Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beelink GT1 Mini 2 - no option for install from unknown sources ?!?!?!?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beelink GT1 Mini 2 - no option for install from unknown sources ?!?!?!?!?!

on the stock firmware i have been messing around with it trying to install my own apks.

from what i can see in the apps the only program that is allowed to install from unknown sources is the installed apk launcher. This program sucks and cannot find any files when i search.

I cannot find anywhere in the options the ability to let me chose what other apps i can use to install files from unknown sources

Please help this is driving my crazy

Originally posted by pingutm View Post
    on the stock firmware i have been messing around with it trying to install my own apks.

from what i can see in the apps the only program that is allowed to install from unknown sources is the installed apk launcher. This program sucks and cannot find any files when i search.

I cannot find anywhere in the options the ability to let me chose what other apps i can use to install files from unknown sources

Hi ,

what Android Version ??? strange ,
    Device rooted , Developeroptions activated ??? , strange , Screenshots of the APKLauncher would maybe help ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Install from unknown sources is now made per application since certain android version onwards. Say if you want to install an apk from your most favourite file browser ( could be web browser or any file manager ), you just use from the app click on the apk file, the GUI will be presented if you are doing it for the first time.

Comment

just get errors trying to open apks from non authorized apps.

when in apps and selecting an app there is no setting to give said app permission to use unknown sources. the only app that does have the option is beelinks apk installer. selecting everyhing else has no mention of it

Comment

just get errors trying to open apks from non authorized apps.

when in apps and selecting an app there is no setting to give said app permission to use unknown sources. the only app that does have the option is beelinks apk installer. selecting everyhing else has no mention of it
          I hate to say this. I did not encounter this problem. Likely you have previously disable unknown source for this file manager. Maybe you try to clear the data/cache for this file manager.

I would suggest you maybe trying installing another new file manager and then install your apk via this file manager. This time, make sure you enable unknown source for this app.

Comment

Originally posted by mctiew View Post

I hate to say this. I did not encounter this problem. Likely you have previously disable unknown source for this file manager. Maybe you try to clear the data/cache for this file manager.

I would suggest you maybe trying installing another new file manager and then install your apk via this file manager. This time, make sure you enable unknown source for this app.
            that's the problem.. there is nowhere to eneble/disable unknown source. even on an app by app baisis

Comment

that's the problem.. there is nowhere to eneble/disable unknown source. even on an app by app baisis
              Try to clear the data and cache for the file manager.

Comment

Example for Poison TV ROM :-

Droid Settings --> More settings --> apps & notifications --> ( scroll down to your file manager app to click ok, use X-plore for example ) --> Advanced ---> install unknown. App

Comment

i was using the official beelink rom. it was awful! i wiped over it with custom ATV firmware now

Comment

i was using the official beelink rom. it was awful! i wiped over it with custom ATV firmware now
                    For the stock ROM you can find it here :-

Droid settings --> more settings --> apps & notifications --> special app access -> install unknown apps

All I keep telling you is that you can clear the cache and data for the file manager, it will put the file manager back to the default, and prompt you to choose whether you want to allow install unknown app.

Comment

Working...
                    X