No announcement yet.

X96 Air Amlogic S905X3 Android 9.0 Media Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Install with success with SD Maker ( thanks to ATVx96air )

Now, just two " bug "

Disney+ don't have sound ( HDMI ) ( sound ok with molotov tv for example )
    Netflix not working ( maybe you have apk ? )

Comment

Originally posted by billouetaudrey View Post

Now, just two " bug "

Disney bug is on lot of box because no stereo Your disney apk is 1.6.2 ? connect your box on 5.1 comptatible TV or AVamplifier etc...
      i will put the working apk in a link soon

Comment

Originally posted by Atvx96air View Post

Disney bug is on lot of box because no stereo Your disney apk is 1.6.2 ? connect your box on 5.1 comptatible TV or AVamplifier etc...
        i will put the working apk in a link soon
        1.7.2 found on apkmirror

I don't have 5.1 AVamplifer lol ( Sonos Beam is not compatible with 5.1 )

Comment

Last edited by Atvx96air; 08-23-2020, 01:08.

Comment

Now, just two " bug "

Here

Comment

my wifi won't turn on at all. It looks like it opens and closes after 20 seconds. my device is x96 air _ p2

Comment

I installed 15-20 roms wifi does not turn on. it looks like my wifi files have been deleted. roms do not restore wifi files. there is no hardware problem. I installed coreelec, wifi is working there.

Comment

Originally posted by Satbeginner View Post

Hi,

The file is a TWRP backup, and must be restored from TWRP.
                  In the same post there is a TWRP version that can be put on a SD card, however, I used the TWRP version from this thread.

So I boot into recovery, run TWRP from the external SD, and inside TWRP I install the backup.

I had to put the backup in the box's download directory first, my TWRP did not want to look at SD card to install it.

When I bought my box the P2 version was the one that was currently sold at that time, and when I used the pdaviet version from this thread it worked, so I concluded I have a P2 version.

I don't understand Russian either, but I use Google Chrome, that has an "on-the-fly" translation option, so I can understand what's on the 4PDA site.

Un saludo,

Leo

Satbeginner
                  Hi . . . Would you please be so kind as to give me detailed installation instructions . . . I am stuck

I am not sure how to boot into twrp recovery (3.3.1) from your previous post/s . . . It just does not come up on the PC
                  I'm not sure running the zip file if one must still go via Amlogic Burning Tool . . . . Which I understand seems to be used for .img files and not zip files

I'm wanting to load the SlimBox rom on X96 Air_P2 S905X3
                  Thank you in advance

Comment

I have gone the full hog . . .
                    "Reset Pin" held in and connecting up USB A-A Cable (whilst I'm waiting for TRWP to load from the SD Card) but nothing happens . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Nivan0611 View Post

Satbeginner
                      Hi . . . Would you please be so kind as to give me detailed installation instructions . . . I am stuck

I am not sure how to boot into twrp recovery (3.3.1) from your previous post/s . . . It just does not come up on the PC
                      I'm not sure running the zip file if one must still go via Amlogic Burning Tool . . . . Which I understand seems to be used for .img files and not zip files

I'm wanting to load the SlimBox rom on X96 Air_P2 S905X3
                      Thank you in advance
                      For boot on twrp, just boot to recovery ( with press on reset button ) and flash twrp zip, it will reboot alone to twrp

If you want flash SlimBox, the best is to use Sd Card Maker solution
                      Format your sdcard on fat32 ( with fat32format )
                      then follow this :

Comment

For boot on twrp, just boot to recovery ( with press on reset button ) and flash twrp zip, it will reboot alone to twrp

If you want flash SlimBox, the best is to use Sd Card Maker solution
                        Format your sdcard on fat32 ( with fat32format )
                        then follow this :

https://www.getdroidtips.com/downloa...rn-card-maker/
                        billouetaudrey
                        Thank you for your response and advise, much appreciated
                        1appreciated 1-I have tried the boot method to twrp . . Without success, the device is recognized by the pc but nothing happens . . Just sits there . .
                        2I-I've just read the post you recommended, and will try this method in the morning. . . . I overlooked this method because I wasn't sure to unzip the zip file to get to the image file . . I will try this route, but plz look @3 (below)

3-SlimBox has a patch to load on top of the ATV and/or including the AOSP versions . . . How do u then propose to load these after I have loaded the first (rom) image going the SD Card Method route

Thanks again11

Comment

Hi . . . Good Morning All
                          Currently i am on the (cripples stock rom . . . X96 Air_P2 [S905X3] running Android V9

- I have all the files necessary to flash in zip form placed on my SD Card
                          - I have tried the method via the AV port with the pin on the "Reset" button . . get the click, plugged in my USB cable in the USB-3 port (i get the recognition) sound from the PC that its connected, but nothing further happens !

billouetaudrey (above)
                          I understand this method of the Burn Card way, but from the posts I seem to understand that one needs to boot into the hinged TWRP . . . unless i am not understanding

My only problem is to get into TWRP (hinged) and from there i should be able to navigate my way as I'm quite comfortable in flashing roms on mobile phones . . but for the life of me i just simply cannot get into this TWRP coming up on the PC screen !!! or even getting into the stock recovery !!!

Something don't seem to gel . . .

When I take the box back to my TV . . it boots normal, no problem . . and the SD Card is visible through the file manager and the following files are there:-
                          SlimBox (Rom) . . V7
                          Patch-ATV; and
                          Patch-AOSP; and
                          TRWP (3.3.1 - recommended by Satbeginner) from the posts

What is it that i don't seem to understand . . .

Please can you take my hand and lead me back to kindergarten, and guide me through baby steps

Many Thanks

*Subsequently, I've also connected the USB Burning Tool and then following the AV "Reset" button, followed by the cable to the box . . it says "Connection Success" . . so in this method I am also still waiting for TRWP to come up on the PC . . .

Comment

Maybe it is better to try this way for temporary TWRP (the big difference is that you use "Terminal Emulator" and you don't have to push any switch).

1. Download TWRP from here https://mega.nz/file/UsMyGKKZ#NhWNZV...IhOZW7BC_igzHY

2. Take an sd card or even better a USB stick. Format it to NTFS.

3. From Playstore install application “Terminal Emulator”

4. Copy to your sd card OR the USB stick the file you downloaded in first step (keep it as .zip file !!)

5. In Terminal Emulator write “reboot update” and then press “ENTER”.

6. In the recovery menu that will start you have to choose to update from external source either sd (update from sd) or USB stick (update from udisk). After that you select the file TWRP_322.zip

7. After pressing “ENTER” the box reboots to TWRP (which is temporary). There you choose to backup as many partitions as you wish.

8. When you finish the backup you just Reboot or better shut down the box (and remove the sd or USB stick)

Comment

*Subsequently, I've also connected the USB Burning Tool and then following the AV "Reset" button, followed by the cable to the box . . it says "Connection Success" . . so in this method I am also still waiting for TRWP to come up on the PC . . .
                              TWRP has nothing to do here, you have allready establish connection with tv box and computer trough USB Burning tool !

Download latest SlimBOX v8 firmware (AOSP or ATV), unzip file, start the burning program with .img loaded, connect usb cable while holding reset button and flashing should commence...

Comment

billouetaudrey
                                Thank you for your response and advise, much appreciated
                                1appreciated 1-I have tried the boot method to twrp . . Without success, the device is recognized by the pc but nothing happens . . Just sits there . .
                                2I-I've just read the post you recommended, and will try this method in the morning. . . . I overlooked this method because I wasn't sure to unzip the zip file to get to the image file . . I will try this route, but plz look @3 (below)

3-SlimBox has a patch to load on top of the ATV and/or including the AOSP versions . . . How do u then propose to load these after I have loaded the first (rom) image going the SD Card Method route

Thanks again11
                                You don't need computer ...

For TWRP :

1 - Copy twrp (the zip, without extract )on a sdcard
                                2 - Start your box on recovery ( plug on hdmi tv )
                                3 - Select flash / Choose the zip / Done

For flash ROM :

You need to extract the zip ( to obtain an img ) and with sdcard maker, choose your sdcard and your img.
                                Then boot your box with the sdcard, it will recognize the img and flash it automatically ( don't need to do anything )

For switch to AOSP/ATV, just flash the zip with twrp ( maybe work with stock recovery too, I don't know )

You just need sdcard and keyboard

Comment

Working...
                                X