X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ath156
    replied
    Originally posted by billouetaudrey View Post

I try 3 ports, 3 cable, 2 computer, and nothing is detect ( on Amlogic and on Device Manager ) :'(
    Did you try pressing the Reset Button and then (while you keep pressing it) connecting your box ?

Leave a comment:

• billouetaudrey
    replied
    Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post

Are you flashing the correct USB port, I was confused the first time flashing the X96air because if I remember correctly the usb 2.0 on the Side (not the back port like on other devices) was the correct port to be flashing too.
    I try 3 ports, 3 cable, 2 computer, and nothing is detect ( on Amlogic and on Device Manager ) :'(

Leave a comment:

• RiCkLaR_atvX
    replied

Yes I know that, and I was surprised it's a img lol

And Amlogic USB don't detect my phone ( I buy new cable and same issue )

So no solution? Maybe anyone can make backup with twrp and share ?

I flash succesfuly with my other android box with Amlogic USB Burning, but not with my x96 air
    Are you flashing the correct USB port, I was confused the first time flashing the X96air because if I remember correctly the usb 2.0 on the Side (not the back port like on other devices) was the correct port to be flashing too.

Leave a comment:

• billouetaudrey
    replied

First, don't you know that TWRP requires ZIP format ROM to flash (a flashable ZIP file has a 'META-INF' folder inside) and notan Amlogic update-IMG formatted software package. I believe Version 7 of Slimbox is IMG format only, with the bonus of a ZIP file if you want to switch ATV-to-AOSP or AOSP-to-ATV firmwares only.

So to get Version 7 installed you must use Amlogic USB Burning TOOL version 2.2.0 on a Windows PC.

Slimbox ROM info: https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=993324
    -note website in Russian, use Google Translate.
    Yes I know that, and I was surprised it's a img lol

And Amlogic USB don't detect my phone ( I buy new cable and same issue )

So no solution? Maybe anyone can make backup with twrp and share ?

I flash succesfuly with my other android box with Amlogic USB Burning, but not with my x96 air

Leave a comment:

• RiCkLaR_atvX
    replied
    Hi everyone, I really need your help

I download SlimBox P3 ( because it's P3 installed by default on my x96 air )
    I boot to twrp
    I make wipe ( everything except internal )
    I flash SLIMBOX-ATV-X96Air-P3-ver7.img as System
    Reboot

It's bootloop

I try again without wipe, same
    I try to flash patch after flash img, same

I backup everything so I'm lucky, my box stay alive lol

Anyone can help me ? Please ?
    First, don't you know that TWRP requires ZIP format ROM to flash (a flashable ZIP file has a 'META-INF' folder inside) and notan Amlogic update-IMG formatted software package. I believe Version 7 of Slimbox is IMG format only, with the bonus of a ZIP file if you want to switch ATV-to-AOSP or AOSP-to-ATV firmwares only.

So to get Version 7 installed you must use Amlogic USB Burning TOOL version 2.2.0 on a Windows PC.

Slimbox ROM info: https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=993324
    -note website in Russian, use Google Translate.

Leave a comment:

• billouetaudrey
    replied
    Hi everyone, I really need your help

I download SlimBox P3 ( because it's P3 installed by default on my x96 air )
    I boot to twrp
    I make wipe ( everything except internal )
    I flash SLIMBOX-ATV-X96Air-P3-ver7.img as System
    Reboot

It's bootloop

I try again without wipe, same
    I try to flash patch after flash img, same

I backup everything so I'm lucky, my box stay alive lol

Anyone can help me ? Please ?

Leave a comment:

• Satbeginner
    replied
    Originally posted by Thomoxt View Post

I pretty new to this if I install that rom does the "managed root access" mean I can remove root or what is the change log ?

Thanks
    There is a root ON / root OFF switch in the SlimBox settings

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I bricked my device, so i can not test it, yes it should have some root switch, atleast that it says in descripton (changelog).

Leave a comment:

• Thomoxt
    replied
    Originally posted by mAtvXk View Post
    Have you tried SlimBOX v7 [MEGA.nz] firmware - "managed root access", from changelog.
    I pretty new to this if I install that rom does the "managed root access" mean I can remove root or what is the change log ?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Have you tried SlimBOX v7 [MEGA.nz] firmware - "managed root access", from changelog.

Leave a comment:

• Thomoxt
    replied
    I installed the X96Air_P3_20191220-2048_ATV9_davietPDA_v1.5 and while it works great I really need an unrooted version.

I have tried uninstalling through SuperSu but it either doesnt unroot or reinstalls after reboot

Thanks Thomo

Leave a comment:

• FlyNNN
    replied

ATV_Launcher_Pro by DStudio Canada (minimal fee for PRO, but also has a free version) is great launcher for a TVbox, but I also love Lawnchair-2 by deletescape so the TVbox makes my TV look like a Giant tablet (launcher is compatible with remote and mouse functions).
    Thanks for those suggestions. I'll try the ATV first.

Leave a comment:

• RiCkLaR_atvX
    replied
    Originally posted by FlyNNN View Post
    Speaking of the stock launcher ... I am not a fan. Can someone recommend a launcher reminiscent of earlier versions of Android where I can create folder shortcuts, place widgets, change background, etc. on the home screen? I HATE this Apple type of customization limitations.
    ATV_Launcher_Pro by DStudio Canada (minimal fee for PRO, but also has a free version) is great launcher for a TVbox, but I also love Lawnchair-2 by deletescape so the TVbox makes my TV look like a Giant tablet (launcher is compatible with remote and mouse functions).

Leave a comment:

• FlyNNN
    replied
    ... same stock launcher after bootup,
    Speaking of the stock launcher ... I am not a fan. Can someone recommend a launcher reminiscent of earlier versions of Android where I can create folder shortcuts, place widgets, change background, etc. on the home screen? I HATE this Apple type of customization limitations.

Leave a comment:

• RiCkLaR_atvX
    replied
    Yes, tested the 2GB ota.zip on X96air_V2 2GB/16GB, installs with no issues with system OTA app, same stock launcher after bootup, obvious changes are the boot splash screen and bootvideo are now WeChip_V9 logo, no obvious benefits with new OTA, CEC handshake seems to be working better now, system runs smooth enough but still runs hot, further testing will be done with fan on box.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X