A95X F3 Amlogic S905x3 8K Video Decode Android 9.0 TV Box RGB Light 4GB/32GB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by saenfry View Post

in tutorial dtb.img places in root folder ?
    what method you access coreelec i try with terminal emulator with command reboot update
    Yes dtb image goes to root of sd card where the program is!you dont need any emulator to acces the box. just make the image with rufus p open dtbthe the usb/sdcard that you installed the program(coreelec) open device tree folder and take the right .img file rename it to dtb.img and place it in root folder .thats it now place the card/usb in your android box and youre done! Sry for my english

Comment

Can anyone make the A95x F3 Air boot animation stock available (car boot)??? I need it, because I installed a stock firmware here S905X3 of the A95x F3 and it has a boot animation written "Android".

Comment

If someone has the "BT stopped working" error message when the box starts just turn on the wireless (even if you use ethernet cable)

Can i remove the startup car animation ?? Hate it !

Thank you

Comment

Hello I am new to this, I have an A95X F3 and I would like to pass it to COREELEC, I have tried it but it only works from the fully operational SD card, but I want it to work without SD from the internal EMMC, I have tried to record it with PUTTY with the CEEMMC commands -X, -V, -XV and I have not achieved anything, the device tree I use is the "sm1_s905x3_4g_1gbit.dtb", any solution ???

I don't know if this is where I have to ask this topic, if not, can you tell me where to do it.

Sorry for my English, it is a translator, I am Spanish.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
            Hello I am new to this, I have an A95X F3 and I would like to pass it to COREELEC, I have tried it but it only works from the fully operational SD card, but I want it to work without SD from the internal EMMC, I have tried to record it with PUTTY with the CEEMMC commands -X, -V, -XV and I have not achieved anything, the device tree I use is the "sm1_s905x3_4g_1gbit.dtb", any solution ???

I don't know if this is where I have to ask this topic, if not, can you tell me where to do it.

Sorry for my English, it is a translator, I am Spanish.

Thanks in advance.
            Quote from CoreELEC team member for this device: "No internal CoreELEC eMMC installs have succeeded due to a possible encrypted bootloader."

I prefer to run CE from a Samsung USB-3.0 drive either 16GB up to 64GB, even if device will only boot from USB-2.0_OTG-port, and never install it to eMMC unless you are using a SBC board like the Odroid-N2 or Khadas VIM3L.

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post

Quote from CoreELEC team member for this device: "No internal CoreELEC eMMC installs have succeeded due to a possible encrypted bootloader."

I prefer to run CE from a Samsung USB-3.0 drive either 16GB up to 64GB, even if device will only boot from USB-2.0_OTG-port, and never install it to eMMC unless you are using a SBC board like the Odroid-N2 or Khadas VIM3L.
              Is there anything special you have to do to get it to boot from the USB drive?

Comment

Originally posted by lightsout View Post
                Is there anything special you have to do to get it to boot from the USB drive?
                I don't have this specific device.... So assuming you already know how to make a bootable USB drive with the CE firmware plus Etcher software, just insert USB into the OTG port if it is marked(if not marked do the 2.0 first then try the 3.0) and use the "Reboot to LibreELEC" APP that is on Play Store and see if it will boot to CoreELEC, if that fails try command line <type# reboot update > if that fails unplug device and hold reset button with Sim Extractor or Toothpick and and plug device back in and should boot up and show CoreELEC splash screen. I believe someone said on CoreELEC forum that had this device they used SDcard and the Reboot App and device worked with CoreELEC, so should work with USB as well.

Comment

I don't have this specific device.... So assuming you already know how to make a bootable USB drive with the CE firmware plus Etcher software, just insert USB into the OTG port if it is marked(if not marked do the 2.0 first then try the 3.0) and use the "Reboot to LibreELEC" APP that is on Play Store and see if it will boot to CoreELEC, if that fails try command line if that fails unplug device and hold reset button with Sim Extractor or Toothpick and and plug device back in and should boot up and show CoreELEC splash screen. I believe someone said on CoreELEC forum that had this device they used SDcard and the Reboot App and device worked with CoreELEC, so should work with USB as well.
                  Thanks, I have an X2 cube on the way and have had a hard time nailing down how dual booting is done with two types of storage.

I assume something like this would have to be done at every reboot? At least dual booting is an option I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by lightsout View Post
                    Thanks, I have an X2 cube on the way and have had a hard time nailing down how dual booting is done with two types of storage.
                    I assume something like this would have to be done at every reboot? At least dual booting is an option I suppose.
                    Well that is a completely different topic, the X2 Cube has a recent firmware release with DUAL-BOOT from eMMC made by Ugoos Team, and according to CoreELEC forum and CE Team it is not done properly with the partition sizes not the correct size. So, it is still best done with a SDcard or USB-drive to boot CoreELEC and leave Android alone on eMMC. If you get the Reboot-To-LibreELEC.apk then should be fine to boot from Android to CoreELEC, and CE is smart enough to have option to Reboot back to Android. Hopefully you don't have the DUAL-BOOT firmware when your device arrives and can just start using CoreELEC the standard way with a secondary storage device.

Comment

Well that is a completely different topic, the X2 Cube has a recent firmware release with DUAL-BOOT from eMMC made by Ugoos Team, and according to CoreELEC forum and CE Team it is not done properly with the partition sizes not the correct size. So, it is still best done with a SDcard or USB-drive to boot CoreELEC and leave Android alone on eMMC. If you get the Reboot-To-LibreELEC.apk then should be fine to boot from Android to CoreELEC, and CE is smart enough to have option to Reboot back to Android. Hopefully you don't have the DUAL-BOOT firmware when your device arrives and can just start using CoreELEC the standard way with a secondary storage device.
                      No I understand thats why I mentioned dual booting with two storage types. I saw what the CE team said about the firmware but I will probably try it anyways. I believe they were just
                      commenting that the partition was not totally untouched. Also there is only 1.5gb for the CE partition which has caused trouble for some. I'll play around with it whenever I show up. There is
                      a rom here that has CE and Android TV which would be ideal for me. Not sure I would ever use a table OS on a TV. Seems pretty painful.

Comment

Hey everyone, I tried GeForce Now and I was shocked how good this runs but unfortunately after a while I get only audio with black screen (after a while it fixes by itself but then again). I tried ethernet and lowering resolution thinking overheating but the device plays even 8k video and GeforceNow is just video stream right? Anyone else tried it? Here's the official app
                        https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...dia.geforcenow

Comment

My A95X F3 RGB came yesterday, only to be frustrated with a bricked box, stuck on boot, just showing the A95X logo.
                          Tried various firmware images , but, stuck on recovery mode Droidlogic ..............etc . Tried to boot from ext sd card, To no vail.
                          I have wiped the partition and created a new fat partition on the sd cards, prior to burning.

Comment

cikkucippic send it back my friend, i had a A95XF2 that was messed up, no WiFi or Ethernet connection would work, i got my money back, it was from Gearbest

Comment

Last firmware 2020 for A95X F3 RGB Light makes have problems in Kodi.
                              This firmware makes small cubes in IPTV Simple Client. Not on all channels, but it does. In my second box, other brands don't.
                              I installed the previous firmware 20191017 and it's okay here.
                              Does anyone have a this experience?

Comment

Gante my A95X F3 RGB Light mine has the firmware 2019.11.25 and runs well, i keep getting a system firmware update to 2020.03.06 ..and did you update to that firmware?

I haven't updated mine cause i think it my have problems if i do.

Comment

Working...
                                X