X96 Air Amlogic S905X3 Android 9.0 Media Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi. 
    My X96 air has the firmware, X96ar_P2_20191017-1917. How can I download the firmware image or where can I found it?

Comment

Originally posted by kissho1 View Post
      Hi.? 
      My X96 air has the firmware, X96ar_P2_20191017-1917. How can I download the firmware image or where can I found it?
      X96Air_P2_20191017-1917_vita911.rar 
      should be run through TWRP

Installed:
      SquareHome Launcher + IconPack / Live Wallpaper / Weather / Youtube 3 views + stock / HD Videobox / Deezer / TuneIn Radio / GlavTV / TV + HD / KinoHD / PeersTV / LimeHDTV / DTV / LazyIPTV / LMDeluxe / TorrServe / Fry! TV / ParomTV / RT-TV / KinoTrend / KinoTor / SeasonHit / Ace Stream / AdAway / VLC Player / KMPlayer / ViMuPlayer.

Excess / unnecessary can be deleted independently. In SquareHome, this is done simply, on the "application" screen a long tap on the icon and in the basket.
      Silent butanimation, lower navbar installed.
      To display the weather, indicate your location in the application Transparent clock weather

Tools:
      Blutooth icon on the desktop: one click on / off. Long tap - open the settings window / add new bluetooth devices.
      Settings icon: one click - Droid settings. Long tap - Setting up an account, applications, "white" settings.
      "Broom": one click - CleanUp quick memory cleaning. Long tap - SD Maid spring cleaning.

Comment

Hi.? 
        X96Air_P2_20191017-1917_vita911.rar 

Installed:
        SquareHome Launcher + IconPack / Live Wallpaper / Weather / Youtube 3 views + stock / HD Videobox / Deezer / TuneIn Radio / GlavTV / TV + HD / KinoHD / PeersTV / LimeHDTV / DTV / LazyIPTV / LMDeluxe / TorrServe / Fry! TV / ParomTV / RT-TV / KinoTrend / KinoTor / SeasonHit / Ace Stream / AdAway / VLC Player / KMPlayer / ViMuPlayer.

Excess / unnecessary can be deleted independently. In SquareHome, this is done simply, on the "application" screen a long tap on the icon and in the basket.
        To display the weather, indicate your location in the application Transparent clock weather

Tools:
        Bluetooth icon on the desktop: one click on / off. Long tap - open the settings window / add new bluetooth devices.
        Settings icon: one click - Droid settings. Long tap - Setting up an account, applications, "white" settings.
        "Broom": one click - CleanUp quick memory cleaning. Long tap - SD Maid spring cleaning.

Comment

Originally posted by Air80 View Post
          ???  ??? 
          X96Air_P1_20191017-1536.rar
          https://yadi.sk/d/EoaBcCt8enZ7KA or https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jSN...ZBjgOCPT-/view

I don't know about the differencies beacause mine did not arrive yet.
          I can only assume that P1,P2..P4(the latest) are comming from production lot numbers or different variants 2/16gb;4/32gb,4/64gb.
          Hopefully the manufacturer kept the same components from one lot to another.
          As for the software they are definitely not the same judging by the date of their compilation.
          You'll just have to test and see....
          ??? 

Do you know where to short the nand chip. Because after flash P4 my box cannot boot. After try to connect pc, there is no detect. I think i cannot plug the power plug (usualy x96max ok with this). Now i want to try nand chip short method.  
          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by fazlizaza View Post
            ??
            Do you know where to short the nand chip. Because after flash P4 my box cannot boot. After try to connect pc, there is no detect. I think i cannot plug the power plug (usualy x96max ok with this). Now i want to try nand chip short method.?? ??
            After i try a few times... my box come back boot as normal. but i flash again P1 firmware.
            My question is.. Do you think..the problem was caused about not enaugh power or firmware not suitable.

Sorry about my English :-)
            Last edited by fazlizaza; 12-06-2019, 00:10.

Comment

X96Air_P2_20191017-1917_vita911.rar?

Installed:

Excess / unnecessary can be deleted independently.? In SquareHome, this is done simply, on the "application" screen a long tap on the icon and in the basket.

Tools:
              Bluetooth icon on the desktop: one click on / off.? Long tap - open the settings window / add new bluetooth devices.
              Settings icon: one click - Droid settings.? Long tap - Setting up an account, applications, "white" settings.
              "Broom": one click - CleanUp quick memory cleaning.? Long tap - SD Maid spring cleaning.

?
              Thank you for your instruction.
              But Is it possible to install TWRP with s905x3 chipset?
              Last edited by kissho1; 12-06-2019, 08:31.

Comment

X96Air_P2_20191017-1917_vita911.rar?

Installed:

Excess / unnecessary can be deleted independently.? In SquareHome, this is done simply, on the "application" screen a long tap on the icon and in the basket.

Tools:
                Bluetooth icon on the desktop: one click on / off.? Long tap - open the settings window / add new bluetooth devices.
                Settings icon: one click - Droid settings.? Long tap - Setting up an account, applications, "white" settings.
                "Broom": one click - CleanUp quick memory cleaning.? Long tap - SD Maid spring cleaning.

?
                Any issue if i flash this firmware

Comment

Originally posted by fazlizaza View Post

Any issue if i flash this firmware
                  Basically from what i know firmwares don't match.
                  I guess they are different manufacturers for this device with their own set of firmware.
                  It's a process of testing and seeing the results.
                  If you have the backup and it's working i don't see a reason why not to test it.

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post
                    Hmm... looks like the new WeChip V9 with S905x3, but that comes with LPDDR4 and this only comes with DDR3. The voice-remote does look nicer though. Did some digging and it looks like X96 is due to release an S922X box soon, if not by end of year then first quarter of 2020. My verdict is skip this "Air" due to the fact of the low budget DDR3, only 100MB Lan, so get the WeChip or Beelink GT-mini(2) if you want S905x3 with LPDDR4 included.
                    In version 4/32 4/64 is lan 1000 and ddr4.. I have t95q 8.1 with 4/64 gigabit and dd4.. and I can say this x96 air is more powerfull overall that my t95q..

At this price is a great opcion. The temperature will could improve with some mod like install a good and cheap disipator.

Comment

Hi.?
                      This Firmware I received from my retailer: http://www.mediafire.com/file/3br002...91017-1917.img

Comment

Some test of my x96 air.
                        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by nvuphi View Post

This Firmware I received from my retailer: http://www.mediafire.com/file/3br002...91017-1917.img
                          I really appreciate this.

Comment

There are some bugs in Firmware X96 Air_P2_20191017-1917:
                            - There is not Bluetooth on/off switch, can not enter Bluetooth Connection preferences in Settings
                            - Google Playstore can not update itself, freeze at version 13.1.32-all (O) [PR] 227779152
                            - Navigation bar, Status bar/Notification and Quick setting are disable and can not activate.
                            Last edited by nvuphi; 12-09-2019, 02:48.

Comment

I have 2 units of X96 Air s905x3 4GB/64GB units that I play with. Here are some firmware tweaking feedbacks :

1. Flashing firmwares:
                              P1 - Works smoothly, Bluetooth works quickly, no other significant issues, BUT TV Box front LED doesn't work anymore after some time.
                              P2 - Everything works, but not as smoothly.
                              P4 - Works smoothly, but Bluetooth doesn't work and hangs.

2. Busybox 1.26 already installed, DO NOT flash the latest one (1.31 I think) because it makes it much slower with some compatibility problems, and if full clean busybox install mode, the screen will flash on subsequent reboot.

3. Upon factory reset (do this first before the next steps), you can use Root Explorer to merge the default Google files with the latest important OpenGapps (ARMx64) files (like PlaysStore Phonesky, PlayServices, Framework, Google Search Velvet, etc) so they can update normally in the future. Have not tried using the OpenGapps TV version instead of Pico, but thinking about it.

4. DO NOT replace the pre-installed Package Installer with Google Package Installer because of some compatibility problems in installing unknown sources.

5. Unfortunately, webview cannot be updated, will try using Root Explorer to replace the default one with the latest OpenGapps one and see if it works (at your own risk). Maybe will update next time if I actually have future time to do it.

Hope it helps. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by nvuphi View Post
                                There are some bugs in Firmware X96 Air_P2_20191017-1917:
                                - There is not Bluetooth on/off switch, can not enter Bluetooth Connection preferences in Settings
                                - Google Playstore can not update itself, freeze at version 13.1.32-all (O) [PR] 227779152
                                - Navigation bar, Status bar/Notification and Quick setting are disable and can not activate.
                                Yes, all firmwares have no bluetooth switches (permanently on). As said above, overwrite a new playstore (Phonesky.apk) and maybe a new Search (Velvet.apk) so they will update.

And unfortunately almost all TV boxes have poor implementation of Status Bar and notification. It's an age-old problem of TV Boxes... :-(

Comment

Working...
                                X