X96 Air Amlogic S905X3 Android 9.0 Media Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atlas_co View Post

In version 4/32 4/64 is lan 1000 and ddr4..
    I ordered this: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...7fe34c4dvkWkE2

has 100mb LAN & DDR 3

Gesendet von meinem SM-T720 mit Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by doqmyk View Post
      I have 2 units of X96 Air s905x3 4GB/64GB units that I play with. Here are some firmware tweaking feedbacks
      Hope it helps. :-)
      Big THX 4 this!

Comment

Originally posted by Satbeginner View Post
        Hi all,

the FW as back-upped by nvuphi is the best!!!!
        THX 4 this guide!

Comment

Originally posted by dracosc22679 View Post
          I have a TX3 s905x3 2/16 tv box.......! But front lcd and remote control don't work.
          I don't really care about front LCD, but i would appreciate if there is anyone here that can help me fix the remote contol!
          can't help you fix it. but anyway I prefer the non IR but RC giro remote with voice control! just ordered that one from Ali :

and it works great!

Last edited by brindisi; 04-15-2020, 20:34.

Comment

Hi all,

the last few weeks I have been playing around with my X96Air P2 (4/64GB 1000Lan), and I think I have found the best Android TV firmware so far:
            It is on 4PDA and is a port from a SlimBox with all the added stuff one might need: root, Sound enhancer, Refresh rate switcher, Smart YouTube, etc. etc.

It can be found here: https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?show...#entry94413550

Or the direct link here: https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?show...ost&p=93085504 (I think this is the direct link..)

Even my Dutch (NLziet & Ziggo Go) runs smooth here in Spain now!

And as an extra: I have one of these W1 Wechip Air Mouse / keyboard devices, but the Back function never worked.
            I found it was because the Bx expects a "Back" code, but the Air Mouse sends an "Escape" code.

I used this "Key Mapper" app the on-the-fly translate the escape to a Back code, and that wrks super duper!
            It can be found here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...8#post81959971

Un saludo from Spain,

Leo

Comment

Hi all,

the last few weeks I have been playing around with my X96Air P2 (4/64GB 1000Lan), and I think I have found the best Android TV firmware so far:
              It is on 4PDA and is a port from a SlimBox with all the added stuff one might need: root, Sound enhancer, Refresh rate switcher, Smart YouTube, etc. etc.

It can be found here: https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?show...#entry94413550

Or the direct link here: https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?show...ost&p=93085504 (I think this is the direct link..)

Even my Dutch (NLziet & Ziggo Go) runs smooth here in Spain now!

And as an extra: I have one of these W1 Wechip Air Mouse / keyboard devices, but the Back function never worked.
              I found it was because the Bx expects a "Back" code, but the Air Mouse sends an "Escape" code.

I used this "Key Mapper" app the on-the-fly translate the escape to a Back code, and that wrks super duper!
              It can be found here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...8#post81959971

Un saludo from Spain,

Leo
              How did you flash this? Also, how did you know which version is P2? I can't understand the Russian so it's hard to find the right download.

Have you had any issue with the WiFi with this?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by nextman View Post

How did you flash this? Also, how did you know which version is P2? I can't understand the Russian so it's hard to find the right download.

Have you had any issue with the WiFi with this?

Thanks
                Hi,

The file is a TWRP backup, and must be restored from TWRP.
                In the same post there is a TWRP version that can be put on a SD card, however, I used the TWRP version from this thread.

So I boot into recovery, run TWRP from the external SD, and inside TWRP I install the backup.

I had to put the backup in the box's download directory first, my TWRP did not want to look at SD card to install it.

When I bought my box the P2 version was the one that was currently sold at that time, and when I used the pdaviet version from this thread it worked, so I concluded I have a P2 version.

I don't understand Russian either, but I use Google Chrome, that has an "on-the-fly" translation option, so I can understand what's on the 4PDA site.

Un saludo,

Leo

Comment

Hi,

The file is a TWRP backup, and must be restored from TWRP.
                  In the same post there is a TWRP version that can be put on a SD card, however, I used the TWRP version from this thread.

So I boot into recovery, run TWRP from the external SD, and inside TWRP I install the backup.

I had to put the backup in the box's download directory first, my TWRP did not want to look at SD card to install it.

When I bought my box the P2 version was the one that was currently sold at that time, and when I used the pdaviet version from this thread it worked, so I concluded I have a P2 version.

I don't understand Russian either, but I use Google Chrome, that has an "on-the-fly" translation option, so I can understand what's on the 4PDA site.

Un saludo,

Leo
                  Thanks.

I flashed and it works well but there is slight issue with the sound. I use it for iptv mostly and every now and then the sound goes silent for a second.

Not a big issue but kind of annoying. I wish they had left the original sound drivers instead of changing for viper4android.

Comment

Thanks.

I flashed and it works well but there is slight issue with the sound. I use it for iptv mostly and every now and then the sound goes silent for a second.

Not a big issue but kind of annoying. I wish they had left the original sound drivers instead of changing for viper4android.
                    Hi, that weird.

I use it for both Dutch NLziet and Ziggo Go IPTV, and they work both really well, (better than in any other ROM on this box!) , I also use a Dutch radio app without dropouts or other sound problems.

Maybe the difference is the fact that I actually switched ON viper.
                    I activated the Master, and put in a small equaliser correction (upwards) in both the bass and high frequencies.

I also have both an optical and a 3,5mm audio connection to my amplifier.

After flashing, I performed a full reset to factory defaults, and after that I started to freshly install all the apps I use.

Un saludo,

Leo

Comment

I've tried everything with it for now. Think I'll move back to DaiVietPda firmware. Seems to be an issue with the audio driver.
                      Update: I gave it another go. First I tried turning on the equaliser but leaving it flat. That didn't work. The issue went away after I raised the treble slightly. Not sure if it's just my box but seems to be OK now.
                      Last edited by nextman; 03-18-2020, 22:16.

Comment

Hello! I am running into an issue with my X96 air. I changed the launcher and everything perfect. The home button goes to the correct home screen and all BUT When I reboot my machine the box defaults back to the default leanback launcher. Any ideas on how I can stop the box from doing this on boot?

I reqd this : I can just rename the launcher to the same name as the default one and then replace it in /system/app. Don't forget to set the permissions correctly to RW, R, R and then reboot

What does the RW, R, R mean? Is this the best and easiest way you think to fix this?

I'm running into issue also getting it to play my bootvideo but that's a whole other ordeal haha

Thanks got any help or guidance you can provide

Comment

I have X96 Air 2+16GB version - cannot boot, booting intro finish with strange image interference and blank clock screen...

So I trijed to reflash it with Amlogic burning tool (tootpick method) - P1, P2 and P4 FW, but every time flashing stuck on 3% without any error message - Loading bootloader cannot pass...

Some advice please.....!?? Thanks...

Comment

Originally posted by sappy View Post
                            advice please.....!?? Thanks...
                            Try this firmware:
                            https://mega.nz/#!05d3DarA!JUwranhjf...nzJ8zVXTDcB2xc

I hope,you use latest version of burning tool

Comment

Thanks digitalriver !!!
                              I think problem was usb cable or Burning tool version..., never mind..., I use my other laptop and from fresh install of latest Burning tool I managed to burn everything without any problems...

P1 - clock screen not working and BT error..., but mine is X96Air_V2 version of device with 2+16GB so without BT..

X96Air_V2_port_GT1mini_by_RequeLine_v1.2 - FW from your post is working good..., some errors of Droid tools at first setup boot..., but after that is OK...
                              Screen is working, Wifi OK.., remote also (except Settings button)...
                              Uper and lower bar is finally here...

Thanks...!!!!
                              Last edited by sappy; 03-20-2020, 22:52.

Comment

I've tried everything with it for now. Think I'll move back to DaiVietPda firmware. Seems to be an issue with the audio driver.
                                Update: I gave it another go. First I tried turning on the equaliser but leaving it flat. That didn't work. The issue went away after I raised the treble slightly. Not sure if it's just my box but seems to be OK now.
                                Hi, now you mention it, when I switched on viper I also set both bass and treble a bit higher..

So maybe that has to with it.
                                Anyway, my box is running really smooth with this software.

Un saludo,

Leo

Comment

Working...
                                X