seems to work fine on this one generally... but maybe the box being on standby for hours then using the power key on the bt remote causes it to crash somehow maybe...? Cuz it seems to happen more if its been on standby overnight for example.

I looked into kitchen, and downloaded glass kitchen or whatever the newer program is called, and it wont accept any t95 image I throw at it, so i cant even begin to play around. Just throws up an error.
              I never turn my boxes off... this avoids any issues haha... the wife! lol. seriously tho, I'm not too sure, you could always remove the pair of that bt remote and see if problem goes away.
              I've heard of issues with boxes not waking up properly. you could always configure the power button option in settings to turn box off instead of standby... but then I don't think bt is active for wake. you would need i.r. remote to power up.

as for kitchen.. you can't extract an image as is, you need some sort of a plugin to unpack amlogic firmware, then after that pluggin has run you can use the extract option (usually system.img and vendor.img) be sure to use the sparse option as well when packing img back up. You can direct it to the img file for size as well.

Comment

Gbox23 thanks for the update file, my TQ95 v2 online updater was certain that the 002 was the latest one.
                I have some issues with google apps, STADIA crashes (i think when invoking google play libraries), do you have a way to make it work ?
                Also i would like to know if there is an effective way to update the google play store app (tried with overwriting phonesky but no luck)

Thank you

Comment

I've found a few glitches with this box. Switching off and.not.coming back on, locking up, BBC iPlayer certainly locks it up. Can't add 4oD or CCleaner either. Think because it's rooted?

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by klamath View Post
                    Gbox23 thanks for the update file, my TQ95 v2 online updater was certain that the 002 was the latest one.
                    I have some issues with google apps, STADIA crashes (i think when invoking google play libraries), do you have a way to make it work ?
                    Also i would like to know if there is an effective way to update the google play store app (tried with overwriting phonesky but no luck)

Thank you
                    Not sure about stadia... I'm assuming you need to contact them as they would need the bug report.

As for google play,
                    have you tried side loading update?

https://www.apkmirror.com/?post_type...k&s=play+store

Comment

Originally posted by gbox23 View Post

Not sure about stadia... I'm assuming you need to contact them as they would need the bug report.

As for google play,
                      have you tried side loading update?

https://www.apkmirror.com/?post_type...k&s=play+store
                      Thanks for your reply.
                      For Stadia i guess that the devs state that works only on supported devices so i do not expect support to be able to help, i will try anyway.
                      For Google Play update i tried the side load update but at the end of installation it says "application not installed". I know that on these chinese boxes the Play situation is tricky i was wondering if there is a workaround, the only Play version that works its the default one (7.xx something) which if i remember well i got succesfully re installed with sideload.

Comment

Originally posted by klamath View Post

Thanks for your reply.
                        For Stadia i guess that the devs state that works only on supported devices so i do not expect support to be able to help, i will try anyway.
                        For Google Play update i tried the side load update but at the end of installation it says "application not installed". I know that on these chinese boxes the Play situation is tricky i was wondering if there is a workaround, the only Play version that works its the default one (7.xx something) which if i remember well i got successfully re installed with sideload.
                        I would try manually removing google play and services. I believe system app remover root might do the trick (you'll need to enable system apps within settings of it) I find with these apps you need to empty recycle bin, exit app, restart system go back in and remove(in this case play and services again they will be empty apps). Empty bin and reboot again, try installing version you want.

To be honest, I don't think it will work, but, it's worth a shot.

You could also try changing the device ID to a more "supported" android box as well.. that might enable google to update itself automatically.

Comment

Just a quick update, i managed to install Slim Box v5.1 on our T95Q second version following the russian thread on 4pda.ru, remote ethernet wifi and bluetooth are working ok.
                          Thats what i did thanks to user corvin99 and google translate (basically i understand that we must keep our vendor paritition where drivers are to keep network working and only overwrite system).

Installation procedure;
                          1. Install the native stock .for the second revision through the usb burning tool. (We may use the tq005)
                          2. Download slimbox from russian thread (HERE) or from english thread on freaktab in s905x3 section, you need only the zip system file, not vendor
                          2b. Download TWRP (I used TWRP_3.2.2_A95X_F2.zip http://freaktab.org/dd3ec0ba8734312f...5ed3f801604831)
                          3. Install the slim box 5/1 firmware .zip: restart T95Q in recovery, select install update from ext and run the TWRP .zip, then from TWRP install Slim Box system .zip
                          4. Important !! Do not flash Vendor, but make selective wipes (dalvik + system + cache) and reboot into the system.
                          5. When loaded, the launcher will not work, but the android menu will be active. (In the AOSP version i have the Slimbox background with the blue loading bar full).
                          You may need to change language from russian to english, go in the option and add your desired language, then move it to the top by hold and drag (tricky on non touch devices)
                          Go to the settings. set up wifi, go to application settings, look for the play market / open. enter the password and
                          then download any launcher and root uninstaller. I can call the side menu also by using the KD button on my remote.
                          6. install the downloaded launcher and set it as preferred in the Home Screen preferences
                          7. delete the system square home launcher (root uninstaller, you must enable root , there is an option menu in the slimbox firmware for this)
                          8. reboot and the downloaded launcher should be starting

I am testing it right now, i still notice the weird bug that firefox with ublock origin crashes, but other things are working better than before (steam link for example)

Comment

Thanks for the firmware gbox23.

Comment

Hi klamath , How is the slimbox rom working on T95Q? Have you found any other bugs?

My T95Q came with tq_005 ROM but generic USB gamepad is not working. Maximum output resolution is 1080p. (I have tried with HD tv , may be that could be the reason). Also, safetynet check fails and I am not able to use some media apps like HotStar+Disney.

How about gamepad & safetynet check in slimbox rom?

Comment

Working...
                              X