X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RiCkLaR_atvX
    replied
    Originally posted by lightsout View Post
    Thanks, I have an X2 cube on the way and have had a hard time nailing down how dual booting is done with two types of storage.
    I assume something like this would have to be done at every reboot? At least dual booting is an option I suppose.
    Well that is a completely different topic, the X2 Cube has a recent firmware release with DUAL-BOOT from eMMC made by Ugoos Team, and according to CoreELEC forum and CE Team it is not done properly with the partition sizes not the correct size. So, it is still best done with a SDcard or USB-drive to boot CoreELEC and leave Android alone on eMMC. If you get the Reboot-To-LibreELEC.apk then should be fine to boot from Android to CoreELEC, and CE is smart enough to have option to Reboot back to Android. Hopefully you don't have the DUAL-BOOT firmware when your device arrives and can just start using CoreELEC the standard way with a secondary storage device.

Leave a comment:

• lightsout
    replied
    Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post

I don't have this specific device.... So assuming you already know how to make a bootable USB drive with the CE firmware plus Etcher software, just insert USB into the OTG port if it is marked(if not marked do the 2.0 first then try the 3.0) and use the "Reboot to LibreELEC" APP that is on Play Store and see if it will boot to CoreELEC, if that fails try command line if that fails unplug device and hold reset button with Sim Extractor or Toothpick and and plug device back in and should boot up and show CoreELEC splash screen. I believe someone said on CoreELEC forum that had this device they used SDcard and the Reboot App and device worked with CoreELEC, so should work with USB as well.
    Thanks, I have an X2 cube on the way and have had a hard time nailing down how dual booting is done with two types of storage.

I assume something like this would have to be done at every reboot? At least dual booting is an option I suppose.

Leave a comment:

• RiCkLaR_atvX
    replied
    Originally posted by lightsout View Post
    Is there anything special you have to do to get it to boot from the USB drive?
    I don't have this specific device.... So assuming you already know how to make a bootable USB drive with the CE firmware plus Etcher software, just insert USB into the OTG port if it is marked(if not marked do the 2.0 first then try the 3.0) and use the "Reboot to LibreELEC" APP that is on Play Store and see if it will boot to CoreELEC, if that fails try command line <type# reboot update > if that fails unplug device and hold reset button with Sim Extractor or Toothpick and and plug device back in and should boot up and show CoreELEC splash screen. I believe someone said on CoreELEC forum that had this device they used SDcard and the Reboot App and device worked with CoreELEC, so should work with USB as well.

Leave a comment:

• lightsout
    replied
    Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post

Quote from CoreELEC team member for this device: "No internal CoreELEC eMMC installs have succeeded due to a possible encrypted bootloader."

I prefer to run CE from a Samsung USB-3.0 drive either 16GB up to 64GB, even if device will only boot from USB-2.0_OTG-port, and never install it to eMMC unless you are using a SBC board like the Odroid-N2 or Khadas VIM3L.
    Is there anything special you have to do to get it to boot from the USB drive?

Leave a comment:

• RiCkLaR_atvX
    replied
    Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    Hello I am new to this, I have an A95X F3 and I would like to pass it to COREELEC, I have tried it but it only works from the fully operational SD card, but I want it to work without SD from the internal EMMC, I have tried to record it with PUTTY with the CEEMMC commands -X, -V, -XV and I have not achieved anything, the device tree I use is the "sm1_s905x3_4g_1gbit.dtb", any solution ???

I don't know if this is where I have to ask this topic, if not, can you tell me where to do it.

Sorry for my English, it is a translator, I am Spanish.

Thanks in advance.
    Quote from CoreELEC team member for this device: "No internal CoreELEC eMMC installs have succeeded due to a possible encrypted bootloader."

I prefer to run CE from a Samsung USB-3.0 drive either 16GB up to 64GB, even if device will only boot from USB-2.0_OTG-port, and never install it to eMMC unless you are using a SBC board like the Odroid-N2 or Khadas VIM3L.

Leave a comment:

• geiper-41@hotmail.com
    replied
    Hello I am new to this, I have an A95X F3 and I would like to pass it to COREELEC, I have tried it but it only works from the fully operational SD card, but I want it to work without SD from the internal EMMC, I have tried to record it with PUTTY with the CEEMMC commands -X, -V, -XV and I have not achieved anything, the device tree I use is the "sm1_s905x3_4g_1gbit.dtb", any solution ???

I don't know if this is where I have to ask this topic, if not, can you tell me where to do it.

Sorry for my English, it is a translator, I am Spanish.

Thanks in advance.

Leave a comment:

• Dr.No.pt
    replied
    If someone has the "BT stopped working" error message when the box starts just turn on the wireless (even if you use ethernet cable)

Can i remove the startup car animation ?? Hate it !

Thank you

Leave a comment:

• Nigel
    replied
    Can anyone make the A95x F3 Air boot animation stock available (car boot)??? I need it, because I installed a stock firmware here S905X3 of the A95x F3 and it has a boot animation written "Android".

Leave a comment:

• Takisxx
    replied
    Originally posted by saenfry View Post

in tutorial dtb.img places in root folder ?
    what method you access coreelec i try with terminal emulator with command reboot update
    Yes dtb image goes to root of sd card where the program is!you dont need any emulator to acces the box. just make the image with rufus p open dtbthe the usb/sdcard that you installed the program(coreelec) open device tree folder and take the right .img file rename it to dtb.img and place it in root folder .thats it now place the card/usb in your android box and youre done! Sry for my english

Leave a comment:

• saenfry
    replied
    Originally posted by Takisxx View Post

there is a intall guide step by step https://discourse.coreelec.org/t/how...l-coreelec/677

i install it on micro sd card 2 gb for test
    with this device tree s905x3_4g and i rename it as dtb.img and i droped it at corelled folder
    in tutorial dtb.img places in root folder ?
    what method you access coreelec i try with terminal emulator with command reboot update

Leave a comment:

• Takisxx
    replied

yes. with usb flash drive or micro sd do you use?

??????would you mind to try using latest stable version? and give tutorial..
    there is a intall guide step by step https://discourse.coreelec.org/t/how...l-coreelec/677

i install it on micro sd card 2 gb for test
    with this device tree s905x3_4g and i rename it as dtb.img and i droped it at corelled folder

Leave a comment:

• saenfry
    replied

i just install it with the same dtb as you. and work corectly.you rename it as dtb.img???
    yes. with usb flash drive or micro sd do you use?

??????would you mind to try using latest stable version? and give tutorial..

Leave a comment:

• Takisxx
    replied
    my stb stuck in this situation

i choose stable build and choose s905x3_4g. i use usb disk for this build
    i just install it with the same dtb as you. and work corectly.you rename it as dtb.img???

Leave a comment:

• Takisxx
    replied
    You place the right device tree and you rename it? Check it twice mate

Leave a comment:

• saenfry
    replied

Here is the guide,download and what you need.read carefully.enjoy. coreelec.org
    my stb stuck in this situation

i choose stable build and choose s905x3_4g. i use usb disk for this build

Leave a comment:

Working...
X