X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nvuphi View Post
    Buy male to male cable USB
    Hi, nwebie here, sorry for my ignorance, but
    1. i've read this .img files can be flashed using Burn Card Maker and a usb or sdcard. Is that right?

- Insert SD Card to TF slot
    - Download TWRP_3.2.2_Android_9.0.zip and save to SD Card
    2.On the other hand you posted a TWRP file; can it be flashed just like you showed on this model? (i've been reading somewhere else no one has developed twrp for s905x3).

Here you are (check your revision of your tv box before install right firmware):
    For X96Air_P1_20191017-1536: https://mega.nz/#!xo0iTKjB!5GY4NaT0q...opWL6sed0gEdO4
    For X96Air_4GB_P2_20191017-1917: https://mega.nz/#!wp9zUIQZ!z18jZlW2r...53pJSkRsiXPg8Q
    3. Last question how come first MyBackup FW you shared is double size than the last two at mega.nz? Are they so different? Am i just confusing myself?

Thanks for clarification; hopefully other newbies can learn from my questions.

Comment

Originally posted by l3g0r View Post
      my tvbox stock firmware is X96Air_20191017-1108
      is there any rom with androidtv for 2gb ram?

thanks.
      I have also same box (2/16) and same firmware.
      I installed firmware v2 on 4PDA https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?show...#entry91789616
      Direct link on mega for firmware ATV9 https://mega.nz/#!95VUDAxT!sX1X5cfHT..._Z1mSwj7lGcOGE
      Only one thing, clock led in not working anymore

Comment

Originally posted by manu_manu4 View Post

I have also same box (2/16) and same firmware.
        I installed firmware v2 on 4PDA https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?show...#entry91789616
        Direct link on mega for firmware ATV9 https://mega.nz/#!95VUDAxT!sX1X5cfHT..._Z1mSwj7lGcOGE
        Only one thing, clock led in not working anymore
        I've had every firmware I can find on this box and my conclusion is that it's just simply trash. Oh well, what do you expect fpr a few dollars..
        Last edited by kenduvernay; 12-16-2019, 23:42.

Comment

What is the difference between the 100 Mbps LAN and 1GBps LAN units? Was there a hardware change in the 1GBps unit, or was it just a firmware upgrade?

Comment

Here you are (check your revision of your tv box before install right firmware):
            For X96Air_P1_20191017-1536: https://mega.nz/#!xo0iTKjB!5GY4NaT0q...opWL6sed0gEdO4
            For X96Air_4GB_P2_20191017-1917: https://mega.nz/#!wp9zUIQZ!z18jZlW2r...53pJSkRsiXPg8Q

Thanks for lekha7777 in pda.ru: https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?show...ost&p=91789616
            Could you make a backup of this firmware?right now i have no computer ?

Comment

Removed because of double post.
              Sorry
              Last edited by Satbeginner; 12-26-2019, 11:09. Reason: Double post, sorry

Comment

This Android TV 9 Firmware (FW) is cooked by DaiVietPda (from Vietnam). For commercial purposes, retailers in Vietnam are limited to sharing outward. I tried to extract FW from my box as a backup of TWRP so I could install it to another box through the Restore command of TWRP as well.
                Note: only applies to X96Air_P2_20191017-1917
                I am not responsible for the risks you encounter when installing or losing the warranty.

Prepare:
                - Insert SD Card to TF slot
                - Download TWRP_3.2.2_Android_9.0.zip and save to SD Card
                - Download My Backup FW, extract it and and copy to the card, the path to the firmware on the card should look like this: TWRP\Backups\1234567890\2015-01-01--07-26-31_X96Air_P2_20191017-1917\many files.

(Before starting experiments with firmware, it is recommended to make a full backup of your firmware with TWRP. Tick everywhere except for the system image and vendor image sections, because they are duplicated.)

Through the Power menu app or Reset (hold reset button - inside AV hole - when pluging power), we go in stock recovery
                Move the mouse Apply Update From EXT.
                Update From SDcard.
                Browse to and click on the file TWRP_3.2.2_Android_9.0.zip
                As TWRP boots up, click "Restore / Restore", browse to the firmware located, until you see the sections for recovery, tick should be everywhere, swipe and the firmware has install.
                Hi, I have a X96Air P2 with the 20191017-1917 release installed.
                The way I understand, you got the newer firmware , but for the restore using TWRP I have to name it like the old one?

Comment

Hi all,

the FW as back-upped by nvuphi is the best!!!!

As far as I can see now the previous X96Air_P2_20191017-1917 FW release IS NOT Android TV, but just a (cripple) Android 9.0 :-(

The backup from the nvuphi post IS a real Android TV.

I used the stock recovery that I could boot into using the "Power Menu" apk, enabled me to boot the TWRP.
                  From there I made a backup, just to be sure.

Next I downloaded the FW from nvuphi and used 7-ZIP to unrar it on my Windows machine.
                  I did put it on the SC card as described, but TWRP could only find my own backup, it refused to look on the SD card where the downloaded FW was.
                  As it turned out, my own backup was on the internal storage of the X96Air, and not on the SD card?

Anyway, I did boot like normal and moved the downloaded and extracted backup FW to the internal storage, next to my own backup.

From there I used "Power Menu" again to boot into recovery, to load TWRP again.
                  This time TWRP did see both my own backup AND the downloaded one :-) that I needed.

I restored the downloaded one and that ended successfully, so I initiated a reboot with my fingers crossed.........

Yes, Yes, Yes!!

Now the X96Air_P2 IS A REAL ANDROID TV box :-)

In the previous version the WiFi would only see 5.8GHz when I used channels below #100, and that has not changed, but I can live with that.

I am a happy (Christmas) bunny now playing again with my X96Air

Un saludo from Spain,

Leo
                  Last edited by Satbeginner; 12-26-2019, 14:44. Reason: Typoos

Comment

Originally posted by Satbeginner View Post
                    Hi all,

the FW as back-upped by nvuphi is the best!!!!

As far as I can see now the previous X96Air_P2_20191017-1917 FW release IS NOT Android TV, but just a (cripple) Android 9.0 :-(

The backup from the nvuphi post IS a real Android TV.

I used the stock recovery that I could boot into using the "Power Menu" apk, enabled me to boot the TWRP.
                    From there I made a backup, just to be sure.

Next I downloaded the FW from nvuphi and used 7-ZIP to unrar it on my Windows machine.
                    I did put it on the SC card as described, but TWRP could only find my own backup, it refused to look on the SD card where the downloaded FW was.
                    As it turned out, my own backup was on the internal storage of the X96Air, and not on the SD card?

Anyway, I did boot like normal and moved the downloaded and extracted backup FW to the internal storage, next to my own backup.

From there I used "Power Menu" again to boot into recovery, to load TWRP again.
                    This time TWRP did see both my own backup AND the downloaded one :-) that I needed.

I restored the downloaded one and that ended successfully, so I initiated a reboot with my fingers crossed.........

Yes, Yes, Yes!!

Now the X96Air_P2 IS A REAL ANDROID TV box :-)

In the previous version the WiFi would only see 5.8GHz when I used channels below #100, and that has not changed, but I can live with that.

I am a happy (Christmas) bunny now playing again with my X96Air

Un saludo from Spain,

Leo
                    Veo que escribes desde España, pero imagino que lo que leo lo escribiste en Ingles y es google el que hace una traducción que no termino de entender. ¿podrias darme instrucciones (para torpes muy torpes) en castellano de como has hecho el proceso?
                    Gracias de antemano

Comment

Originally posted by doqmyk View Post
                      I have 2 units of X96 Air s905x3 4GB/64GB units that I play with. Here are some firmware tweaking feedbacks :

1. Flashing firmwares:
                      P1 - Works smoothly, Bluetooth works quickly, no other significant issues, BUT TV Box front LED doesn't work anymore after some time.
                      P2 - Everything works, but not as smoothly.
                      P4 - Works smoothly, but Bluetooth doesn't work and hangs.

.....)
                      Hello, do I understand it right: you have a P1 version that you installed on a 4GB/64GB 1000Mb box?
                      Could you please share this versions for me?
                      Is this an Android 9.0 "normal" or Android TV 9.0?

Un saludo from Spain,

Leo
                      Last edited by Satbeginner; 12-31-2019, 07:45.

Comment

Hi guys!

Is possible to install a root version from the sd card?

Best Regards and Happy New year!
                        Last edited by Rebellion; 12-31-2019, 12:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebellion View Post
                          Hi guys!

Is possible to install a root version from the sd card?

Best Regards and Happy New year!
                          Yes, i just did using .img file (custom android tv roms at 4pda forum on x96 air) and tutorials using Burn Card Maker. It's worked flawlessly.
                          happy new year

Comment

I have flashed the ATV root rom and I have to say that it works correctly, much better than the standard rom

Comment

Hi, I tried several of the available rom's, and my preference is with the ATV versions.

However, I do have a problem using any of the versions, because I need this box to watch Dutch IP television, NLziet and Ziggo TV.
                              Both experience buffering and dropped frames.
                              I looked for causes, and ended with concerns about the used codec.

OMX.amlogic.acv.decoder.awesome

Do other people have similar issues?

Un saludo,

Leo
                              You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I have a TX3 s905x3 2/16 tv box. Preinstalled firmware is useless so i tried installing other firmwares to test. All other firmwares found in another forum, work but without LAN....(looks like i have a fake TX3??).
                                I have tried also some firmwares from X96 Air box, and i can confirm that P2 version firmware are REALLY SMOOTH on my box! But front lcd and remote control don't work.
                                I don't really care about front LCD, but i would appreciate if there is anyone here that can help me fix the remote contol!
                                Have tried transfering remote.tab(1,2,3) from preinstalled firmware, didn't work.
                                Tried General.kl from preinstalled firmware, didn't help.
                                Please anyone?
                                HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU GUYS!

Comment

Working...
                                X