(ROM) Minixfreak_OS V3 v4 HK1 PLAY 4/64 GB [SOLDIAZ PORT]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(ROM) Minixfreak_OS V3 v4 HK1 PLAY 4/64 GB [SOLDIAZ PORT]

Thanks minixfreak for the build, original build not available any more, topic closed: https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...nixfreak_os-v3

Dear folks, I dont know wether necessary, but I replaced some files with stock HK1 Play one's sind HK1 Play 4/64 has BGA board and I dont know which pins 2 short...

Ported rom will be uploaded...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1K6...6H9U66ajHiPZoJ

Head over to future builds...V3 is dead....

Mask Rom Mode according to markshane short resistors

Click image for larger version

Name:	fetch?id=806400&d=1590346179.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	169.5 KB
ID:	806441

Thanks minixfreak for the build, original build not available any more, topic closed: https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...nixfreak_os-v3 (https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/s905x2/firmware-roms-tools-do/793066-rom-minixfreak_os-v3) Dear folks, I dont know wether necessary, but I
    Last edited by soldiaz; 05-25-2020, 09:33.

soldiaz Hi,

Will you be making a port of v7 of Minixfreak OS for HK1 Play 4/64 GB?

Comment

I dont know, the port works well....so no need of it

Except dual boot missing

Comment

Is V4 works with gt1 mini?

Sent from my SM-C900F using Tapatalk

Comment

I dont know.

Minixfreak made new build for h96 x2. Maybe I port it...if necessary

Comment

Originally posted by soldiaz View Post
            I dont know.

Minixfreak made new build for h96 x2. Maybe I port it...if necessary
            Did you try the new H96 x2 version on your HK1 Play? Does it work out of the box or port is required? Thanks for your reply

Comment

I dont know minixfreak mentioned that the firm shall contain DDR3 uboot....then it should work out of the box! Be aware that hk1 play 2GB uses DDR4!

Comment

I dont know minixfreak mentioned that the firm shall contain DDR3 uboot....then it should work out of the box! Be aware that hk1 play 2GB uses DDR4!
                Thanks, I flashed it and it boots up well without errors and is quite fast. However, there are a few issues I'm facing which I'm not sure you also came across with your installation on HK1 Play 4/64 DDR3 and would appreciate your suggestions if you have any:

Wifi: I saw your comments in the OG thread of Minixfreak OS that you love the wifi optimizations of this ROM, but for some strange reason, the wifi performance for me is horrible. I'm not able to get past 2Mbps speedtest performance even though I have 80Mbps connection. YouTube can't even play a video at 480p without buffering.

Google Play Store: The Play Store updated to the latest version once I opened and closed it, but the problem is I'm getting the dreaded "Download Pending" issue. The existing apps won't update and I'm not able to install any new apps as they also give the same "Download Pending" status and nothing happens. I tried the fixes mentioned by other like clearing the data and cache of Play Store and Play Services along with deleting the Play Store update and then re-updating but still the same issue.

Sorry to bother you but this ROM is excellent bar these 2 critical issues and would love your feedback with the compatibility for our device HK1 Play 4/64GB

Comment

Nice to hear that the roms runs without modification.

I know the "download pending" issue and experienced it other MINIXFREAK OS rls. Just leave as is, after reboot the app shall be installed...

About wifi: In one room I did not have any connectvity to wifi with other boxes or stock firmware. Only MINIXFREAK supplies good wifi performance. I cant say for sure. I experienced much better connectivity, I did not check speed in general.

Comment

Maybe you could post the "pending issue" in the forum?

Comment

Nice to hear that the roms runs without modification.

I know the "download pending" issue and experienced it other MINIXFREAK OS rls. Just leave as is, after reboot the app shall be installed...

About wifi: In one room I did not have any connectvity to wifi with other boxes or stock firmware. Only MINIXFREAK supplies good wifi performance. I cant say for sure. I experienced much better connectivity, I did not check speed in general.
                      I tried multiple reboots and has been 2 days since, but still the Google Play issue persists. The Wifi seemed to work fine on the stock firmware and also your port of SuperCeleron ROM that you have posted, only when I installed this Minix OS the wifi issue came up, so I guess it has to do with the ROM. Could you tell me how you created the SuperCeleron ROM with HK1 Play BT & Wifi added? Maybe I can do something here by adding the drivers or something from the stock firmware.

I posted the issues in the Minix forum as well and Minix responded as well but as the ROM was not intended for HK1 Play, he may not be able to help much.

Comment

Did I post my superceleron port?? Well, I prefer Minix

I simply replaced system.img

Comment

Congratulations on the rom, it worked perfectly on the T95Q, but ethernet cable doesn't work, only the wifi, it doesn't have twrp (I tried to install it, but I couldn't), the root doesn't work (SuperSu Binary Occupied), other than that it's perfect.

*If I didn't have these problems, it would be the best rom I've tested on the T95Q !!!! (I've tested many ...)
                          very fast, fluid ...

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur View Post
                            Congratulations on the rom, it worked perfectly on the T95Q, but ethernet cable doesn't work, only the wifi, it doesn't have twrp (I tried to install it, but I couldn't), the root doesn't work (SuperSu Binary Occupied), other than that it's perfect.

*If I didn't have these problems, it would be the best rom I've tested on the T95Q !!!! (I've tested many ...)
                            very fast, fluid ...
                            Yes, root does not work I reported minixfreak but overall really good rom!

Comment

Yes, root does not work I reported minixfreak but overall really good rom!
                              i been working blindly on a new build solely based off h96 max x2 firmware but will take a bit

Comment

Working...
                              X