• Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200416_190104.jpg
Views:	592
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	802443

Comment

Yes, you are right, I had (past tense!!) the same thing, but I never knew because I did not use BT.

I quickly contacted the Russian site, and they knew the situation :-)

The thing is, our X96Air P2 is hardware wise almost the same as a N5MAX, except for the Bluetooth chip.

We need to install a seperate set of drivers for the Bluetooth chip, I will put the link in the following message.
      It is a small zip file for the X96Air.

I installed them from TWRP, and now it does connect and it has a Bluetooth address.

Give me a minute to put the link up.

Leo

Comment

This should be the link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CBE...ppDyRx_ko/view for the Bluetooth drivers as an addition to the SlimBox ROM 2.1 when used on a X96Air P2.

Must be installed from TWRP as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Satbeginner View Post
          This should be the link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CBE...ppDyRx_ko/view for the Bluetooth drivers as an addition to the SlimBox ROM 2.1 when used on a X96Air P2.

Must be installed from TWRP as well.
          I installed but nothing helped, it's the same as it was.

Comment

Originally posted by johny163 View Post

That's weird.
            Here I installed it and I could switch on Bluetooth, and I could see the Bluetooth address under About, Status.
            Also I could connect my phone....

Comment

That's weird.
              Here I installed it and I could switch on Bluetooth, and I could see the Bluetooth address under About, Status.
              Also I could connect my phone....
              BTW, after installation of the BT drivers, I did clear the caches in TWRP, maybe that's the difference?

Comment

Hi,

I now have installed the 2.1 version of the ROM, and it goes well so far.
                I think it might be even a bit more "fluid" than the previous one, also WiFI has good results.

So in short this is what I did:

put both ZIP-files on an SD.
                Reboot into stock recovery
                Update from EXTernal to load TWRP
                Inside TWRP slide to the right using an Airmouse
                INSTALL the ROM from SD storage (Select bij TWRP button right down corner)

Good luck,

Leo
                Hello, does HBO GO work on that rom?

Comment

Originally posted by MareCarw View Post

Hello, does HBO GO work on that rom?
                  Hi, I don't have hbo here in Spain, but I was able to download and install HBO GO from Aptoide on this ROM.
                  Using a VPN I was able to play several trailers and free stream episodes.

Good luck.
                  Last edited by Satbeginner; 04-17-2020, 13:59. Reason: Typos

Comment

@Satbeginner
                    Friend, wanting to get back to the original rom, do I need to upload it via cable? With the USB_Burning_Tool program, can I upload it via a microsd card?

Comment

@Satbeginner
                      Friend, wanting to get back to the original rom, do I need to upload it via cable? With the USB_Burning_Tool program, can I upload it via a microsd card?
                      It depends on the format of the ROM. If it is zip you use TWRP, if it is IMG you use usb burn program.

It worked with me using the USB 3 port.

Last edited by Satbeginner; 04-17-2020, 15:06. Reason: Add. Info

Comment

Hi, I don't have hbo here in Spain, but I was able to download and install HBO GO from Aptoide on this ROM.
                        Using a VPN I was able to play several trailers and free stream episodes.

Good luck.
                        Ok, thanks slot. I must try?

Comment

Originally posted by MareCarw View Post

Ok, thanks slot. I must try?
                          Not for me, I have seen it working now, but maybe knowing that it works helps others, but I personally have no desire to use HBO.

Comment

Hi, just one question: Are you sure you have a P2 version?
                            There are versions of the X96Air that do not have Bluetooth...

I will see how to check the version of your box

Comment

Hi, just one question: Are you sure you have a P2 version?
                              There are versions of the X96Air that do not have Bluetooth...

I will see how to check the version of your box
                              How to check ? On the original software, the device name X96Air_P2 wrote in the settings

Comment

How to check ? On the original software, the device name X96Air_P2 wrote in the settings
                                So, you should have the same box as I have.

Are you sure the installation of the Bluetooth .zip went ok?

If you install Aida64 from the Playstore, and you look under System in that app, do you see Bluetooth 4+ mentioned?

Maybe you can check using Aida64 first, and repeat the installation of the Bluetooth zip and check again?
                                Last edited by Satbeginner; 04-19-2020, 14:19. Reason: More information

Comment

Working...
                                X