X96 Air Amlogic S905X3 Android 9.0 Media Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Satbeginner View Post

So, you should have the same box as I have.

Are you sure the installation of the Bluetooth .zip went ok?

If you install Aida64 from the Playstore, and you look under System in that app, do you see Bluetooth 4+ mentioned?

Maybe you can check using Aida64 first, and repeat the installation of the Bluetooth zip and check again?

Yes, the installation was successful.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200420_163120.jpg
Views:	737
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	802906

Comment

Good morning, sir,

I just bought an X96 air and I don't understand how to watch a video in HDR 10 plus.
      In the description, it is written that it supports HDR 10 plus, but I can't do better than HDR 10.

That it that one has an idea with a reader to adapt or an update to make?

Thanks for the help.

I appreciate it,

Comment

Hi all,

the last few weeks I have been playing around with my X96Air P2 (4/64GB 1000Lan), and I think I have found the best Android TV firmware so far:
        It is on 4PDA and is a port from a SlimBox with all the added stuff one might need: root, Sound enhancer, Refresh rate switcher, Smart YouTube, etc. etc.

It can be found here: https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?show...#entry94413550

Or the direct link here: https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?show...ost&p=93085504 (I think this is the direct link..)

Even my Dutch (NLziet & Ziggo Go) runs smooth here in Spain now!

And as an extra: I have one of these W1 Wechip Air Mouse / keyboard devices, but the Back function never worked.
        I found it was because the Bx expects a "Back" code, but the Air Mouse sends an "Escape" code.

I used this "Key Mapper" app the on-the-fly translate the escape to a Back code, and that wrks super duper!
        It can be found here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...8#post81959971

Un saludo from Spain,

Leo
        Hello Satbeginner/Leo,

I flashed the SlimBox rom to my WeChip V9 box (same as or very similar to X96 Air P1) and I'm loving it!
        The bluetooth patch zip meant for the X96 Air P2 also works fine for me.
        Thank you very much for sharing this rom because I'm loving my box but I'm hating the stock rom that came with it.

There's only two (minor) issues I ran into so far:

- The LED clock display on the front of the box isn't working. Not a big problem at all, just curious if it is working for you.
        - The Smart YouTube TV app loads in Russian, even after setting the OS to English and even after manually setting the app to English.

At first I thought that maybe this was a custom Russian version of the app but the one I downloaded has the same issue.
        I'm guessing that Smart YouTube TV retrieves its language settings from the OS somehow but I can't figure out how or where.
        I tried changing language entries in the build.prop file from RU to EN but that didn't help.

Do you have this same issue? Have you found a way to fix this or do you have any idea?

Thanks again for sharing this great rom!

Groeten uit Holland,

Richard

Comment

Hi,

I now have installed the 2.1 version of the ROM, and it goes well so far.
          I think it might be even a bit more "fluid" than the previous one, also WiFI has good results.

So in short this is what I did:

put both ZIP-files on an SD.
          Reboot into stock recovery
          Update from EXTernal to load TWRP
          Inside TWRP slide to the right using an Airmouse
          INSTALL the ROM from SD storage (Select bij TWRP button right down corner)

Good luck,

Leo
          You've been very helpful. Thanks a lot. I'm enjoying the first ATV version that you shared the 19112019 version I think. Just 2 queries.
          1. Could you please share the link to 2.1 (or I think 2.2 version I think I saw in 4pda) that you're using. Just want to be sure of using the right version. Btw I'm using V2 version of box. Got so confused which one to install.

2. As per x96 air specs, it supports 4k @ 60 hz. But the ATV version that we use has max of 4K @24 fps (in settings device preference display) is there any tweak to enable 60 fps?

Thank you once again

Comment

Originally posted by gpkumaran View Post

You've been very helpful. Thanks a lot. I'm enjoying the first ATV version that you shared the 19112019 version I think. Just 2 queries.
            1. Could you please share the link to 2.1 (or I think 2.2 version I think I saw in 4pda) that you're using. Just want to be sure of using the right version. Btw I'm using V2 version of box. Got so confused which one to install.

2. As per x96 air specs, it supports 4k @ 60 hz. But the ATV version that we use has max of 4K @24 fps (in settings device preference display) is there any tweak to enable 60 fps?

Thank you once again
            Hi,

At the moment we do not have a 4k TV, so I use it at 1080*1920@60 Hz.

I haven't seen the 4PDA 2.2 version, but will look for it.

Un Saludo,

Leo

Comment

Hi,

At the moment we do not have a 4k TV, so I use it at 1080*1920@60 Hz.

I haven't seen the 4PDA 2.2 version, but will look for it.

Un Saludo,

Leo
              Thank you
              I was talking about this

Anyway
              Could you please share the link to the 2.1 you are using?
              You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Thank you
                I was talking about this

https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?show...ost&p=95118567

https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?show...ost&p=95118567

Anyway
                Could you please share the link to the 2.1 you are using?
                https://4pda.ru/pages/go/?u=https%3A...p0w&e=93085504

This should be the direct link, I use the Android TV version. ATV

Or this even more direct

Comment

Thank you
                  So I should install the slimbox x3 atv and then the patch for p2 am I right? (Sorry I don't have the V2 I have the P2)

To be clear, this update will delete all data and for me to retain the apps and data I've to use titanium backup, am I right?

Comment

Thank you
                    So I should install the slimbox x3 atv and then the patch for p2 am I right? (Sorry I don't have the V2 I have the P2)

To be clear, this update will delete all data and for me to retain the apps and data I've to use titanium backup, am I right?
                    Yes, that's the way to do it.
                    However, depending on the ROM you had installed previously, it may look as if your apps are still there.
                    But I suggest after installing the new ROM, to do a reset to factory settings anyway, and after that AND a complete boot, only then restore your backup.

Comment

Thank you

Hi,

I just downloaded the ROM from the Google drive now mentioned as being the final version.
                      Based on the size it is likely a newer version, it's a shame they did not include the version in the name of the zip file.

I installed the ROM, and I added the patch as indicated for the P2 version of the box.

I am running it now, and the first impression is still very good.

Will test more tomorrow, looking forward to your experience.

Un saludo,

Leo

Comment

Hi,

I just downloaded the ROM from the Google drive now mentioned as being the final version.
                        Based on the size it is likely a newer version, it's a shame they did not include the version in the name of the zip file.

I installed the ROM, and I added the patch as indicated for the P2 version of the box.

I am running it now, and the first impression is still very good.

Will test more tomorrow, looking forward to your experience.

Un saludo,

Leo
                        Thank you for the feedback. So you mean to say it's newer than the 2.1 you were talking about? Besides, I haven't yet installed as it's the only box I've and I have to have some free time when I modify it.

Comment

Thank you for the feedback. So you mean to say it's newer than the 2.1 you were talking about? Besides, I haven't yet installed as it's the only box I've and I have to have some free time when I modify it.
                          Yes, the first released SlimBox ROM was 2.0, then came 2.1 and now it's the Final release, according to the Russian site.

That ROM can be used on several boxes, by the addition of the patch package per specific box.

I will post my experiences later, after I used it for a while, but it looks as reliable as the 2.1 version.

Un saludo,

Leo

Comment

Any opinions on which is the better custom rom for the x96 air?

This one

https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?show...#entry91789616

Or

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...qeiPHv8uVwbp0w

UPDATE:

I have discovered that the slimbox roms do not work with the x96 air p3... but the other rom does.
                            Last edited by mrwislr; 05-06-2020, 06:21.

Comment

Originally posted by riesdepies View Post

Hello Satbeginner/Leo,

I flashed the SlimBox rom to my WeChip V9 box (same as or very similar to X96 Air P1) and I'm loving it!
                              The bluetooth patch zip meant for the X96 Air P2 also works fine for me.
                              Thank you very much for sharing this rom because I'm loving my box but I'm hating the stock rom that came with it.

There's only two (minor) issues I ran into so far:

- The LED clock display on the front of the box isn't working. Not a big problem at all, just curious if it is working for you.
                              - The Smart YouTube TV app loads in Russian, even after setting the OS to English and even after manually setting the app to English.

At first I thought that maybe this was a custom Russian version of the app but the one I downloaded has the same issue.
                              I'm guessing that Smart YouTube TV retrieves its language settings from the OS somehow but I can't figure out how or where.
                              I tried changing language entries in the build.prop file from RU to EN but that didn't help.

Do you have this same issue? Have you found a way to fix this or do you have any idea?

Thanks again for sharing this great rom!

Groeten uit Holland,

Richard
                              Hoi Richard groeten uit Spanje :-)

To keep it useful for everybody, in "English"

about the clock, yes it is working for me , but that is on a X96Air-P2, I found that there are more similar boxes around, where the clock seems to be handled differently, but if it does not bother you...

About the Smart Youtube, yep, it uses it's own setting for language, same here.
                              I switched my box to English, but hat to go into settings of the the SmartYouTube app to change the language.

Look for the region first, like Moscow in Russian, should be looking like M o c k B a , if you found that, you're near where you can change the language.... :-)
                              There is on the right hand part of the screen some sort of Pull Down menu where the top 10-20 items are still Russian, but if you go down enough, you will recognize the other countries, and you can select English.

I looked a bit further: in SmartYouTube,

the menu is on the left side.
                              When you go down and see a globe on the right, that's where you can change your location/country,
                              One step above the globe is where you can change the language

Groeten, (Un saludo)

Leo
                              Last edited by Satbeginner; 05-06-2020, 22:42.

Comment

Hi I need a img for v2.2 . I try all version but bluetooth or wifi is broken please help me!
                                X96 air inside

Comment

Working...
                                X