Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Results are in

T95Q cracked the 70K benchmark!! lol

70,527 infact with the Slimbox rom YEAH!!

I remember when i first got it, i tested it and got like 56k with stock cooling and i put heatsinks on every chip in it and ran another test and got 68k and really wanted to get it to 70k

Finally made it!! lol

Comment

tried to install slimbox, but keep getting stuck in a bootloop.

I installed stock. then twrp. then flashed the slimbox zip from there. then wiped cache, etc. not sure what ive done wrong...

Comment

There is a video, ill find it

Comment

theres no need. ive got it working now... kind of. got a black screen with the slimbox logo and the blue bars reached the end now its stuck there. can still use android via the status bar, but cant seem to get a launcher working or get rid of the blue slimbox loading thing on the homescreen.

Comment

ok so what i know so far that ive found out the hard way.

the slimbox rom is android 9, so it has to start with an android 9 working rom already.

I couldnt get it to work with 8.1 it stopped at the boot screen also

This is why i flashed the Magixsee N5 max rom because that is android 9, then i installed the slimbox after i knew the N5 max rom worked first

https://androidpctv.com/firmware-mag...n5-max-update/

Then after you do that you need TWRP the one i used is version 331_AML_ViT

You need an air mouse to use TWRP, just drag and drop all the zip files to a sd card and TWRP runs from the zip as long as they are one level deep.

When i say 1 level deep you cant run a file thats zipped in a zip in a zip if that makes sense?

Back to the N5 max rom, when you download that rom it comes with the sd card tool that makes the image bootable. You put the card in after its etched and hold the reset button plug in the power and when you see the green droid release the reset button and the flash will start just let it run and if you like the N5 max rom leave it your good to go

The N5 max rom isnt bad you may like it, if you dont then go to the slimbox rom

IMO anything is better then that puke stock rom that came with the T95Q that rom is hidious, the 8.1 i found wasnt much different then what came on my T95Q its a nasty looking rom imo

post #84 has the slimrom install video
            https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...644#post807644

What i used,ROM: Slimbox-X3-system AOSP-Ver4.1 flashed it with TWRP then i used SLIMBOX-X3_vendor-N5MAX then wiped the 3 things in the video and rebooted

This took me a full day of over and over trying till i got the routine because ive never done this before so it was all trial and error and i didnt know what it was suposed to do after each flash

Comment

I have managed to get a launcher working on the slimbox, so will give this a go for now. Just need to resetup my iptv etc so I can fully test it properly, but for now it seems to be fine.
              Will try the n5 max rom at some other point.

Comment

Cool how did you get the rom to work over 8.1? or were you using pie already?

Maybe my first atempt just wsnt good?

Im guessing it needs version 9 first because my first atempt didnt work though

im still kinda green at this and im just getting lucky

Comment

I started from the stock android 9.
                  rebooted to recovery, installed twrp, then slimbox, then the vendor, then wiped delvik and data cache.

Then to get the launcher working i enabled root, downloaded root uninstaller, then removed all the pre installed launchers, as they dont work for some reason, then I downloaded one from the playstore.
                  im currently watching tv on it and it seems to be working fine. Time to try my gamepad now.

Comment

OHHH you installed the 5.1 version

Im running the 4.1 i like it better

The 5.0 and 5.1 if i remember had like 3 different launchers?

Glad its working for you

The first time i installed the slimbox rom the wifi didnt work the bluetooth did but the wifi seen my router and all my neighbors and it connected but it wouldnt load

I then tried all of the other vendors and i had one where the fifi worked but not the blluetooth and vice versa, then when i went back to the N5 vendor everything worked fine which i thought was weird.

Its like sometimes an install has a hickup or something

Comment

Yeah slimbox 5.1. There was like 4 or 5 launchers on there at the start but none would work. My gamepad works fine. The only thing I havent tested is ethernet, but im sure its fine.

Strange about the wifi, especially if it managed to pickup networks.

These cheap boxes are just a pain in the ass thats what i think

Comment

Yeah but when i got mine i had hopes of this, i wanted to learn Android some what and wanted to mess around with roms and stuff.

Ive had a blast with em, making custom boxes and messing with upgraded cooling and stuff.

It started wth the 4k firesticks, stock they had issues but with some cooling mods they got better, the boxes are just a step up with more memory and allows for rom flashes

I was a little bumbed at first when i got the T95Q there wasnt much in the way of rom changes the cooling mods was fun but thats about where it ended till now

Im glad to get rid of that stock launcher let me tell ya

Comment

Originally posted by BowerR64 View Post
                          Yeah but when i got mine i had hopes of this, i wanted to learn Android some what and wanted to mess around with roms and stuff.

Ive had a blast with em, making custom boxes and messing with upgraded cooling and stuff.

It started wth the 4k firesticks, stock they had issues but with some cooling mods they got better, the boxes are just a step up with more memory and allows for rom flashes

I was a little bumbed at first when i got the T95Q there wasnt much in the way of rom changes the cooling mods was fun but thats about where it ended till now

Im glad to get rid of that stock launcher let me tell ya
                          You are lucky and have a shield so get to mess about with these boxes with not too much risk. My t95q is my only box so im hoping I dont brick it like the last one haha, although support was pretty much none existant for that one, and it didnt have a toothpick hole so no suprise I bricked it. Just glad the t95q is picking up round here.

Ive never used the stock launcher. Was ugly When I was on stock 9.0 I just downloaded a new launcher and it worked.

Edit: my box just crashed whilst watching tv. Maybe its just an iptv issue as it seems to happen on any rom I use (its usually rare though, so im hoping this was a one off).
                          Last edited by dudese; 06-30-2020, 00:14.

Comment

MInes been ok, ive ran it hard the past few days playing Asphalt 8 which is a pretty heavy graphics game and so far its ok

I then installed 5.1 and ran it again for another few hours

I didnt notice much difference in 4.1 and 5.1

Comment

Hi, could you try to cast something from prime now app ? I get a playback_start_error , but it works using an old chromecast v1.

Comment

Anyone else using the slimbox rom on the t95q?

Ive been using v 6.1 for a while now and still a great rom so far. V8 is out, but seems a bit confusing to install so im riding it out for a bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X