mecool km3 volume control icon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mecool km3 volume control icon

I gave my parents my old mecool km3 when I bought my shield. after a day of having the shield remote I grabbed the original one remote and paired there more firestick remote to the km3. figured that's work better for them since the km3 doesn't control the volume on there 42" lg and the firestick remote does. so they don't have to use 2 separate remotes. so issue is everytime the volume button is pressed it adjusts the volume on the TV and the volume on the box. the little volume notification 8con thing that pops up on the side of the screen. well I'm tired of seeing it and they are too lol. so how do I get it to not show up since the firestick remote can control the tv volume. I've tried button mapper and went and clicked customize the volume buttons and selected no action when they are pressed but it doesn't work. still shows up. I tried all the button settings and won't work. but it'll work on my shield though. if I turn off volume cec control I'll get the same volume notification on the side when adjusting volume so I went Into button mapper on the shield and it'll work on the shield. I can get it to not register anything when pressing volume button on shield so why doesn't it work on the one? all other button mapping settings work on the km3. I even tried ultra volume apk because where you can go In and set the transparency to full transparent and guess what. that doesn't work on the km3 either but guess what again. it'll work on the shield. so wtf

Thinking it is either a CEC issue or the IR-receiver in TVbox is picking up the volume_key input over IR-signal as well; for my Vizio TV I have to use my hand to shield the remote from pointing directly at TVbox or box will do weird IR commands from TV remote that controls TV+soundbar, imperfect solution, but also have the TVbox on opposite side of the TV away from the TV IR-sensor. Always best to buy a better Bluetooth remote that has programmable IR-buttons, I like Rii remotes; another thing is to set tv volume at standard value like 20 out of 100 and forget it, what is best for my soundbar scenario, and only control volume up/down through android with whatever remote is controlling the TVbox-only, which of course will always show the Sound menu overlay.

Comment

Working...
    X