Another way to recover your box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another way to recover your box

I got my device into a bootloop with a specific rom and i was stuck because the update button would no longer work on this firmware. I was unable to use the emmc maskrom mode pins as they were not accessible and i couldn't find any other way into the box until now.

Using a usb to ttl serial cable and putty on 115200 speed i was able to access the terminal on boot by mashing the enter key as it boots. After u get a terminal type "update" and our all set, you can now flash with the usb to usb cable from your computer.

Interesting, can you make a video on how to do that? Also, a link for the ttl serial cable. thanks
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Hi ,

yes a good Tutorial would be nice ,
      so many bricked Boxes ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by ldrrp View Post
        I got my device into a bootloop with a specific rom and i was stuck because the update button would no longer work on this firmware. I was unable to use the emmc maskrom mode pins as they were not accessible and i couldn't find any other way into the box until now.

Using a usb to ttl serial cable and putty on 115200 speed i was able to access the terminal on boot by mashing the enter key as it boots. After u get a terminal type "update" and our all set, you can now flash with the usb to usb cable from your computer.
        It would be nice if you stated how exactly you communicated with the box using your usb to ttl serial cable.
        - For example did you use the AV port ? (as using such a port or sound port I was able to communicate with some Samsung TVs).
        - Or you just opened the box and found the RX,TX leads? In such a case it would be nice to give us at least a photo of the board and the exact position where you connected your serial cable.

Comment

I have Aukey s802 , no enter in recovery....

Post th MB pic....

Have a solution to enter in NAND?
          Attached Files

Comment

mxqproject.com ist die beste Quelle für alle Informationen die Sie suchen. Von allgemeinen Themen bis hin zu speziellen Sachverhalten, finden Sie auf mxqproject.com alles. Wir hoffen, dass Sie hier das Gesuchte finden!

Comment

Hey, i did end up making a tutorial. https://silocitylabs.com/post/2020/0...xes-everytime/

I also found a device that lets u get access to serial from the micro sd card slot withouth opening the device. I cant seem to find out where to buy one. Look at Method 6 in the link

Comment

Working...
              X