No announcement yet.

X96 Air Amlogic S905X3 Android 9.0 Media Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do you guys have netflix android tv version work on x96 air p3? I try many way but it's cant run, are there any way guys?

Comment

Is there a ROM with Android 10 for this box (x96 air 4GB RAM 64GB Memory)?

Sent from my LM-G910 using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi everyone.

As everyone here probably knows, there are a ton of different models of this particular box.

Guess what, I have another "new" one. X96 Air Extreme

I started a thread over at xda while I gather information about it.

Hi everyone, Updates: 2021-08-17 - Added patched Magisk boot for this device. (Conceptum Stock ROM) I'm starting this thread to collect information and files regarding this particular version of X96 box and to explain to anyone interested what...

Also found out the version of TWRP for Amlogic I have doesn't work 100% with it. In order to restore my stock rom, I had to use a dd image.

Comment

This is my x96 air. it was bricked. Please help where is the short pin

Sent from my SHV42 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by zokza View Post
            This is my x96 air. it was bricked. Please help where is the short pin...
            X96 air NAND Chip Mask ROM Mode Short Location

Comment

Already unbricked but now it didnt recognize my bluetooth dongle

Sent from my SHV42 using Tapatalk

Comment

Hello, my X96 AIR 4GB / 64GB does not work in any way the hdmi control cee control (TV remote control) It does not work with any firmware or CoreELEC, and when I connect it to the hdmi port of the TV the other hdmi3 and hdmi2 devices your hdmi control option stops working. Strange problem in the X96 Air that when connected to the TV the HDMI CEE Control does not work and also disables this function in the other devices connected to the TV. Does anyone know if this problem can be fixed, I have tried various firmwares and CE but nothing persists the problem. Thanks.

Comment

Hi,

I just received my brand new cheap X96 Air 4/64 (android 10) and it rox but unfortunately ergonomy sux as hell so I tried to downgrade it to android 9 via stock recovery (after burning SD Card with latest AMLogic Burn Card Maker) in order to see if remote navigation in Netflix or MolotovTV (I'm an atomic froggy) was much better.

But no luck, with the remote you never know where the focus is on the screen !
                  Without a keyboard it's almost impossible to navigate even when using the "mouse" function of the remote.

I then decided to update it with the latest BULLGHOST's Hybrid ROM (many many thanks to him), and that's almost perfect (some minor tweaks needed in a further build...) and all of that only via the stock recovery!
                  Again THANK YOU SO MUCH BULLGHOST !

So after reading many many posts from lost users I decided to write here a simple method with all the informations needed for simply and correctly flashing the X96 Air to a better AndroidTV ROM (here a P3 but it will work for any other I guess).
                  And this without connecting it to a PC with USB Burning Tool (that seems to have too many driver issues) nor using TWRP ("hinged" or not...).
                  I hope this will help a lot in many different cases...

Here are the links to download everything needed:

X96Air_P3_20200831-1753.img (Latest Android 9 X96Air_P3 stock firmware, the original Android 10 firmware "X96Air_P3_20200914-1513.img" seems unfortunately unavailable, but we don't care! )
                  The other builds are posted somewhere in previous pages on this thread.

Amlogic_Burn_Card_Maker_v2.0.2.zip (latest)

Bullghost-X96Air-20210125-signed.zip (latest)

Here is the procedure to prepare SD Card for flashing the stock rom:

How to use Amlogic Burn Card Maker

RECOVERY MODE:

1/ unplug AC power adapter
                  2/ remove any plugged peripheral
                  3/ put SD Card in
                  4/ using a toothpick push the reset button which is inside the AV port (see picture below)
                  5/ plug the AC power adaptor without releasing the reset
                  6/ when logo appears release the reset after about 10 seconds

when flashing stock ROM after preparing SD Card with AMLogic Card Burner:
                  7/ the upgrade process starts automatically

when updating with the Bullghost Hybrid ROM:
                  7/ the recovery menu appears, use the remote
                  8/ "Apply update from EXT
                  9/ "Update from SD Card"
                  10/ choose Bullghost-X96Air-20210125-signed.zip
                  11/ reboot

TADA!!!

RESET BUTTON ON X96Air:

Last edited by gorekhaa; 11-15-2021, 21:59.

Comment

Hi, I have X96Air_P3_20200831-1753 and I'm looking to flash some slimbox or ugoos port (maybev0.3.8.1)
                    does anyone knows if it is compatible with the board shown on the pictures?

Comment

Originally posted by xnikos View Post
                      Hi, I have X96Air_P3_20200831-1753 and I'm looking to flash some slimbox or ugoos port (maybev0.3.8.1)
                      does anyone knows if it is compatible with the board shown on the pictures?

https://ibb.co/F5CrTWX
                      I have Tanix Box S905X3 with same
                      RTL 8211F
                      RTL 88X2cs

Tested X96Air_P3 Slim version on Tanix with success
                      Of course i had no front Display / IR remote * Use Logitech K400Plus to navigate
                      Everything worked
                      Ethernet
                      Wifi
                      Blutooth
                      Root

You should have all functions including Front Display / Remote config

** Always know how to unbrick your TV Box before Testing

Happy Testing

Comment

Originally posted by freddy View Post

I have Tanix Box S905X3 with same
                        RTL 8211F
                        RTL 88X2cs

Tested X96Air_P3 Slim version on Tanix with success
                        Of course i had no front Display / IR remote * Use Logitech K400Plus to navigate
                        Everything worked
                        Ethernet
                        Wifi
                        Blutooth
                        Root

You should have all functions including Front Display / Remote config

** Always know how to unbrick your TV Box before Testing

Happy Testing
                        thank you,
                        I succesfully installed sbxtv_x96max_plus2_pie_042_4 whick runs really fine!

Comment

thank you,
                          I succesfully installed sbxtv_x96max_plus2_pie_042_4 whick runs really fine!
                          You are welcome

I see there is no ugslim for P3 so you went with X96 Max Plus 2 version
                          I also test X96 Max Plus 2 version not pie though.

Also from images you have no Heat Dissipate on CPU ???
                          Box came like this?
                          Or you are modding something?

Happy Testing

Comment

Originally posted by freddy View Post

You are welcome

I see there is no ugslim for P3 so you went with X96 Max Plus 2 version
                            I also test X96 Max Plus 2 version not pie though.

Also from images you have no Heat Dissipate on CPU ???
                            Box came like this?
                            Or you are modding something?

Happy Testing
                            I read it was compatible with P3, there are updates already that I'm going to try soon

if you mean the soft white cube for the heat, it's just not in the picture
                            the only thing I did is open some holes on the bottom

Comment

I read it was compatible with P3, there are updates already that I'm going to try soon

if you mean the soft white cube for the heat, it's just not in the picture
                              the only thing I did is open some holes on the bottom

Max plus 2 is compatible with many s905x3

Was looking for the traditional aluminum heat sink
                              Plate with ribs / fins

You have metalic foam
                              So should be good to go
                              Extra holes and cooling fan also are good

These TV Boxes CPU can warm up fast !!!

Happy Testing

Comment

Whats Special with Bullghost Rom?

Comment

Working...
                                X