No announcement yet.

A95X F3 Amlogic S905x3 8K Video Decode Android 9.0 TV Box RGB Light 4GB/32GB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello guys, is it possible to adjust root settings, right now it auto grants root permission, doesn't ask user, no popup?

Comment

Originally posted by hedehede81 View Post
      Hello guys, is it possible to adjust root settings, right now it auto grants root permission, doesn't ask user, no popup?
      A95X is suppose to have ROOT SWITCH in settings, must manually select, so to turn Off Root access you must activate switch to Off position then click for Restart the device. After restarting the device you will have Root access turned Off if the firmware is functioning correctly. If Restart button is not in "About device" Settings then you must install Terminal app and type reboot then press ENTER for proper Restart function.

Comment

Hallo from Slovenia. I have problem with this box . I do not use Bloototh, also no connection on BT. But box have problem with BT and wrote that have problem with BT program and that they start and stop many times. Than i can stop this BT aplication. But i check all, is some possibility to permanent stop BT app. ? I have last firmware !

Comment

Hallo from Slovenia. I have problem with this box . I do not use Bloototh, also no connection on BT. But box have problem with BT and wrote that have problem with BT program and that they start and stop many times. Than i can stop this BT aplication. But i check all, is some possibility to permanent stop BT app. ? I have last firmware !

Sorry for my English it is not my native language.

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post

A95X is suppose to have ROOT SWITCH in settings, must manually select, so to turn Off Root access you must activate switch to Off position then click for Restart the device. After restarting the device you will have Root access turned Off if the firmware is functioning correctly. If Restart button is not in "About device" Settings then you must install Terminal app and type reboot then press ENTER for proper Restart function.
            I know how to turn off root. I ask if it is possible to leave root on and to have a popup asking "do you want to grant root access to this app?" Right now, any app is granted root access without asking user.

Comment

I know how to turn off root. I ask if it is possible to leave root on and to have a popup asking "do you want to grant root access to this app?" Right now, any app is granted root access without asking user.
              If you run a "Check Root" app and it says the Root binary is SuperSU 2.72, then you can install SuperSU app to control the popups that allow/deny Root access to apps. The one problem is that the SuperSU app is 2.81 version and it will always ask for you to update its binary, which you can never do or it will brick your device.

I didn't buy this device because of the fact of it having DDR3, but with my experience with other Amlogic devices most all generally use the SuperSU 2.72 binary and you can install the SuperSU app.

Note: if SuperSU apk installs correctly then first thing is go directly to settings and "allow system apps Root access" and "allow Root acces at start-up" both of which are 2 check boxes in the settings.

Comment

If you run a "Check Root" app and it says the Root binary is SuperSU 2.72, then you can install SuperSU app to control the popups that allow/deny Root access to apps. The one problem is that the SuperSU app is 2.81 version and it will always ask for you to update its binary, which you can never do or it will brick your device.

I didn't buy this device because of the fact of it having DDR3, but with my experience with other Amlogic devices most all generally use the SuperSU 2.72 binary and you can install the SuperSU app.

Note: if SuperSU apk installs correctly then first thing is go directly to settings and "allow system apps Root access" and "allow Root acces at start-up" both of which are 2 check boxes in the settings.
                Thanks for detailed reply. I installed check root and it said SuperSU 2.76. So I installed SuperSU 2.76 apk it still asked for update root binary. I say no. And it still works, gives prompt now. Why it still needs update? Can I disable update prompt? And I was scared to reboot with SuperSU installed, would it cause bootloop?

Comment

Originally posted by Rajan2002 View Post
                  Hello Friends
                  i recently bought this box. Its an excellent box but i i r into issues when i tried installing Magisk. Box went into boot loop. I do not have the stock firmware. I tried using other S905X3 firmware but Amlogic USB tool gets stuck at 1% DDR Download with errors. Really need help to get stock firmware for this unit. Please help
                  I had same problem. uncheck the erase rom of usb burning tool. this will clear the problem.

Comment

Thanks for detailed reply. I installed check root and it said SuperSU 2.76. So I installed SuperSU 2.76 apk it still asked for update root binary. I say no. And it still works, gives prompt now. Why it still needs update?
                    Because app probably is calling the API to see what version is the most current release of SuperSU and trying to get you to update, just never do it.
                    Can I disable update prompt?
                    The prompt in Notifications can be disabled by turning of Notifications for SuperSU apk, this will stop the prompt from putting the SuperSU symbol in status bar, and it App will still work correctly when it needs to show prompts, but the Update prompt will always show when the SU app is opened directly so be careful when opening SuperSU.

And I was scared to reboot with SuperSU installed, would it cause bootloop?
                    If you checked "ON" the settings that I mentioned in last reply then you will be fine.

Sidenote: Another thing I do after adding SuperSU.apk is update the BusyBox binary with Stericson's latest version.

Comment

Because app probably is calling the API to see what version is the most current release of SuperSU and trying to get you to update, just never do it.

The prompt in Notifications can be disabled by turning of Notifications for SuperSU apk, this will stop the prompt from putting the SuperSU symbol in status bar, and it App will still work correctly when it needs to show prompts, but the Update prompt will always show when the SU app is opened directly so be careful when opening SuperSU.

If you checked "ON" the settings that I mentioned in last reply then you will be fine.

Sidenote: Another thing I do after adding SuperSU.apk is update the BusyBox binary with Stericson's latest version.
                      many thanks again. I think there is a patched SuperSU app that doesn't nag about updates, do you know where I can find it?

Comment

I bought this box And it's always blocking and restarts itself .

Anyone with this problem???

Any idea to solve???
                        Last edited by krazeus; 11-24-2019, 13:03.

Comment

krazeus try doing a factory reset, that's about all i know. I bought the same box and it works really well so far got it from AliExpress, my last box was the A95xF2 bought it from GeekBuying and it never worked, no WiFi or Ethernet connection. Can i ask where did you buy it from? Seems like i have good luck buying my electronic things for AliExpress...

Comment

Originally posted by masher17 View Post
                            krazeus try doing a factory reset, that's about all i know. I bought the same box and it works really well so far got it from AliExpress, my last box was the A95xF2 bought it from GeekBuying and it never worked, no WiFi or Ethernet connection. Can i ask where did you buy it from? Seems like i have good luck buying my electronic things for AliExpress...
                            I've done this and installed the rom and continues to block and restarts

Comment

Originally posted by krazeus View Post
                              I've done this and installed the rom and continues to block and restarts
                              what do you mean by block, it hangs? which app crashes the device and restarts? does it happen when you turn off root?

Comment

It freezes what you are doing in the TV box and after 3 to 5 seconds restart

It happens even without opening any app

Tried with root on and off

Comment

Working...
                                X