Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CoreElec / LibreElec builds for GT1 Mini 2 S905X3 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does your CoreELEC play high bit rate videos?? Download some sample videos with different codec formats and see how it performs......... If you have not already done that.
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
      Here are my Netflix and Inputstream adaptive settings............ Long shot, but out of ideas..

Click image for larger version  Name:	0104201142.jpg Views:	16 Size:	95.9 KB ID:	794292Click image for larger version  Name:	0104201142a.jpg Views:	13 Size:	89.5 KB ID:	794293Click image for larger version  Name:	0104201143.jpg Views:	13 Size:	101.5 KB ID:	794294Click image for larger version  Name:	0104201143a.jpg Views:	12 Size:	100.0 KB ID:	794295
      Click image for larger version  Name:	0104201143b.jpg Views:	12 Size:	101.2 KB ID:	794296Click image for larger version  Name:	0104201144.jpg Views:	14 Size:	103.2 KB ID:	794297Click image for larger version  Name:	0104201144a.jpg Views:	15 Size:	100.7 KB ID:	794298
      Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
      Does your CoreELEC play high bit rate videos?? Download some sample videos with different codec formats and see how it performs......... If you have not already done that.
      Playing the sample files are very smooth, perfectly

Setting netflixe the same but not smooth, many
      .skip frames
      Could you run cpu benchmark Stress-ng via ssh, system-tools from the coreelec repository. I want to check cpu performance
      stress-ng --matrix 0 -t 5m --times
      stress-ng --mq 0 -t 5m --times --perf
      my box

and geekbench Android. Thank so much
      Last edited by sogoku_vn; 01-05-2020, 01:38.

Comment

Originally posted by sogoku_vn View Post

Playing the sample files are very smooth, perfectly

Setting netflixe the same but not smooth, many
        .skip frames
        Could you run cpu benchmark Stress-ng via ssh, system-tools from the coreelec repository. I want to check cpu performance
        stress-ng --matrix 0 -t 5m --times
        stress-ng --mq 0 -t 5m --times --perf
        my box

and geekbench Android. Thank so much
        I could not get geekbench 5 to install.

For geekbench 4.3.4, single core 866, multi core 2343.

Comment

Originally posted by mctiew View Post

I could not get geekbench 5 to install.

For geekbench 4.3.4, single core 866, multi core 2343.
          Not much different, what is your box ? 2/16 or 4/32

Comment

Not much different, what is your box ? 2/16 or 4/32
            Beelink mini 2 and 4/64.

Comment

For anybody having issues with the latest CE nightlies, there are a few bugs related to performance with the kernel, so if you want more stability, go back to 9.2.1, which works very well on the whole.
              R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
                For anybody having issues with the latest CE nightlies, there are a few bugs related to performance with the kernel, so if you want more stability, go back to 9.2.1, which works very well on the whole.
                The stable update differentiate between Amlogic Vs Amlogic-ng, but S905x3 is not listed in both. Which update should one use ?

Comment

The stable update differentiate between Amlogic Vs Amlogic-ng, but S905x3 is not listed in both. Which update should one use ?
                  I will try Amlogic and Amlogic-ng with dtb s905x3... Can not run.
                  Last edited by sogoku_vn; 01-06-2020, 14:33.

Comment

I will try Amlogic and Amlogic-ng with dtb s905x3... Can not run.
                    So the nightly changes necessary for s905x3 to run have not even made it to Amlogic and Amlogic-ng.

Nothing much you can do with respect to Netflix 1080p.

I suggest we can ask people who has TX3 4 GB ram to try this. At least it could to help to get bottom of the fact of this problem, is it the size of the ram or is it the speed of the ram which makes the difference.

Comment

So the nightly changes necessary for s905x3 to run have not even made it to Amlogic and Amlogic-ng.

Nothing much you can do with respect to Netflix 1080p.

I suggest we can ask people who has TX3 4 GB ram to try this. At least it could to help to get bottom of the fact of this problem, is it the size of the ram or is it the speed of the ram which makes the difference.
                      I purchased new amazon stick 4k. Now I am happy with Netflix FHD. Thanks so much

Comment

Installed latest ng-nightly from 08. January yesterday on my Bqeel Y8 Pro (I guess 1:1 same = Tanix TX3) with s905x3 and works flawlessly!

Comment

Originally posted by Ullulaki View Post
                          Installed latest ng-nightly from 08. January yesterday on my Bqeel Y8 Pro (I guess 1:1 same = Tanix TX3) with s905x3 and works flawlessly!
                          netflix 720p or 1080p

Comment

Not sure how much of a impact this is but the last time i looked at CE and actually built the EE sources they both were still building with x2 settings which is Cortex A53 while the x3 SoC;s are actually Cortex A55's which are not exactly the same animals...

Unless the nightlys are being corrected which i don't know i can't say for sure but I do know the mainstream 9.2 gits are not corrected for the x3 on both CE and EE. i no longer build CE but did build the EE Amlogic-ng on the weekend and it definately worked better correcting the Cortex..

just sayin...

Comment

Hello !
                              I am planning to buy a GTmini with s905x3 chip.
                              Is everything working fine with latest CoreElec ?
                              HDMI CEC ?
                              network at 1Gbps ?
                              wifi ?
                              thanks !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Koxx View Post
                                Hello !
                                I am planning to buy a GTmini with s905x3 chip.
                                Is everything working fine with latest CoreElec ?
                                HDMI CEC ?
                                network at 1Gbps ?
                                wifi ?
                                thanks !!!
                                Yes
                                MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Working...
                                X