TANIX TX3 Amlogic S905x3 8K Video Decode Android 9.0 TV Box 2GB/16GB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kaatrea View Post
    Can anyone share any link/guide how to root this box? Mine came unrooted somehow. TX3 S905x3 4/32.
    It is possible your device has an old ROM version and just needs to be updated. Try searching for OTA with the internal Update app. Tanix usually always allows there devices to have Root access by default.

One thing to note, is sometimes these TV box companies host their update ROM's on Chinese Firmware hosting sites, which in my case my ASUS router would flag it as maleware site and not download OTA updates. So to get around that with Android 9 you go into settings and use Cloudflare DNS in the Private DNS setting input one.one.one.one

If that doesn't help, look for a custom ROM that works with your device.

Comment

Please advise what is the available resolution for Netflix in this device?

Comment

I'm planning on buying this device. Can anyone share their experience using this device. Is the 5G wifi doing well?

Comment

Originally posted by prisoner0093 View Post
          I'm planning on buying this device. Can anyone share their experience using this device. Is the 5G wifi doing well?
          Get the Tanix TX5-Plus with S905x3 cpu, it is virtually the same box but with a better WiFi chip module, check Amazon, as far as I know Amazon and Gearbest are the only official suppliers of Tanix TvBoxes, cause all others are coming from third-party resellers. I did read a complaint about the TX3 WiFi being weak in another forum thread. Only have first-hand knowledge with using the TX5 and it had decent WiFi capabilities.

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post

Get the Tanix TX5-Plus with S905x3 cpu, it is virtually the same box but with a better WiFi chip module, check Amazon, as far as I know Amazon and Gearbest are the only official suppliers of Tanix TvBoxes, cause all others are coming from third-party resellers. I did read a complaint about the TX3 WiFi being weak in another forum thread. Only have first-hand knowledge with using the TX5 and it had decent WiFi capabilities.
            Too bad TX-5 Plus not available on my county. I guess I stick with LAN cable.

Comment

The 5G wifi chip on this is really weak. The box is literally beside the router and yet i can only get 50Mb/s.
              Last edited by kaatrea; 06-01-2020, 05:12.

Comment

It is possible your device has an old ROM version and just needs to be updated. Try searching for OTA with the internal Update app. Tanix usually always allows there devices to have Root access by default.

One thing to note, is sometimes these TV box companies host their update ROM's on Chinese Firmware hosting sites, which in my case my ASUS router would flag it as maleware site and not download OTA updates. So to get around that with Android 9 you go into settings and use Cloudflare DNS in the Private DNS setting input one.one.one.one

If that doesn't help, look for a custom ROM that works with your device.
                Thank you for this but there is no update, The box came rooted apparently but the seller removed the root and he has mentioned this in the page. I overlooked this portion and bought it thinking there is a root switch.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	c503ed94-3fc5-425c-96bc-927f0950f6a2.__CR0,0,970,600_PT0_SX970_V1___.jpg Views:	0 Size:	51.7 KB ID:	810575

"Soon available at Amazon marketplaces." ...

Currently sold (only) in EU on Amazon .ES, .IT and .FR (15% off code: IM8BEOFG) ...

Comment

hallo to everyone!
                    I have bought this box, not bad... But...
                    i have spent some hours trying to gain RW permission on /system folder... (for edit hosts, add/rem stuff etc)
                    can anyone help me?
                    i've already tried with what i find googling...
                    On another tvbox Y4 with android 9 I have no problems...
                    tests are made with wifi adb

this is my main results:
                    in italic the shell responses and [my comments]

adb root
                    restarting adbd as root [OK]

adb shell mount -o rw,remount /system
                    mount: '/system' not in /proc/mounts??????? [NOT OK so what in proc/mounts?]

adb shell cat /proc/mounts

/dev/root / ext4 ro,seclabel,relatime,block_validity,delalloc,barri er,user_xattr,acl 0 0
                    devtmpfs /dev devtmpfs rw,seclabel,relatime,size=1981572k,nr_inodes=18208 3,mode=755 0 0
                    tmpfs /dev tmpfs rw,seclabel,nosuid,relatime,mode=755 0 0
                    devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,seclabel,relatime,mode=600,ptmxmode=000 0 0
                    proc /proc proc rw,relatime 0 0
                    sysfs /sys sysfs rw,seclabel,relatime 0 0
                    selinuxfs /sys/fs/selinux selinuxfs rw,relatime 0 0
                    tmpfs /mnt tmpfs rw,seclabel,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,mode=755, gid=1000 0 0
                    /dev/block/odm /odm ext4 ro,seclabel,relatime,block_validity,delalloc,barri er,user_xattr,acl,inode_readahead_blks=8 0 0
                    /dev/block/product /product ext4 ro,seclabel,relatime,block_validity,delalloc,barri er,user_xattr,acl,inode_readahead_blks=8 0 0
                    /dev/block/vendor /vendor ext4 ro,seclabel,relatime,block_validity,delalloc,barri er,user_xattr,acl,inode_readahead_blks=8 0 0
                    none /acct cgroup rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,cpuacct 0 0
                    /sys/kernel/debug /sys/kernel/debug debugfs rw,seclabel,relatime,mode=755 0 0
                    configfs /sys/kernel/config configfs rw,relatime 0 0
                    none /dev/stune cgroup rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,schedtune 0 0
                    none /config configfs rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime 0 0
                    none /dev/cpuctl cgroup rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,cpu 0 0
                    none /dev/cpuset cgroup rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,cpuset,noprefix,re lease_agent=/sbin/cpuset_release_agent 0 0
                    cg2_bpf /dev/cg2_bpf cgroup2 rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime 0 0
                    bpf /sys/fs/bpf bpf rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime 0 0
                    pstore /sys/fs/pstore pstore rw,seclabel,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime 0 0
                    tracefs /sys/kernel/debug/tracing tracefs rw,seclabel,relatime 0 0
                    /dev/block/data /data ext4 rw,seclabel,nosuid,nodev,noatime,nodelalloc,resgid =1065,errors=panic,data=ordered 0 0
                    /dev/block/cache /cache ext4 rw,seclabel,nosuid,nodev,noatime,nodelalloc,errors =panic,data=ordered 0 0
                    /dev/block/metadata /metadata ext4 rw,seclabel,nosuid,nodev,noatime,nodelalloc,errors =panic,data=ordered 0 0
                    /dev/block/param /mnt/vendor/param ext4 rw,seclabel,nosuid,nodev,noatime,nodelalloc,errors =panic,data=ordered 0 0
                    /dev/block/tee /mnt/vendor/tee ext4 rw,seclabel,nosuid,nodev,noatime,nodelalloc,errors =panic,data=ordered 0 0
                    tmpfs /storage tmpfs rw,seclabel,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,mode=755, gid=1000 0 0
                    adb /dev/usb-ffs/adb functionfs rw,relatime 0 0
                    /data/media /mnt/runtime/default/emulated sdcardfs rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,noatime,fsuid=1023,fsgid=10 23,gid=1015,multiuser,mask=6,derive_gid,default_no rmal 0 0
                    /data/media /storage/emulated sdcardfs rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,noatime,fsuid=1023,fsgid=10 23,gid=1015,multiuser,mask=6,derive_gid,default_no rmal 0 0
                    /data/media /mnt/runtime/read/emulated sdcardfs rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,noatime,fsuid=1023,fsgid=10 23,gid=9997,multiuser,mask=23,derive_gid,default_n ormal 0 0
                    /data/media /mnt/runtime/write/emulated sdcardfs rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,noatime,fsuid=1023,fsgid=10 23,gid=9997,multiuser,mask=7,derive_gid,default_no rmal 0 0

[so lets try other combinations]

adb shell mount -o rw,remount /dev/root
                    mount: '/dev/root'->'/': Invalid argument [tried also with others ro lines without results]

[tried with this (adb disable-verity)without solving...]

Rebooting in recovery i can see an option to mount /system, but i have no adb access (wifi or a-a usb) maybe i can do somethig here via an update file?

any ideas?
                    thanks to everyone!

[EDIT][self-solved]

managed my troubles with this TWRP, mounted system (from mount button) and set it rw via terminal with this command
                    mount -o rw,remount /dev/root /

then via twrp terminal and twrp file manager i can do all my stuff (first of all place an adaway-ted hosts file!)

i hope this helps someone!
                    bye!
                    Last edited by AltCtrlDroid; 11-01-2020, 21:53. Reason: [self-solved]

Comment

try this command at first
                      echo 1 > /sys/class/remount/need_remount

Comment

Working...
                      X