X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RayZ
    replied
    Originally posted by nvuphi View Post

This Android TV 9 Firmware (FW) is cooked by DaiVietPda (from Vietnam). For commercial purposes, retailers in Vietnam are limited to sharing outward. I tried to extract FW from my box as a backup of TWRP so I could install it to another box through the Restore command of TWRP as well.
    Note: only applies to X96Air_P2_20191017-1917
    I am not responsible for the risks you encounter when installing or losing the warranty.

Prepare:
    - Insert SD Card to TF slot
    - Download TWRP_3.2.2_Android_9.0.zip and save to SD Card
    - Download My Backup FW, extract it and and copy to the card, the path to the firmware on the card should look like this: TWRP\Backups\1234567890\2015-01-01--07-26-31_X96Air_P2_20191017-1917\many files.

(Before starting experiments with firmware, it is recommended to make a full backup of your firmware with TWRP. Tick everywhere except for the system image and vendor image sections, because they are duplicated.)

Through the Power menu app or Reset (hold reset button - inside AV hole - when pluging power), we go in stock recovery
    Move the mouse Apply Update From EXT.
    Update From SDcard.
    Browse to and click on the file TWRP_3.2.2_Android_9.0.zip
    As TWRP boots up, click "Restore / Restore", browse to the firmware located, until you see the sections for recovery, tick should be everywhere, swipe and the firmware has install.
    Thank you so much for your sharing. I just tried and the system works pretty well. But only one thing - the system is not rooted. Hope anyone can share how to root the system or the rooted firmware.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2529.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	0
ID:	792116

Leave a comment:

• nvuphi
    replied
    Originally posted by Atlas_co View Post
    Wonderful !! .. I am very grateful .. it worked. Thank you very much!!
    Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• Atlas_co
    replied
    Wonderful !! .. I am very grateful .. it worked. Thank you very much!!
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Leave a comment:

• nvuphi
    replied

Are you saying that you have made a copy of the firmware with android tv ?? .. if so .. I will try it
    Yes, you can try. Note: only for P2, check yours before try.

Leave a comment:

• Atlas_co
    replied

This Android TV 9 Firmware (FW) is cooked by DaiVietPda (from Vietnam). For commercial purposes, retailers in Vietnam are limited to sharing outward. I tried to extract FW from my box as a backup of TWRP so I could install it to another box through the Restore command of TWRP as well.
    I am not responsible for the risks you encounter when installing or losing the warranty.

Prepare:
    - Download My Backup FW, extract it and and copy to the card, the path to the firmware on the card should look like this: TWRP\Backups\1234567890\2015-01-01--07-26-31_X96Air_P2_20191017-1917\many files.

(Before starting experiments with firmware, it is recommended to make a full backup of your firmware with TWRP. Tick everywhere except for the system image and vendor image sections, because they are duplicated.)

Through the Power menu app or Reset (hold reset button - inside AV hole - when pluging power), we go in stock recovery
    Update From SDcard.
    As TWRP boots up, click "Restore / Restore", browse to the firmware located, until you see the sections for recovery, tick should be everywhere, swipe and the firmware has install.
    Are you saying that you have made a copy of the firmware with android tv ?? .. if so .. I will try it

Leave a comment:

• nvuphi
    replied
    Hi.. I saw this video..

The x96 air with android tv firmware.. ..
    anyone have it or know where to get it ?? ..

Prepare:

Update From SDcard.

Leave a comment:

• doqmyk
    replied
    There are some bugs in Firmware X96 Air_P2_20191017-1917:
    - There is not Bluetooth on/off switch, can not enter Bluetooth Connection preferences in Settings
    - Google Playstore can not update itself, freeze at version 13.1.32-all (O) [PR] 227779152
    - Navigation bar, Status bar/Notification and Quick setting are disable and can not activate.
    Yes, all firmwares have no bluetooth switches (permanently on). As said above, overwrite a new playstore (Phonesky.apk) and maybe a new Search (Velvet.apk) so they will update.

And unfortunately almost all TV boxes have poor implementation of Status Bar and notification. It's an age-old problem of TV Boxes... :-(

Leave a comment:

• doqmyk
    replied
    I have 2 units of X96 Air s905x3 4GB/64GB units that I play with. Here are some firmware tweaking feedbacks :

1. Flashing firmwares:
    P1 - Works smoothly, Bluetooth works quickly, no other significant issues, BUT TV Box front LED doesn't work anymore after some time.
    P2 - Everything works, but not as smoothly.
    P4 - Works smoothly, but Bluetooth doesn't work and hangs.

2. Busybox 1.26 already installed, DO NOT flash the latest one (1.31 I think) because it makes it much slower with some compatibility problems, and if full clean busybox install mode, the screen will flash on subsequent reboot.

3. Upon factory reset (do this first before the next steps), you can use Root Explorer to merge the default Google files with the latest important OpenGapps (ARMx64) files (like PlaysStore Phonesky, PlayServices, Framework, Google Search Velvet, etc) so they can update normally in the future. Have not tried using the OpenGapps TV version instead of Pico, but thinking about it.

4. DO NOT replace the pre-installed Package Installer with Google Package Installer because of some compatibility problems in installing unknown sources.

5. Unfortunately, webview cannot be updated, will try using Root Explorer to replace the default one with the latest OpenGapps one and see if it works (at your own risk). Maybe will update next time if I actually have future time to do it.

Hope it helps. :-)

Leave a comment:

• nvuphi
    replied
    There are some bugs in Firmware X96 Air_P2_20191017-1917:
    - There is not Bluetooth on/off switch, can not enter Bluetooth Connection preferences in Settings
    - Google Playstore can not update itself, freeze at version 13.1.32-all (O) [PR] 227779152
    - Navigation bar, Status bar/Notification and Quick setting are disable and can not activate.
    Last edited by nvuphi; 12-09-2019, 02:48.

Leave a comment:

• kissho1
    replied

This Firmware I received from my retailer: http://www.mediafire.com/file/3br002...91017-1917.img
    I really appreciate this.

Leave a comment:

• Atlas_co
    replied
    Some test of my x96 air.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

Leave a comment:

• nvuphi
    replied
    Originally posted by kissho1 View Post
    Hi.?
    My X96 air has the firmware, X96ar_P2_20191017-1917. How can I download the firmware image or where can I found it?
    This Firmware I received from my retailer: http://www.mediafire.com/file/3br002...91017-1917.img

Leave a comment:

• Atlas_co
    replied
    Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post
    Hmm... looks like the new WeChip V9 with S905x3, but that comes with LPDDR4 and this only comes with DDR3. The voice-remote does look nicer though. Did some digging and it looks like X96 is due to release an S922X box soon, if not by end of year then first quarter of 2020. My verdict is skip this "Air" due to the fact of the low budget DDR3, only 100MB Lan, so get the WeChip or Beelink GT-mini(2) if you want S905x3 with LPDDR4 included.
    In version 4/32 4/64 is lan 1000 and ddr4.. I have t95q 8.1 with 4/64 gigabit and dd4.. and I can say this x96 air is more powerfull overall that my t95q..

At this price is a great opcion. The temperature will could improve with some mod like install a good and cheap disipator.

Leave a comment:

• Air80
    replied
    Originally posted by fazlizaza View Post

Any issue if i flash this firmware
    Basically from what i know firmwares don't match.
    I guess they are different manufacturers for this device with their own set of firmware.
    It's a process of testing and seeing the results.
    If you have the backup and it's working i don't see a reason why not to test it.

Leave a comment:

• fazlizaza
    replied
    Originally posted by Air80 View Post

X96Air_P2_20191017-1917_vita911.rar?
    should be run through TWRP

Installed:
    SquareHome Launcher + IconPack / Live Wallpaper / Weather / Youtube 3 views + stock / HD Videobox / Deezer / TuneIn Radio / GlavTV / TV + HD / KinoHD / PeersTV / LimeHDTV / DTV / LazyIPTV / LMDeluxe / TorrServe / Fry! TV / ParomTV / RT-TV / KinoTrend / KinoTor / SeasonHit / Ace Stream / AdAway / VLC Player / KMPlayer / ViMuPlayer.

Excess / unnecessary can be deleted independently.? In SquareHome, this is done simply, on the "application" screen a long tap on the icon and in the basket.
    Silent butanimation, lower navbar installed.
    To display the weather, indicate your location in the application Transparent clock weather

Tools:
    Bluetooth icon on the desktop: one click on / off.? Long tap - open the settings window / add new bluetooth devices.
    Settings icon: one click - Droid settings.? Long tap - Setting up an account, applications, "white" settings.
    "Broom": one click - CleanUp quick memory cleaning.? Long tap - SD Maid spring cleaning.

?
    Any issue if i flash this firmware

Leave a comment:

Working...
X