HK1 X3 S905X3 Android 9.0 4GB/64GB

HK1 X3 S905X3 Android 9.0
    No ROOT
    4GB ram, 64GB ROM
    Some fresh out of the box observations.
    So far, Seems smooth, stable and fast.
    Initial setup was a breeze.
    Runs Top TV Launcher 2 with widgets.
    Idle temp is about 48 degrees C, 48-58 while doing general tasks and streaming.
    No Top.Bottom menu bars (Using Snowball and Button menu apps to simulate)
    Antutu score, ~65,000 (Temp peaked at 73 degrees C for a few seconds)
    Put a small cooling fan under the box
    Idles at ~32 degrees C
    Antutu score, ~74,000 (Temp peaked at 50 degrees C for a few seconds)
    Appears, without the fan, the CPU is being throttled to control temperature.
    My Internet is 100Mbs but generally peaks at 120Mbs
    2.4 Ghz WiFi link speed 65Mbs, ~25Mbs speed test (Other boxes, same location, including HK1 Plus show 65Mbs link speed, ~45Mbs speed test)
    5.8 Ghz WiFi link speed 65Mbs, ~45Mbs speed test (Other boxes, same location, including HK1 Plus show 433Mbs link speed, ~120Mbs speed test)
    1000Mbs Ethernet, 120Mbs speed test. (The Ethernet connector in the box does not click so could slip out easily.)
    Micro SD card can be formatted as Internal or portable.
    OTA Update check failed.
    I will add to thread as I find new things to report.

HK1 Pro Plus
    FlowFon F1
    H96 Pro+ (Wisdom-Green Board-2017-02-10 H96-S912-TVBOX(DDR4)-V0.2)
    MXQ Pro+
    R-TVBOX Mini+
    MK809III

Text file of AIDA64 results.
    Attached Files
    HK1 Pro Plus
    FlowFon F1
    MXQ Pro+
    R-TVBOX Mini+
    MK809III

Comment

Hi!
      I'm testing and reviewing this unit. I've noticed a few issues with it:
      1. When restarting the unit from the shutdown/restart menu, when it comes back up, no picture is showing on the TV until you disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable
      2. Connection speed on LAN over Power-line is inconsistent, and I've encountered quite a bit of buffering, even in 1080p content
      3. It is unclear whether root in present or not. Superuser is installed, but shows nothing inside.
      4. HDMI CEC seems to malfunction. Even when it's turned off, the box will auto turn on from shutdown when the TV is running.
      5. 8K videos play, but with a lot of buffering, and some stutter
      6. Keyboard/airmouse remote does not work when transceiver is connected to the USB on the side of the box, but does work when connected to the corner USB

Comment

Originally posted by mekler22 View Post
        Hi!
        1. When restarting the unit from the shutdown/restart menu, when it comes back up, no picture is showing on the TV until you disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable
        2. Connection speed on LAN over Power-line is inconsistent, and I've encountered quite a bit of buffering, even in 1080p content
        3. It is unclear whether root in present or not. Superuser is installed, but shows nothing inside.
        4. HDMI CEC seems to malfunction. Even when it's turned off, the box will auto turn on from shutdown when the TV is running.
        6. Keyboard/airmouse remote does not work when transceiver is connected to the USB on the side of the box, but does work when connected to the corner USB
        1. First power on the unit and then power on your tv

Comment

Originally posted by mekler22 View Post
          Hi!
          I sent mine back. Too many little bugs. The seller claimed the 5Ghz WiFi was fixed in the latest hardware release and that they could not fix the issue in the one I had with new firmware.
          HK1 Pro Plus
          FlowFon F1
          MXQ Pro+
          R-TVBOX Mini+
          MK809III

Comment

Does anyone knows of an alternative ROM/firmware for this device? such as openelec or a better android/androidTV ROM?

Comment

Look and look (Google)

Comment

Originally posted by grayman View Post
                Thanks. any idea what are the improvements over the stock ROM? and how stable it is?

Comment

As on the stock firmware, after rebooting the air mouse turns off, you need to switch the receiver, or use usb hub.
                  (translated ImTranslator)

Comment

Working...
                  X