X96 Air Amlogic S905X3 Android 9.0 Media Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Satbeginner View Post

I bought my X96Air quite early after its release as a 4GB, 64GB, bluetooth and Gigabit Lan and it turned to be a P2
    Thanks.
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by lovacuzitu View Post
      Hello everyone. Need some help. I have X96 Air 4/64GB P4 version and when I connect to wi-fi it restarts itself. Some kind of bootloop, but it boot completely and works fine until I hook to wi-fi network. Then just restarts itself. I flashed custom ROM but situation is the same. Any suggestions? Thanks.
      If it has happened with 2 different firmwares then it may well be a power supply issue.
      R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

If it has happened with 2 different firmwares then it may well be a power supply issue.
        I tried other power adapter (which work on other X96 air) and no luck.

Comment

I tried other power adapter (which work on other X96 air) and no luck.
          Hi,
          i had a similar problem with my 3rd unit of x96 air.
          it was reseting shortly after booting up to homescreen.
          i left it on for 30minutes or so and it stayed running for some time.
          anyway, i got a free new boxt from geekbuying.com.

I tried to fix the broken one, got it open, found 1 loose antena cable, taped it back.
          there is just some type of conductive rubber pressed against the CPU and a metal plate at the bottom cover.
          it looked to me that it is bit off the proper position - it was touching the PCB. so i removed the rubber and the plate as well.
          to prevent overheating i drilled few holes into top and bottom plastic cover.

box is running smoothly now with slimbox v5.1 AOSP.
          temperature of cpu is about 5-8 °C higher then on untouched box.
          it is P3 4GB/32GB.

try to sort it with your supplier, you may get a new box.
          if not , just try to do what I did, it will not be worse then before.

Miro

Comment

Originally posted by mirecko View Post

Hi,

I tried to fix the broken one, got it open, found 1 loose antena cable, taped it back.
            there is just some type of conductive rubber pressed against the CPU and a metal plate at the bottom cover.
            it looked to me that it is bit off the proper position - it was touching the PCB. so i removed the rubber and the plate as well.

it is P3 4GB/32GB.

Miro

Thank you very much. I will try. I have two boxes from Geekbuying with same problem. One 4/64GB P4, other 4/32 P3. I opened ticket but still no answer from Geekbuying after 3 days (which is a bit strange, they always answer me in 24h hours). Hope they will send new one or refund. I will try your suggestion anyway. Thanks.

Comment

Thank you very much. I will try. I have two boxes from Geekbuying with same problem. One 4/64GB P4, other 4/32 P3. I opened ticket but still no answer from Geekbuying after 3 days (which is a bit strange, they always answer me in 24h hours). Hope they will send new one or refund. I will try your suggestion anyway. Thanks.
              one more thing, the broken box was ordered from german warehouse,
              the replacement came from spain.
              they never asked to send back the broken one, so i decided to give it a try with self repair.

you are welcome.
              Miro

Comment

I have problem with wifi on my second x96 air p2 unit. When I press to enable wifi the wifi turns off after few seconds on it's own. Can't show me any wifi networks, it only turns off wifi. Any ideas how to fix it?
                This is untouched and stock unit, the wifi on it just stopped working. Factory reset did not helped.
                The other unit that I have is working normally on slimbox 5.1.

edit: mac adress for wifi is 02:00:00:00. Is my wifi chip dead?
                Last edited by kiro777; 07-06-2020, 18:03.

Comment

Originally posted by mirecko View Post

Hi,

it is P3 4GB/32GB.

Miro

Just to confirm that problem with both of my boxes was loosed wi-fi antena. Opened box, taped it back and TV box works perfectly. So, if anyone have problem that TV box restarts when hooks on wi-fi network, this is solution.
                  One more thanks to Miro.

Comment

Just to confirm that problem with both of my boxes was loosed wi-fi antena. Opened box, taped it back and TV box works perfectly. So, if anyone have problem that TV box restarts when hooks on wi-fi network, this is solution.
                    One more thanks to Miro.
                    you are welcomed my friend,
                    i am glad i could help.
                    Miro

Comment

Originally posted by kiro777 View Post
                      I have problem with wifi on my second x96 air p2 unit. When I press to enable wifi the wifi turns off after few seconds on it's own. Can't show me any wifi networks, it only turns off wifi. Any ideas how to fix it?
                      This is untouched and stock unit, the wifi on it just stopped working. Factory reset did not helped.
                      The other unit that I have is working normally on slimbox 5.1.

edit: mac adress for wifi is 02:00:00:00. Is my wifi chip dead?
                      After some days without power on the unit now the wifi suddenly works!!! And right away it shows that there is OTA update that will fix google play store. After the update the wifi don't work again and the mac adress is back to 02:00:00:00:00:00. LOL

Comment

NEED HELP ~~ !!!!

Recently I have bought X96 Air 4/32. It had build number X96_Air-20200311

Initially fault my box had

1 Bluetooth was not working and does not show address.
                        2 Play store is stuck at old version 13.3 cant update
                        3 It shows 32 GB memory but when i try to fill it above 16GB it doesn't store neither shows full.

I opened box and couldn't find Bluetooth chip but i saw antenna square wave type which means it has builtin Bluetooth
                        I tried to update software to P3 and it goes all blackout dead !! With some research found unbrick method and updated with P1 version.

Now it shows 2GB ram and 16GB memory
                        2 LED display doesnt work
                        3 Bluetooth still not working
                        4 Play store is same 13.3 not updating.

I hope you get my poitn my english is not so good Please need help tell me how to fix it !! or which firmware I should use !!

Comment

NEED HELP ~~ !!!!

Recently I have bought X96 Air 4/32. It had build number X96_Air-20200311

Initially fault my box had

1 Bluetooth was not working and does not show address.
                          2 Play store is stuck at old version 13.3 cant update
                          3 It shows 32 GB memory but when i try to fill it above 16GB it doesn't store neither shows full.

I opened box and couldn't find Bluetooth chip but i saw antenna square wave type which means it has builtin Bluetooth
                          I tried to update software to P3 and it goes all blackout dead !! With some research found unbrick method and updated with P1 version.

Now it shows 2GB ram and 16GB memory
                          2 LED display doesnt work
                          3 Bluetooth still not working
                          4 Play store is same 13.3 not updating.

I hope you get my poitn my english is not so good Please need help tell me how to fix it !! or which firmware I should use !!

Comment

Originally posted by nain View Post
                            ...which firmware I should use...
                            The latest firmware of all revisions together *.img (images packaged in 7z)

X96Air_P1_20191017-1536
                            X96Air_P2_20191017-1917
                            X96Air_P3_20191220-2048
                            X96Air_P4_20191121-1521

https://yadi.sk/d/cFS5jVXg-CYCFA

Comment

Originally posted by mAtvXk View Post

The latest firmware of all revisions together *.img (images packaged in 7z)

X96Air_P1_20191017-1536
                              X96Air_P2_20191017-1917
                              X96Air_P3_20191220-2048
                              X96Air_P4_20191121-1521

https://yadi.sk/d/cFS5jVXg-CYCFA
                              What about V2 revision?

Comment

Originally posted by hoskic View Post
                                What about V2 revision?
                                Hi, Glad to share the firmware for X96 Air Amlogic S905x3 8K Video Decode Android 9.0 TV Box 2GB DDR3 16GB eMMC (https://www.geekbuying.com/item/X96-Air-TV-Box--Amlogic-S905x3-2G-16G-8K-Decode-420283.html?utm_source=freaktab.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=elaine&utm_term=X96-Air) PC Flash Firmware

Comment

Working...
                                X