X96 Air Amlogic S905X3 Android 9.0 Media Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mAtvXk View Post

The latest firmware of all revisions together *.img (images packaged in 7z)

X96Air_P1_20191017-1536
    X96Air_P2_20191017-1917
    X96Air_P3_20191220-2048
    X96Air_P4_20191121-1521

https://yadi.sk/d/cFS5jVXg-CYCFA
    I have updated with V2 version it is working fine now !! and got new update of V2_20200619
    thanks

Comment

Originally posted by nain View Post

I have updated with V2 version it is working fine now...
      Is the all of memory (4/64GB) shown ?

Comment

Originally posted by lovacuzitu View Post

Just to confirm that problem with both of my boxes was loosed wi-fi antena. Opened box, taped it back and TV box works perfectly. So, if anyone have problem that TV box restarts when hooks on wi-fi network, this is solution.
        One more thanks to Miro.
        Hi, how exactly you taped the loosed antenna back?
        I have problems with the wifi on one of my units. The box don't restarts but the wifi can't start and just turns off. The wifi turns on only like 1 of 20 times. When wifi starts to work it works perfectly until restart. I have tried with wifi dongle that worked for some days without problem and out of nowhere the wifi can't start again even with inserted wifi dongle. The wifi dongle works with no problems on my pc so it's not fault. Factory resets don't help and I have installed slimbox rom but nothing helps.

Comment

Originally posted by kiro777 View Post

Hi, how exactly you taped the loosed antenna back?
          I have problems with the wifi on one of my units. The box don't restarts but the wifi can't start and just turns off. The wifi turns on only like 1 of 20 times. When wifi starts to work it works perfectly until restart. I have tried with wifi dongle that worked for some days without problem and out of nowhere the wifi can't start again even with inserted wifi dongle. The wifi dongle works with no problems on my pc so it's not fault. Factory resets don't help and I have installed slimbox rom but nothing helps.
          Hi. Open your TV box and if you see loosed wi-fi antena (it looks like sticky tape) just tap it to plastic cover.

Comment

Originally posted by lovacuzitu View Post

Hi. Open your TV box and if you see loosed wi-fi antena (it looks like sticky tape) just tap it to plastic cover.
            I see... Mine was ok and I can't fix my problem. Thanks anyway.

I have flashed the box with stock img file but didn't help. Wifi works only like 1 of 20 times and board seems ok to me.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200713_190222.jpg
Views:	1675
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	810145
            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200713_190723.jpg
Views:	1579
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	810146

Comment

Found similiar box, New July firmware may work on the X96air.... try at your own risk!

Direct download link:

Comment

Yes, tested the 2GB ota.zip on X96air_V2 2GB/16GB, installs with no issues with system OTA app, same stock launcher after bootup, obvious changes are the boot splash screen and bootvideo are now WeChip_V9 logo, no obvious benefits with new OTA, CEC handshake seems to be working better now, system runs smooth enough but still runs hot, further testing will be done with fan on box.

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post
                  ... same stock launcher after bootup,
                  Speaking of the stock launcher ... I am not a fan. Can someone recommend a launcher reminiscent of earlier versions of Android where I can create folder shortcuts, place widgets, change background, etc. on the home screen? I HATE this Apple type of customization limitations.

It's good to be alive!

Comment

Originally posted by FlyNNN View Post
                    Speaking of the stock launcher ... I am not a fan. Can someone recommend a launcher reminiscent of earlier versions of Android where I can create folder shortcuts, place widgets, change background, etc. on the home screen? I HATE this Apple type of customization limitations.
                    ATV_Launcher_Pro by DStudio Canada (minimal fee for PRO, but also has a free version) is great launcher for a TVbox, but I also love Lawnchair-2 by deletescape so the TVbox makes my TV look like a Giant tablet (launcher is compatible with remote and mouse functions).

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post

ATV_Launcher_Pro by DStudio Canada (minimal fee for PRO, but also has a free version) is great launcher for a TVbox, but I also love Lawnchair-2 by deletescape so the TVbox makes my TV look like a Giant tablet (launcher is compatible with remote and mouse functions).
                      Thanks for those suggestions. I'll try the ATV first.

It's good to be alive!

Comment

I installed the X96Air_P3_20191220-2048_ATV9_davietPDA_v1.5 and while it works great I really need an unrooted version.

I have tried uninstalling through SuperSu but it either doesnt unroot or reinstalls after reboot

Thanks Thomo

Comment

Have you tried SlimBOX v7 [MEGA.nz] firmware - "managed root access", from changelog.

Comment

Originally posted by mAtvXk View Post
                            Have you tried SlimBOX v7 [MEGA.nz] firmware - "managed root access", from changelog.
                            I pretty new to this if I install that rom does the "managed root access" mean I can remove root or what is the change log ?

Thanks

Comment

I bricked my device, so i can not test it, yes it should have some root switch, atleast that it says in descripton (changelog).

Comment

Originally posted by Thomoxt View Post

I pretty new to this if I install that rom does the "managed root access" mean I can remove root or what is the change log ?

Thanks
                                There is a root ON / root OFF switch in the SlimBox settings

Comment

Working...
                                X