Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Magicsee N5 Plus Android 9.0 Amlogic S905X3 4GB RAM 64GB Dual-band WiFi USB 3.0 SSD Hard Drive Expansion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I must agree with 5p0ng3b0b, the factory firmware is horrible.
    Main thing I noticed was any version of Kodi does not fill the screen, leaves black bars down the right hand side and along the bottom. I tried with a few forks and originals Krypton, and Leia, both 32 and 64 bit versions. All I could find about it says it is because of the writeover of the cpu stats like speed and temp for the notification bar. No way around it apparently.

I flashed the BZ-TX3-20191130_ATV9_davietPDA ATV ROM from pda. (Android TV 9)
    https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?show...#entry92946437
    Very minimal and very fast.
    I used the BZ version (same as the TX3 ROM I downloaded).
    There is some mention that the Ethernet may not work, but I only use WiFi so haven't checked.
    However, as soon as I moved my N5 from the office to the lounge room my WiFi went to crap.
    I copied the remote-0xfe01.tab file from my original factory ROM to /vendor/etc renamed the remote.tab1 to remote.tab1.old and renamed remote-0xfe01.tab to remote.tab1 rebooted and remote works perfectly and no issues with affecting anything else either.
    Language is set to Russian so go to settings and change first up. (Language is the icon that looks a bit like a globe).

Then I tried
    SLIMBOX N5MAX X3 ATV OTA
    https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?show...ost&p=93085504
    First install the N5MAX_X3_152_MGCTV15220191225_8822BS_100M_Magicsee firmware from the manufacturer site and let it load at least once and connect to your WiFi, then flash the SLIMBOX-N5MAX-X3-ATV-OTA zip with TWRP. It says can use stock recovery to do it as well, but I used TWRP.
    After running for a few weeks I can say it works great! Hasn't crashed, WiFi great, Very responsive!

Only thing is when I went to pair my new BT keyboard I couldn't see the pairing key. Went into settings and turned on High Contrast and tried again and could see fine. Then disabled afterwards.
    Definitely recommend Slimbox!
    Last edited by r17019; 03-21-2020, 00:07.

Comment

Hi!

I installed this firmware: PureFusionATV_u214.Y8_MAX_1000M_9.0.2020.01.13.11. 17-TEST68

The process was successful 100%, but after installing there was no screen on tv. Back to the PC and I wanted reinstall the original firmware, but the usb tool did not recognized the hardware anymore. I tried to ask an advice from Magicsee but they did not react.
      Do you know what do I have to do with the panel for unbrick?

Comment

Hi,
        I have a N5PLUS S905X3, but the stock firmware is constantly freezing.
        Is SLIMBOX-system-ATV-ver5.1 suitable for this box?
        Can someone please give me detailed instructions on how to update? I am kind of new to this and I am afraid I am going to brick it.
        I have downloaded the files from 4pda.ru but I don't know which vendor file I have to use

Thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
        X