X96 Air Amlogic S905X3 Android 9.0 Media Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yan2 View Post
    "File is not publicly available." when clicking the link..
    Ups, try again.

Comment

Downloaded fine, thank you very much!

Comment

Anyone know where I can download a complete copy of New firmware version... X96Air_P3_20200831-1753 or newer if it exists? Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Jed View Post
          Anyone know where I can download a complete copy of New firmware version... X96Air_P3_20200831-1753 or newer if it exists? Thank you!
          Can try this one, a bit confused that website says Archive name: 2020.9.11 and Build number: Amlogic/franklin/franklin:9/PPR1.180610.011/20200707:userdebug/test-keys - two different dates.

Have tested older date Builds of the "Wechip V9" firmwares on the X96_Air and everything worked on the box, haven't tried this exact ROM yet though.

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post

Can try this one, a bit confused that website says Archive name: 2020.9.11 and Build number: Amlogic/franklin/franklin:9/PPR1.180610.011/20200707:userdebug/test-keys - two different dates.

Have tested older date Builds of the "Wechip V9" firmwares on the X96_Air and everything worked on the box, haven't tried this exact ROM yet though.
            Good idea! I found at least 3 links to that firmware dated 09-11-2020 so I’ll give it a try.

Android Pc Tv has a links to it on Mega
            https://androidpctv.com/firmware-wechip-v9-rom-update/
            https://mega.nz/file/bEEDnKDA#AlhSYj...a44ZnjHpvWrF4I

WeChip and China Gadget have links to onedrive
            http://www.wechipbox.com/-ezp-24.html
            https://chinagadgetsreviews.com/down...-tv-box-3.html
            https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%...126D253EA3A2B2

Update...

Both versions linked above are 2020.07.07...

Amlogic/franklin/franklin:9/PPR1.180610.011/20200707:userdebug/test-keys

And neither are ROOTED! Other than that and the WeChip boot logos, they seem identical to X96 Air. AIDA64 says they are rooted but I couldn’t get root access in ES File Explorer (and no grant permission popup) and trying to install TWRP using Amlogic Flasher failed instantly (works in X96 Air). Root Checker also says no root!

Both of these also have the same issue as the X96 Air firmware... in Settings > Display > Advanced > if you change the Display Size to a setting larger than “Default” the box goes “blackscreen”! To recover you just have to get back to settings and change it back, or use a TWRP backup or re-flash!
            Last edited by Uncle Jed; 11-22-2020, 22:21.

Comment

HI, i have x96 air 4/32GB, When i got its play store and bluetooth is not working.and my device built number is x96air_20200311-1810@,
              To get rid of this problem i finally decide to install stock ROM and that was with Ver(X96Air_P1_20191017-1536).
              After the installation my device configuration change to 2/16GB .
              But after that play store is working and Bluetooth is still not working.

plz help me out how to restore my device configuration which was 4/32GB and
              which custom ROM should i install which support play store and Bluetooth working as well.

OR
              tell me where can i find this rom " x96air_20200311-1810@" if any one have this rom plz give me the link of IMG file.

AND
              tell me how to install bluetooth driver and wifi as well
              Last edited by SAK69; 11-28-2020, 15:50.

Comment

Originally posted by SAK69 View Post
                ...how to restore my device configuration which was 4/32GB and
                which custom ROM should i install which support play store and Bluetooth working as well...
                You have (i think) device with P2 hardware revision board [4PDA.ru], install right firmware according to that.

Originally posted by mAtvXk View Post

The latest firmware of all revisions together *.img (images packaged in 7z)

X96Air_P1_20191017-1536
                X96Air_P2_20191017-1917
                X96Air_P3_20191220-2048
                X96Air_P4_20191121-1521

https://yadi.sk/d/cFS5jVXg-CYCFA

Comment

SAK69,

I’m no expert but did you not make a backup before flashing?

Your build number x96air_20200311-1810@ doesn’t match any of the current versions! Where did you get that version number from? All of the OEM firmware builds I’ve seen for X96 Air have a version number in the name... P1, P2, P3, P4 or V2. Mine is X96Air_P3_20200831-1753

Have you contacted the seller to ask what version they sold you? Have you opened the box, maybe from the components inside or written on the motherboard you could better determine what version you have? Maybe post a few pictures?

Some pictures here to compare... https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...-player-4-32gb lots more on the internet!

Have you installed an app like CPU-Z or AIDA64? Maybe some info in there might help.

My understanding is there are 3 models of X96 Air but different versions of each...
                  • 2GB+16GB+2.4G Wi-Fi+LNA 100 M (No 5.8G Wi-Fi or Bluetooth) <-------- explains why you would have no 5.8G Wi-Fi or Bluetooth!!!
                  • 4GB+32GB+2.4&5.8G Dual Wi-Fi+BT4.1+LNA 1000 M
                  • 4GB+64GB+2.4&5.8G Dual Wi-Fi+BT4.1+LNA 1000 M
                  You need to do more research on your box! These boxes have different firmwares for a reason, if during the manufacturing process they change or upgrade the WiFi/Bluetooth chip on the motherboard then they need to change the firmware to match, trying to add a WiFi/Bluetooth driver to the wrong firmware probably won’t work either!

You can’t really try flashing a custom ROM until you know for sure what version you have or you’ll just end up in the same boat, custom ROM’s are specific as well!

When did you buy it? My 4GB+32GB box purchased from Geekbuying in July this year is version P3. The pictures in Freaktab link above (also 4/32 from Geekbuying) are from January this year... version P2

If you don’t know what version you have why did you flash version X96Air_P1_20191017-1536?

Have you tried flashing another version? Can you install TWRP and make a full backup, at least then you should be able to get back to where you are now.

Don’t know what else to tell you... cross your fingers!!! Lol!

Ps... some more pictures here to compare (thanks mAtvXk) https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?show...#entry91074050 and latest firmware on version P3 is X96Air_P3_20200831-1753
                  Last edited by Uncle Jed; 11-29-2020, 02:55.

Comment

hi, only X96Air_P1_20191017-1536, and X96Air_V2_20191104-1731_ATV9_v1.5 is working but p2, p3 and p4 is not working. pLZ help me how to get rid of this mess

Comment

SAK69,

OK, X96Air_P1_20191017-1536 by name would be an Original Rom, X96Air_V2_20191104-1731_ATV9_v1.5 is Custom Rom. When you say P2, P3 and P4 are not working are those the Original Rom’s you tried or Custom and what errors do you get and how are you flashing them?

Was it working properly when you first purchased it... maybe you have been sold a fake unit! Who knows where the firmware came from then! If that’s the case then you might not be able to do anything with it!

Like I said above... if it is only a 2GB + 16GB version then it probably has no Bluetooth or 5.8GHz Wi-Fi (only 2.4GHz)!!!

Have you opened it to see if it looks genuine inside, it’s very easy to open if you’re careful! With some pictures someone here should be able to determine the Wi-Fi chip or the amount of RAM onboard... could help figuring out firmware!

Sorry, but it’s hard for anyone here to help you without more and detailed information!!!

Comment

Regarding my X96 Air, version P3... 2 issues...

1) Anyone know of an easy way to take a simple screenshot without adding an app?

2) Has anyone had any luck getting a third party launcher to load at boot without needing an additional app? I’ve installed multiple launchers, set them all as the Default Home App in Settings, activated them from within the app itself if required but not one launches at boot... same old stock launcher! What am I missing?

Or, does anyone have an easy way to at least change that drab purple-blue wallpaper to something different? Lol!

Thanks,

Uncle Jed

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Jed View Post

The gods have spoken!!!

Firmware available from Geekbuying...

Hey guys, Glad to share the P3 firmware for X96 Air Amlogic S905x3 8K Video Decode Android 9.0 TV Box. PC Flash Firmware Download Link  Have Fun! Best regards Nov 25, 2020Jane What’s your Reaction? +1 1 +1 0 +1 0 +1 2 Facebook Twitter Email

Use the "PC Flash Firmware Download Link" link.

And from here... https://chinagadgetsreviews.com/down...-tv-box-5.html

Uncle Jed

Comment

I have on X96Air P2 installed Slimbox ATV 10.2. I have tried to connect the box by optical cable to my sound system, but no sound. I can see red light in SPDIF connector. Does anybody have the same problem?

Comment

Originally posted by zbozek View Post
                              I have on X96Air P2 installed Slimbox ATV 10.2. I have tried to connect the box by optical cable to my sound system, but no sound. I can see red light in SPDIF connector. Does anybody have the same problem?
                              Sorry, not using SPDIF.

Comment

I use on my X96 air mother board : BM805H_141 V3.2 20352 5020 the firm by sandman888 : ATV UGOOS 0.4.0 Hybride for X96 Max Plus :

Samarc

Comment

Working...
                                X