X96 Air Amlogic S905X3 Android 9.0 Media Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ath156 View Post
    Shorting first the pins and only then connecting USB cable is the standard procedure.
    No, incorrect. The correct way to short the pins is have USB-OTG-port connected to computer well shorting the pins. This way you know when you have reset the NAND chip immediately on shorting-the-pins. Problems usually arrives because the user is not using the correct USB-port which is not the OTG-port of their device. For this X96air the OTG-port is the USB3.0-port, most other devices use a USB2.0-port, this is why it is important to research your exact device specifications before trying anything.

Example:
    1) Know your device before starting, know which port is USB-OTG, if not marked do research or contact Manufacturer/Vendor
    2) Start Windows PC
    3) Start USB Burning Tool (hopefully you have the latest version installed in PC, if not search for update)
    4) Load correct firmware into Tool, if device is bricked then use an original factory firmware to restore before trying a custom ROM
    5) Click Start in Tool
    6) Attach USB-to-USB cable betweeen PC and Amlogic device
    7) Short the Pins, if device has Red/Blue LED usually will switch Red to Blue(generally signals standby to operational mode); if no LED then watch and listen to PC to signal Connected Device chyme, because Tool is already engaged "Start" it will Start the Burning Process immediately after correct Pin-Short, if it stalls click "Refresh" in Tool to continue. If Tool+Firmware continues to fail the install then you probably have incorrect firmware. Or, possible your device needs DC-Power supply connected to install firmware fully during burn process, not the case for X96air.

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post
      No, incorrect. The correct way to short the pins is have USB-OTG-port connected to computer well shorting the pins. This way you know when you have reset the NAND chip immediately on shorting-the-pins. Problems usually arrives because the user is not using the correct USB-port which is not the OTG-port of their device. For this X96air the OTG-port is the USB3.0-port, most other devices use a USB2.0-port, this is why it is important to research your exact device specifications before trying anything.

Example:
      1) Know your device before starting, know which port is USB-OTG, if not marked do research or contact Manufacturer/Vendor
      2) Start Windows PC
      3) Start USB Burning Tool (hopefully you have the latest version installed in PC, if not search for update)
      4) Load correct firmware into Tool, if device is bricked then use an original factory firmware to restore before trying a custom ROM
      5) Click Start in Tool
      6) Attach USB-to-USB cable betweeen PC and Amlogic device
      7) Short the Pins, if device has Red/Blue LED usually will switch Red to Blue(generally signals standby to operational mode); if no LED then watch and listen to PC to signal Connected Device chyme, because Tool is already engaged "Start" it will Start the Burning Process immediately after correct Pin-Short, if it stalls click "Refresh" in Tool to continue. If Tool+Firmware continues to fail the install then you probably have incorrect firmware. Or, possible your device needs DC-Power supply connected to install firmware fully during burn process, not the case for X96air.
      I obviously agree with you that in some boxes you have to use USB 2.0 and in others USB 3.0.
      I also agree for the steps 1 to 5. Allow me to insist that at step 6 usually it is best practice to first short pins and only then connect USB cable. This way the relevant NAND chip instead of loading the usual parameters (and probably enganging in a loop - when it is bricked or semi-bricked) it is forced to look for new parameters immediately so as to be able to function. The whole purpous is to "initialize"/"reset" it before being able to load anything else.
      Anyway as you can see this is the problem gatos814 faced and you can clearly see that he solved it the way I am supporting as primary/usual method.
      On the other hand it may be that certain boxes/chips require a different approach OR most probably that at some cases you can achieve the same purpous in either way!!!

Comment

The thing that i was missing here as i said was that the tv box was not full bricked ...
        And what that means...
        Means that it wanted other approaching than the standard way ...
        The standard way on a full bricked device is first the cable and after the pins ...
        But in my case for opening the reset ''portal'' i should have done this first (as and i finally did this !)
        And that's because i should have intervened before the pcb gets power from the usb cable!
        Of course and you must do all the things you both mentioned but the critical here ALWAYS is to use a multimeter to make an approach AND FIND the right pins to short !
        Or of course to search and find if and others have found the solution...!
        Regards

Comment

Originally posted by ath156 View Post
          Allow me to insist that at step 6 usually it is best practice to first short pins and only then connect USB cable. This way the relevant NAND chip instead of loading the usual parameters (and probably enganging in a loop - when it is bricked or semi-bricked) it is forced to look for new parameters immediately so as to be able to function. The whole purpous is to "initialize"/"reset" it before being able to load anything else.
          Your Logic is wrong, it doesn't matter what the device is doing, it doesn't matter at what state of boot the device is bricked in, it doesn't matter if the device is booting-up/loading, because you are not faster than a bootloader operation to try to physically time an interruption of the boot sequence, that is just not possible. Even if the device is currently running android perfectly when you engage MaskROM mode, it will happen with your Amlogic device if it is getting steady power over USB-cable/OTG-port When you Short-The-Pins and the key is you have to short the Correct Pins then it will Reset the device to be in the Proper state to communicate to a PC to install a firmware.

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post
            Your Logic is wrong, it doesn't matter what the device is doing, it doesn't matter at what state of boot the device is bricked in, it doesn't matter if the device is booting-up/loading, because you are not faster than a bootloader operation to try to physically time an interruption of the boot sequence, that is just not possible. Even if the device is currently running android perfectly when you engage MaskROM mode, it will happen with your Amlogic device if it is getting steady power over USB-cable/OTG-port When you Short-The-Pins and the key is you have to short the Correct Pins then it will Reset the device to be in the Proper state to communicate to a PC to install a firmware.
            Don't you understand that it is your "Logic" that kept gatos814 from reviving his box ??
            If he was still following your way (as the only correct procedure) probably he was going to still be trying to bring back his box to life. Please read carefully his last 2 posts.
            Also what are you meaning by "you are not faster than a bootloader operation to try to physically time an interruption of the boot sequence"???? But that's exactly the point of 1st shorting the pins and only then connecting the Cable to the box (which must be previously completely out of power for some time -no "residual" current). You don't have to be fast at all !!! You do not give it a chance at all as you immediately lead it to "reset state" asking for the proper parameters and therefore loading your rom from UBT.
            Also from the beginning I said that what I suggest is for me the primary/main method (not the only one). At the end it doesn't matter what you say or what I say but what actually revives our box. So if I have such a case I will try my method, your method or any other sequence/combination (without power adapter, with the additional help of power adapter etc).
            Best regards.

Comment

99,99999999% of the difficulty is to find the proper pins for shorting them...!
              Especially in these pcb with no ''optical'' pins of the eMMC !
              After that , with one way or the other , in 1 minute , 1 hour , 1 day or one week you will have your device again ... functional !

Comment

Need help with Google play store on X96 Air 64GB 4RAM. My unit came with software version p2_20191017-1917 and everything worked but recently I have problems with Google Play Store. I can't opened it, it just says "Google Play Store is updating. Plase wait.." or I get 3-4 times "Google Play Store stopped working" when I start the tv box. I have tried to update Play Store manually with apk but the installation can't be finished. Only I have updated Google Play services. Currently I have Play Store 13.1.32 version and 20.15.16 version of Play Services. I have tried many times to clear caches of all Google programs but this didn't help.
                Any ideas how to fix Google Play Store?

Comment

Originally posted by kiro777 View Post
                  Need help with Google play store on X96 Air 64GB 4RAM. My unit came with software version p2_20191017-1917 and everything worked but recently I have problems with Google Play Store. I can't opened it, it just says "Google Play Store is updating. Plase wait.." or I get 3-4 times "Google Play Store stopped working" when I start the tv box. I have tried to update Play Store manually with apk but the installation can't be finished. Only I have updated Google Play services. Currently I have Play Store 13.1.32 version and 20.15.16 version of Play Services. I have tried many times to clear caches of all Google programs but this didn't help.
                  Have you updated your ROM version yet? That should fix the problem, the stock ROMs had a December release posted on several sites I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by kiro777 View Post
                    i had the same problems.and every time system crash.the stock rom is garbage.my opinion is to try the rom slimbox 3 from 4pda site.link for the rom and instructions you will find in previous posts.I did that and I have an operating system without problems

Comment

Originally posted by digitgr View Post

i had the same problems.and every time system crash.the stock rom is garbage.my opinion is to try the rom slimbox 3 from 4pda site.link for the rom and instructions you will find in previous posts.I did that and I have an operating system without problems
                      I use the V3 of the SlimBox ROM as my daily driver, works great.

V4 is announced on 4PDA, will test as soon it is released.

Comment

I'm waiting for impressions.needs factory reset?I think it's the best rom for this box.thanks again for the link for twrp and and the instructions.

Comment

Originally posted by Satbeginner View Post

I use the V3 of the SlimBox ROM as my daily driver, works great.

V4 is announced on 4PDA, will test as soon it is released.
                          I'm waiting for impressions.needs factory reset?I think it's the best rom for this box.thanks again for the link for twrp and and the instructions.

Comment

hi, my new X96 Air just arrived, its was P3
                            with rom version date is 2019-12-XX

here i share my backup, just grab it if anyone needed.

System, Vendor, stock Recovery

system and vendor
                            https://mega.nz/file/kAxVRITT#MwLUdnJkQBQb6Egtlwd29F-xueZlh55g8ekfZrThdVs

stock recovery
                            https://mega.nz/file/0c5FBCBL#ybUvJa...tA-zLW7XW9n4YQ

boot
                            https://mega.nz/file/xdpD1a4Q#5EOyjSPqvfcWSr8rDa7m8x6WVJL8CoqKG0m5WCLov LE
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by cs1453 View Post
                              Hi I need a img for v2.2 . I try all version but bluetooth or wifi is broken please help me!
                              X96 air inside
                              your board same with mine, its was P3 board, try flash P3 image

Comment

Anyone has any problem installing SLIMBOX-X3-system-AOSP-ver4.1 on a X96Air P3, regarding Bluetooth that doesn't work?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X