Need rom for newer T95Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dudese View Post
    Probably using the old rev t95q then. You really have to be careful what rom/rev you use. The link i posted is for the newer t95q only.

It has root built in that you can turn on and off in the settings. Not sure about twrp. Never needed it. Easy to install if it doesnt have it though.

Did your t95q come with android 8.1 out of the box? If so you have an old version. Luckily theres a slimbox rom for that one too. I can find a link for you if you need it?
    Obviously my T95Q is an old one! Tried 3 of "your" RoMs and every time same thing ... NO NETWORK !!! I like this new concept so if it's no trouble I would ask you to send me link for T95Q (old version) of SlimBox

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Comment

Its not obvious as I dont think you mentioned it to begin with lol.

Turns out I got it wrong and they havent ported v10.2 for the first rev yet... not that I can see anyway. Someone has made a rom for the first rev based off the ugoosX3 v0.3.7 firmware though which is supposed to run well, so maybe give that a try:

Comment

Its not obvious as I dont think you mentioned it to begin with lol.

Turns out I got it wrong and they havent ported v10.2 for the first rev yet... not that I can see anyway. Someone has made a rom for the first rev based off the ugoosX3 v0.3.7 firmware though which is supposed to run well, so maybe give that a try:

https://yadi.sk/d/z62QfdPzDXGmRg
        Thanks for your explanation ?
        In the meantime I've done my research part and find some useful info on the master's board XDA. There's some useful info for SlimBox's various RoMs, so I've picked one and tried it.
        • S905X2 Beelink GT1 Mini 007P0 lp (first revision) • and guess what ... So far it runs great. I got me a working ? SlimBox rom in my (old) T95Q.
        Thanks again for opening my eyes ?

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year and Happy Birthday etc :-)

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Comment

Glad you got it working! Sorry I couldnt be more help but I ignore anything to do with the old t95q as it wont really help me with my version.
          I think the n5max rom mentioned above would work on your first rev box too, but no point changing if you have found a working rom. Its just annoying when the t95q isnt officially supported with slimbox which would make it much easier, but atleast we can still find working roms, and as slimbox seems so good im happy to stick with 10.2 till something better comes out.

Comment

YES !! Found me a best updated ROM for X96MAX X2 (old revision) and T95Q (revision no. 1 - old) @my box
            After reading this thread, did some
            research and wallah SlimBOX TV @ru with a lot of patches

Try it you wont regret it

just my opinion

p.s. @dudese thanx again

Comment

Thanks Vanto for the information about SlimBoxTV@ru. I went to their website and found me the firmware for my old T95Q old revision with latest changes based on Android pie. Ive installed the latest firmware they got for myT95Q which is the 15.1 version and theres no regret at all. My box got faster. Thank you very much for the info

Comment

Both the first and second revision of the t95q are properly supported by slimbox now (apart from the Led not working on mine), making life alot easier. Might even get a few more years out this box if slimbox keeps updating/supporting it.

Comment

Both the first and second revision of the t95q are properly supported by slimbox now (apart from the Led not working on mine), making life alot easier. Might even get a few more years out this box if slimbox keeps updating/supporting it.
                  Can you link it here which rom you installed on T95q old version? I want to try too but there are many S905x2 roms on that site.

Comment

Working...
                  X