[REVIEW] H96 MAX X2 4GB RAM 32GB/64GB Amlogic S905X2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[REVIEW] H96 MAX X2 4GB RAM 32GB/64GB Amlogic S905X2

Android 8.1 Smart TV Box H96 MAX X2 4GB RAM 32GB/64GB Amlogic S905X2 Support 4K 60fps Google PlayStore Youtube PK X96 T9 H96max

Android tv box
    --- Bad experience ---
    I bought the most expensive to be sure it could have been a good one but I had no luck.
    It came from China to Canary Island in a month.
    Very tiny, remote control (no batteries), EU power adaptor, hdmi cable and the box itself.
    All good. Setup in 3 minutes.
    Appinstaller, Google play, file browser, kdmc (kodi), media center (dlna), Netflix, YouTube (have to manually update) applications are installed.
    No microphone available to use voice search.
    Netflix would be in SD and not HD quality as its not a certified box.
    Android 8.1 installed with mediaboxlauncher. But no notification scroll down bar. But sounds notification.

The WiFi is a - - - CRAP - - - I have like 2Mbit download rate, compared to 15Mbit of my other android telephone in the same room. It is not usable to browse, stream or download most of the things. It's a CRAP. The seller gave me strange advices like switch off both Android Box and router and then switch them back. ###update, I took away the top lid and seems to works slightly better, not raccomanded to buy anyway

I tried a couple of media with VLC (raccomanded) with no problem, also deezer premium (Spotify alike) fast and responsive.

3d rendering is a CRAP. 1920X1080 MIN 0
    MAX 150 with 40 average FPS. Very buggy.

Remote control is handy with volume fast forward rewind, home, 4 directions arrows, ok, mouse (to use arrow and move the cursor) and mute BUTTONS, numeric buttons are kind of useless.
    Should have other TV remote control pairings option but I could not understand the bad English translation.

Backlit keyboard is handy and light. Need to use his USB dongle to use it (no Bluetooth pairing needed, is real plug and play) but will use one USB port. Need two AAA batteries (not included) to be used as it doesn't use rechargeable battery as other models have. They lasted me few days. Has a power switch and a battery sleep mode. Backlit is nice and colored, can be switched on and off.
    Touchpad is useful to move to cursor around like a notebook. Back button is the right mouse button. Three are music, kodi (mail), mute left muse button, search, home, browser, right mouse button, volume +/-, fast forward and rewind button, play/pause, 4 direction arrow, ok buttons.
    There is an extended keyboard but has main issue: RETURN button (aka intro) does not work for so you have to use the keyboard and then move the cursor with the TouchPad to click ENTER on the virtual keyboard. and if you click with fn button it will restart the machine. Power and click lights are Very useful.
    Note for Spanish people, I have the Spanish version and you have to install an application from Google store to use it properly with ?? etc... But still is not fully mapped. Me cago en la puta.
    There's no direct switch-within-the-open-applications button but you can use the uncomfortable ALT+TAB combination

No TV box power button so you have to use the other remote to switch it on or off (there no other way)

In general the android TV user experience with a remote control and/or keyboard is still buggy and not smooth at all. You have to use both or you have to use the arrow and switch to Touchpad. Most of the android applications (including Google play and Netflix) are not very user-friendly because they are touch screen designed (a part for the incredible smooth Biglybt application!)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by zionthelion73; 03-03-2019, 23:06.
Working...
X