Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CoreElec / LibreElec builds for GT1 Mini 2 S905X3 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sogoku_vn View Post
    I just installed CE on box TX3 s905x3 2/16 and Netflix addon. But when I watched Witcher series on Netflix 1080p, It not smooth frame about 18 20 fps when many action scene sometimes sound faster than picture while CPU ~ 95 100%, not well. What about your CE firmware ? Sorry my bad English
    Could it be network performance issue instead of CPU ? Do a speed test in CE itself.

Comment

Originally posted by mctiew View Post

Could it be network performance issue instead of CPU ? Do a speed test in CE itself.
      I used wifi and lan, the result was same, not smooth and cpu 98 100%. I changed to 720p it's smooth

Comment

I used wifi and lan, the result was same, not smooth and cpu 98 100%. I changed to 720p it's smooth
        Another thing would be frame rate. Check if playing with enable or disable autoframe(fixed to a particular frame rate) will help or not.

Comment

Another thing would be frame rate. Check if playing with enable or disable autoframe(fixed to a particular frame rate) will help or not.
          how to disable auto frame rate

Comment

how to disable auto frame rate
            Setting->Player->Video->Adjust display refresh rate
            ( It is not just about disable autoframe rate. It is about trying different settings to see if one would improve).

Comment

Setting->Player->Video->Adjust display refresh rate
              ( It is not just about disable autoframe rate. It is about trying different settings to see if one would improve).
              I turn on/off nothing change, play not well, not smooth,cpu ~98 100%

Comment

I turn on/off nothing change, play not well, not smooth,cpu ~98 100%
                When you disabled auto adjustment of display refresh rate, go to this config :-

Settings->system->display->refresh rate

Try one-by-one available refresh rates to see if one of them improves.

Comment

I purchased a faster microSD card, and reinstalled everything. I just installed Netflix again to test "The Witcher".
                  I am running CoreELEC version from Dec. 30, 20-19. The Witcher is running in 1080p mode with DD+ audio and subtitles enabled. It is playing perfectly, no lags or audio/video out of sync....

I did not make any changes in the video settings, just changed the audio settings to use HD audio......
                  This is running on a Beelink GT1 Mini 2 with Amlogic S905X3. With MinixFreak's ATV version 4 Android OS...........

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	778
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	794091Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	681
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	794092Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	784
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	794093Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	699
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	794094Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	695
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	794095
                  MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
                    I purchased a faster microSD card, and reinstalled everything. I just installed Netflix again to test "The Witcher".
                    I am running CoreELEC version from Dec. 30, 20-19. The Witcher is running in 1080p mode with DD+ audio and subtitles enabled. It is playing perfectly, no lags or audio/video out of sync....

I did not make any changes in the video settings, just changed the audio settings to use HD audio......
                    This is running on a Beelink GT1 Mini 2 with Amlogic S905X3. With MinixFreak's ATV version 4 Android OS...........

[/ATTACH]
                    So one of these contributed to the better performance :-

1. ddr4 Vs ddr3.
                    2. Better sdcard vs ...
                    3. Maybe Beelink uses higher CPU clock speed

Comment

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	778
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	794091Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	681
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	794092Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	784
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	794093Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	699
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	794094Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	695
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	794095
                      Netflix fullHD, not smooth, CPU 100%

Name:	201936519935-bb51-4b22-87f7-75d6d518a927.jpg
Views:	607
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	794136
                      720p, smooth, play well

Name:	20196058337f-2fb6-441f-90cf-330c3eff9ef8.jpg
Views:	590
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	794137
                      CPU clock same Beelink 1.9Ghz but DDR3, Tonight I will test with faster uSD SamSung EVO U1.
                      How to show this info,

I pressed Ctrl+Shilf+O but only

Name:	99cbda560e73f592030d8467783a95df37fed362.png
Views:	597
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	794138

Comment

sogoku_vn , I never noticed the difference when I clicked "o". It must be the skin that I am using. I am using the Embuary skin.
                        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

I believe there is one more factor to the equation, ie the TV which your box is connected to. If you are connected to a fair recent TV, capable of 4K, maybe it should be a non-issue. But if you are using an older TV, there is really no guarantee that the TV could be smooth at a particular refresh rate required by the frame rate of the movie.

Comment

I believe there is one more factor to the equation, ie the TV which your box is connected to. If you are connected to a fair recent TV, capable of 4K, maybe it should be a non-issue. But if you are using an older TV, there is really no guarantee that the TV could be smooth at a particular refresh rate required by the frame rate of the movie.
                            The monitor is good. I used raspberry Pi 4 with Libreelec , play Netflix 1080p no problem, no lags or audio/video out of sync. So I think hardware is problem, maybe CPU not strong enough or DDR3 not fast to decode

Comment

sogoku_vn , I never noticed the difference when I clicked "o". It must be the skin that I am using. I am using the Embuary skin.
                              Change new TV 4k and new faster uSD card class 10 U1 but results is same. Cpu 100%, play not smooth, lag and a/v out of Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200103_210619.jpg
Views:	580
Size:	118.0 KB
ID:	794194 sync

Comment

Change new TV 4k and new faster uSD card class 10 U1 but results is same. Cpu 100%, play not smooth, lag and a/v out of Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200103_210619.jpg Views:	7 Size:	118.0 KB ID:	794194 sync
                                How did you get the different information screen?? Did you change skin?
                                Did you test you box with Alda64 and cpuz to find out if your box truly has a S905X3 SoC??

Also, the Amlogic S905X2 will software decode Netflix in 720p, but NOT 1080p, that makes me wonder if they sold you a S905X2 and said it was an X3............. Maybe open the box and look at the CPU (SoC).

Another thought, go to the CoreELEC forum and ask if there is a ssh command that will tell you what the CPU actually is...... You can use Putty to access your box with the ssh command..

Comment

Working...
                                X