No announcement yet.

Need rom for newer T95Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im still using the slimbox rom and have had no issues as of yet, im actually kinda shocked i got it to work as easy as i did.

I think i upgraded like 4 or 5 other boxes with the S905X3 chip before i tried it on this T95Q i actually didnt think it would work because its the S905X2 but it worked and im glad.

The stock rom wasnt bad it was just ugly and i hated how the home screen had the big locked icons. I like how the Slimbox rom has the clean desktio you can move around the icons and the little drawer button

Only thing i dont like is the ring light i cant change the colors or turn off but i never leave it plugged in and atleast its stuck on blue/green so thats acceptable

Comment

Just get the ledcrl apk from the stock rom, then it should let you change/disable the led.

What version of slimbox do you have?

Comment

lol, it says "Slimbox-X3-AOSP-ver5.1

Kernal 4.9.113

Some images of my box errr disk and CPU-Z program results, i dont know if this really tells anything?

Last edited by BowerR64; 09-19-2020, 00:43.

Comment

Fair enough. I believe version 8 will also work, im just not quite sure which rom to try, as theres no specific t95q one any more.

Slimbox is still much better than stock. Not had a single reboot or problem in ages now.

Comment

I flashed the Slimbox rom to my T95Q V2 with Android 9, boots up ok but with issues, WIFI and USB 2.0 port not working, also get black screen randomly. Did you guys install Slimbox on the 1st gen T95Q with Android 8.1 or T95Q V2 with Android 9? if you flashed the V2 T95Q is WIFI and USB 2.0 port working on your box?

Comment

I posted link to slimbox v10 for the second rev t95q in the other t95q thread you should check that out. What rom did you flash?
              all works fine for me. 100% perfect rom.
              for anyone having issues with wifi, etc, it usually means you have the wrong version for your box. Old/new revs will generally accept the same roms but youll run into wifi and other issues if you dont flash the right one.

Comment

Thanks Dudese for quick reply, i installed Slimbox V10.2 using USB Burning tool method, could you please link me to where you posted the V10 link. I am using the N5 Max-X3 Slimbox rom which i think is the correct one for my T95Q V2

Comment

Ive had nothing but issues since slimbox 6.1 as the t95q doesnt seem to be officially supported any more. I tried the n5max version as well I think and also no wifi. I also tried lots of other roms that either didnt flash or got stuck during boot. Luckily someone has made a modded 10.2 for the t95q that just works:

I installed the x96 version as I was told that is best, and ive had 0 issues. Not sure what the other roms in the link are like.

Comment

Thanks Dudese, i will give that rom a go and post back how it goes

Comment

Dudese you are an absolute legend, i installed the rom you linked and it works great, WIFI, BT, USB ports etc etc work perfect, what a great rom, wish i had of posted my issues earlier as i have wasted so much time trying different versions of this rom, thanks very much for your help... and have a very merry Xmas

Comment

Originally posted by ughammo View Post
                        Dudese you are an absolute legend, i installed the rom you linked and it works great, WIFI, BT, USB ports etc etc work perfect, what a great rom, wish i had of posted my issues earlier as i have wasted so much time trying different versions of this rom, thanks very much for your help... and have a very merry Xmas
                        No worries, glad you like it! Ive had no issues with it whatsoever and has been the best slimbox/general rom for me so far. I too have spent ages flashing roms/doing research on the t95q, but now I think im happy to stick with this rom for the life of the box, unless a new slimbox comes out thats worthy of trying to upgrade to.

Comment

Hi all

B4 I try me an slim mod 10,2 T95Q(x96max) .img I've wanted to ask you is there an root and TWRP build in the Rom itself or do I have to do it manually ??

Comment

I did the flash manually using USB burning tool and had no issues. Not sure about root and TWRP but i am no expert on these boxes

Comment

No issues installing here too, plus the boot procedure went fine ... so far everything good and I must say its a fantastic creation and very smooth RoM

I only have one BIG PROBLEM !!!
                              Can't get me a network ?! Trying ethernet or any WiFi ... no good

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Comment

Probably using the old rev t95q then. You really have to be careful what rom/rev you use. The link i posted is for the newer t95q only.

It has root built in that you can turn on and off in the settings. Not sure about twrp. Never needed it. Easy to install if it doesnt have it though.

Did your t95q come with android 8.1 out of the box? If so you have an old version. Luckily theres a slimbox rom for that one too. I can find a link for you if you need it?
                                Last edited by dudese; 12-23-2020, 11:19.

Comment

Working...
                                X