Need rom for newer T95Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need rom for newer T95Q

Had such good luck with that Slimbox rom on all my 905X3 boxes got a little rom happy and found one that said was for the sS905X2 but didnt see it was for the older one

Mine is the newer one that came with Android 9

Prefer s different rom then stock with the locked large icons but anythings better then a brick

I'm using the Spartan ROM on my new t95q ATM. It's the only ROM I've found that has drivers, except stock of course.
    Seems like a few s905x ROMs will work, except the drivers, which is kind of important haha

Comment

Its weird, i swear when i got this box it had Android 9 on it

But just for the heck of it i tried loading random T95Q roms posted on this forum and i got 8.1 to work and the wifi works also.

Didnt try the bluetooth yet but atleast its working

Android 9 was faster i got better benchmarks with the rom that came with it then whats running on it now

So im not sure if my box is old or new, i keep reading people say if your box came with android 9 its a newer box and the old android version wont work soi must have an old box.

The kicker is i tried that slimbox firmware and it didnt work and it said after i installed it that its only for the older T95Q so now im stumped

SO, the slimbox rom designed for the older T95Q didnt work but the android 8.1 rom for the older T95Q does

The number on the board say 8X8Bit_V10 then says 2019-04-08

Comment

Sounds like you have an old box to me.

If the stock android 9 rom works then you have the new version, as they never made a stock android 9 that worked on the old version that came with 8.1 (would probably work, but no network drivers), which is why you are forced to use a custom rom if you want android 9 on the old boxes.

You can also tell which version you have by the WiFi chipset number
        Old revision: AP6255
        New revision: RTL 8822B

Its all kind of lame and confusing that theres 2 versions. Lots of custom roms seem to work on the old version, just not 9.0 stock.
        The new version will work with all of the same roms, but will have no network connectivity, apart from on the stock 9.0 and in my case the spartan rom which I use had a version made for the new t95q

So basically, if you want more custom roms then the old box is better to have. If you just want stock android 9 then its better to have the new box.

Comment

Wish i could post a picture, i cant load pictures on the forum anymore i get an error

On the bottom of the board there is a sticker that says

YCX2019121904E

Then says T95Q

T95Q 005-4gb-9.0-8822

S905X2 4-32-8822

SPN

I cant see the writing on the metal can of the wifi chip but from the sticker im guessing its the 8822 chip?

So if 8.1 is working on my box then is a hybrid rom?

Comment

Originally posted by dudese View Post
            Sounds like you have an old box to me.

If the stock android 9 rom works then you have the new version, as they never made a stock android 9 that worked on the old version that came with 8.1 (would probably work, but no network drivers), which is why you are forced to use a custom rom if you want android 9 on the old boxes.

You can also tell which version you have by the WiFi chipset number
            Old revision: AP6255
            New revision: RTL 8822B

Its all kind of lame and confusing that theres 2 versions. Lots of custom roms seem to work on the old version, just not 9.0 stock.
            The new version will work with all of the same roms, but will have no network connectivity, apart from on the stock 9.0 and in my case the spartan rom which I use had a version made for the new t95q

So basically, if you want more custom roms then the old box is better to have. If you just want stock android 9 then its better to have the new box.
            Well i wanted to put the slimbox rom on it i like that rom its got good apps loaded with it and just has stuff we use

It didnt work on my box so i figured it was a newer one.

Didnt save the stock rom i had 5 go so smooth with the slimbox rom i got over confident that it would work

The stock rom got better benchmarks then the one thats on it now, i got almost 70k with antutu now i only get 56k so the stock rom worked way better for this box/hockey puck thing

Comment

Originally posted by BowerR64 View Post
              Wish i could post a picture, i cant load pictures on the forum anymore i get an error

On the bottom of the board there is a sticker that says

YCX2019121904E

Then says T95Q

T95Q 005-4gb-9.0-8822

S905X2 4-32-8822

SPN

I cant see the writing on the metal can of the wifi chip but from the sticker im guessing its the 8822 chip?

So if 8.1 is working on my box then is a hybrid rom?
              T95Q 005-4gb-9.0-8822: looks like you have a new box to me if it is saying 8822, plus you said stock android9 works better than the rom you have now, so im pretty confident you have the new t95q.

Ive read that some of the 8.1 custom roms have wifi working on the new t95q just not BT/ethernet, so I guess you got lucky with whatever rom you chose, but options are limited if you want everything working and I wouldnt recommend messing about with the custom roms on here as they only support the old t95q. Need to get the developers on board, as its simply a matter of adding the new drivers thats all. I have even tried modding roms myself but it is out of my depth unfortunately.

Cant say ive heard of the slimbox rom though.
              im finding both stock and the spartan rom im using right now both work equally as well. The good thing about spartan is that I get the notification bar back and a few other tweaks. It is android tv though, and I thibk I prefer regular android, but beggars cant be choosers.

Comment

WOAH!!

So last week i got a X88 pro X3 and its a VERY poor performing box, like ive posted before i think its a rehashed X88 (silver box with RK3318 chip)

So i put the slimbox rom on it and it looks better but doesnt run any better

I tried to load the N5 max rom on it and it wouldnt load

So since it was still on the sd card and my T95Q last flash didnt take i threw that SD card in the box and grit my teeth

IT WORKS!!

The magicsee rom for the N5 max works on this T95Q!!

Im running a benchmark now to see how or if it runs any better.

So far the wifi is working but i havnt tried the bluetooth

Funny thing is with the 9.0 the remote that came with it worked, the 8.1 rom the stock remote didnt work but a remote for the u2c did (912 chipset) with the N5 max rom the remote for that box works on the T95Q now lol

Now i wonder if i can get the slim box rom to lay over the N5 max rom lol that would be great!

Comment

WOW! i got the performance back!

Before with the stock rom (9 pie) i got 69K

When i put the 8.1 on it i only got 56k running antutu, With the N5 max "magicsee" rom i just got 69k again (Antutu V8.3.6) so i got the performance back!

Now i just need to see if everything works, so far wifi works ill try the bluetooth and see if its working

Im pretty shocked at this

Comment

Bluetooth, and wifi is working!

What else should i try?

When i downloaded the rom from the magicsee site it came with the flash tool (aml_sdc_burn.bin)

69k on Antutu is darn near what i get with the S905X3 chip, one of my N5max boxes gets 72K and one gets 75K so the X3 isnt really that much faster of a chip

The stock magicsee rom doesnt look that bad either, it has root, and a "status bar" at the top and bottom and has a mode to display CPU temps and CPU speeds

So far the onlything not working i can see is the LED ring is just blue and no program to change it or turn it off

Comment

Sounds like a promising rom. May have to try myself.
                      if all network connectivity works then thats the main thing. Just have to see how it performs in benchmarks and if theres any little bugs along the way.

Does the led work though? Not that its really important.

Edit: damn slow site didnt see the above. Would just extracting the ledctrl.apk from stock make it work properly, or would there be more steps needed...

Comment

I have no idea, now that i have a good rom for it i like, im gona dink around with it more.

I really really like that slimbox rom over in the S905X3 N5 max thread thats my goal to get that one on it.

The kickback launcher i like it alot, its got 4 icons on the desktop and a little apps button in the center that slides up from the bottom its clean and easy to navigate and everything is changable nothing stuck like the stock T95Q icons

The N5 max rom has 4 "fixed" larger icons at the bottom you cant change i dont like that specially if theres some you dont use

N5 max rom still has the sweeper i like that one

So to sum things up, the Magicsee 9.0 rom from the magicsee site works on my T95Q box, wifi and bluetooth DO work, but havnt tried the network cable just wifi so im not sure if that works

The LED ring is working but just blue cant change it theres no tool for it.

Gona try the slimbox rom again now with this rom and then try the T95Q vendor see if everything works, post back in a bit

Comment

If the led ring works then in theory just extracting the ledctrl apk and installing that will allow the colours to be changed from the default blue just like stock. Although its a pretty pointless feature anyway.

Im just glad to see that theres progress being made on the new t95q. look forward to see how you get on.

I cant mess around with mine until my girlfriend goes to bed. She wont be happy if I kill the TV

Comment

Well its all working the way i want, i wish i could post images again i use to be able to but i think downloading all these roms for all these boxes i have messed something up.

ok so here is what i did.

Originally my box had the stock T95Q rom, has the cluttery home screen with icons you cant change ugly colors and just toy like but everything works android 9

I tried to over lay the slimbox rom and not sure why it didnt work i must of done something wrong

found 8.1 around here some where and got it back running, did a benchmark and scored really poor 56,304 on antutu 8.3.6

Tried the slimbox rom over the 8.1 and it was a no go wouldnt even get past the boot screen

tried the N5 max rom because i was lazy and didnt wipe it off the sd card after trying on the X88 pro X3

The N5 max rom worked and wifi and bluetooth works but still havnt tried the network cable with it

Just installed the slimbox rom ove rthe N5 max X3 rom and everything is working and im running a benchmark as we speak, i dont see why it would get any slower though.

The slimbox rom is sweet, if you install the N5 max rom, and everything works you need to try the slimbox rom, its so slick, no locked roms, no bloat apps you dont use, the colors are good, the top and bottom bars you can turn on and off, you can root it with a click, and you can turn on hardware monitor

You can also load the ATV rom if you want, i havnt tried that rom on this disk thing but im sure it will work

If you have issues i dont mind helping, its alot of fun.

When i got these cheaper boxes this is what i was hoping i could do with them, i knew i didnt want to risk doing this kind of stuff with my shield but these cheap boxes i wanted to have fun with em and they have been!

Comment

I dont really understand what you mean by overlaying the slimbox rom over another rom? Isnt it 1 rom at a time?

The slimbox rom does sound good though. Will give it a try tonight if I can get it going

I wish I had a shield. Cant even emulate gamecube on this box but I cant really justify the price, as apart from emulation/gaming, the t95q is a solid box for streaming/iptv, which is mostly what I use it for.

Comment

Working...
                              X