X96 Air Amlogic S905X3 Android 9.0 Media Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tgpf View Post
    Anyone has any problem installing SLIMBOX-X3-system-AOSP-ver4.1 on a X96Air P3, regarding Bluetooth that doesn't work?

Thanks
    Yes same here, no bluetooth

UPDATE ... looks like its been fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by tgpf View Post
      Anyone has any problem installing SLIMBOX-X3-system-AOSP-ver4.1 on a X96Air P3, regarding Bluetooth that doesn't work?

Thanks
      I haven't installed 4.1 yet but I had installed the previous version and found that the 'patch' is not needed with the p3 version. When I installed slimbox with the patch bluetooth did not work. I reinstalled without the patch and bluetooth works fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnoo View Post

Yes same here, no bluetooth

UPDATE ... looks like its been fixed.
        https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...1dSHLpEgXD6EC8
        Well I just installed the P3 version and nothing. Reinstalled 3 times now. No work. I will try @mrwislr option now.

Installed and the same result: "Bluetooth Keeps failing".........
        Last edited by tgpf; 05-20-2020, 21:19.

Comment

Also, just installed de ATV version, with and without the P3 patch. Now it's doesn't say that bluetooth is failing, but it keeps trying to turn on and never does.

???????Any thoughts on the issue? I'm running out of ideas...

Comment

Hey, guys. I was able to solve the situation and get a stable ROM with everything (including Bluetooth working). After installing SLIMBOX AOSP ver 4.1 and installing vendor X96MAX.
            That's it , Bluetooth working!

So these were the steps:
            Factory reset old ROM;
            reboot into TWRP;
            Install new ROM ; (SLIMBOX-X3-system-AOSP-ver4.1)
            Install patch for your box, (my case SLIMBOX-X3-vendor-X96Max-Plus2)
            Wipe Cache/date
            Done

Comment

You can find ROM and Vendor here:

Done

Comment

Originally posted by nvuphi View Post

This Android TV 9 Firmware (FW) is cooked by DaiVietPda (from Vietnam). For commercial purposes, retailers in Vietnam are limited to sharing outward. I tried to extract FW from my box as a backup of TWRP so I could install it to another box through the Restore command of TWRP as well.
                Note: only applies to X96Air_P2_20191017-1917
                I am not responsible for the risks you encounter when installing or losing the warranty.

Prepare:
                - Insert SD Card to TF slot
                - Download TWRP_3.2.2_Android_9.0.zip and save to SD Card
                - Download My Backup FW, extract it and and copy to the card, the path to the firmware on the card should look like this: TWRP\Backups\1234567890\2015-01-01--07-26-31_X96Air_P2_20191017-1917\many files.

(Before starting experiments with firmware, it is recommended to make a full backup of your firmware with TWRP. Tick everywhere except for the system image and vendor image sections, because they are duplicated.)

Through the Power menu app or Reset (hold reset button - inside AV hole - when pluging power), we go in stock recovery
                Move the mouse Apply Update From EXT.
                Update From SDcard.
                Browse to and click on the file TWRP_3.2.2_Android_9.0.zip
                As TWRP boots up, click "Restore / Restore", browse to the firmware located, until you see the sections for recovery, tick should be everywhere, swipe and the firmware has install.
                Hello, I have a problem and I ask you to help. my device is x96 max plus. I installed magisk and it seemed not loaded even though I tried to load the zip file. I also saw this issue while looking for twrp to flash twrp. I flashed twrp3.2.2 and then magisk zip file because x96 air and max plus have the same processor and twrp compatible. but now the root authority of the device has been removed. I reset it to factory settings, but no root again. I am installing supersu from recovery, again root is not installed. How do I root my device?
                Another question is as follows. I found a spare fw from 4pda.(https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?show...#entry93714313) Can I restore my device to the first root by installing as you described?

Comment

Many thanks for the tip about Slimbox rom. I have tried both android TV and AOSP 4.3 versions. No problems on both with bluetooth on mine P2 version, everything is working and much faster then on original rom. After flashing Slimbox 4.3 I have flashed SLIMBOX-vendor-X96Air-ver3.zip. For now I will keep AOSP version

Comment

Hi..., I have X96 Air 2+16GB - V2 version, and on previous same version of TV Box I can burn - X96Air_V2_port_GT1mini_by_RequeLine_v1.2.2 - and it is working just fine..., but on this new one I cannot flash anything except original stock FW for this TV Box - Amlogic usb burning tool stops at 7% with error [0x32030201]Uboot/Get result/DiskInitial error...

I tried also with burn card maker - but same result - flashing stops with modified firmware...

With TWRP I can flash Slimbox FW but wifi is not working on V2 version of X96 Air...

So is there any workaround for usb burning tool to flash my favourite X96Air_V2_port_GT1mini_by_RequeLine_v1.2.2 Rom for this TV Box...

Thanks...

Comment

Hi everyone,

I have x96 air p3, 4 + 64 G.

I flashed SLIMBOX-system-ATV-ver5.1.zip successfully, but then failed to flash SLIMBOX-vendor-X96Air_P3-ver2.zip or SLIMBOX-vendor-X96Air-P3_for_RTL8822CS-ver2.zip.
                      The error msg from TWRP_3.2.2 is : zip signature verification failed.

I got the vendor files on https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...1dSHLpEgXD6EC8

Could you please check if they are the correct files and what I could do next step?

Thank you for your attention.

Comment

I run SlimBox 5.1 and vendor 5, no problems here, but I use TWRP331_AML_Vit.
                        Your link takes you to the Vendor5 release.

Check the 4PDA post for the new vendor release.

Un saludo,

Leo
                        Last edited by Satbeginner; 06-23-2020, 08:26.

Comment

Originally posted by wukui View Post
                          Hi everyone,

I have x96 air p3, 4 + 64 G.

I flashed SLIMBOX-system-ATV-ver5.1.zip successfully, but then failed to flash SLIMBOX-vendor-X96Air_P3-ver2.zip or SLIMBOX-vendor-X96Air-P3_for_RTL8822CS-ver2.zip.
                          The error msg from TWRP_3.2.2 is : zip signature verification failed.

I got the vendor files on https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...1dSHLpEgXD6EC8

Could you please check if they are the correct files and what I could do next step?

Thank you for your attention.
                          Hi, I install both zip's, SlimBox and Vendor using the Install button inside TWRP. No need to unzip anything.

Un saludo,

Leo

Comment

I may well have missed it being stated but what are the differences between P1, P2,P3, V2 and even P4? board versions?

It seems hit and miss as to what board you will get when you order and even the latest offers for this box from Geekbuying states that LAN is only 100Mbit whereas is would seem that later revisions of the boards with 4Gb RAM are supposedly Gigabit.
                            R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
                              I may well have missed it being stated but what are the differences between P1, P2,P3, V2 and even P4? board versions?

It seems hit and miss as to what board you will get when you order and even the latest offers for this box from Geekbuying states that LAN is only 100Mbit whereas is would seem that later revisions of the boards with 4Gb RAM are supposedly Gigabit.
                              I bought my X96Air quite early after its release as a 4GB, 64GB, bluetooth and Gigabit Lan and it turned to be a P2

Comment

Hello everyone. Need some help. I have X96 Air 4/64GB P4 version and when I connect to wi-fi it restarts itself. Some kind of bootloop, but it boot completely and works fine until I hook to wi-fi network. Then just restarts itself. I flashed custom ROM but situation is the same. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X