Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RiCkLaR_atvX
    replied
    For those with this box and the know-how to install a custom firmware .IMG check out this YouTube video, firmware links in the description :

Last edited by RiCkLaR_atvX; 08-07-2020, 03:23. Reason: fix link

Leave a comment:

• h-guy
    replied
    i'm having a strange problem with x96 max+. an h264 avc video i made plays fine and smooth in my h96max+ but it fails in x96max+ when i enable hardware acceleration. it gets stuck at a certain point in video and becomes slow motion. if i disable hardware acceleration, this part plays fine but then other heavy bitrated parts start to shutter. so, it seems like hardware acc is not working as well as it does in h96 max+ with android 7. any ideas to solve that issue? i have the latest june firmware in x96.

Leave a comment:

• sparky57
    replied
    Is there anyone besides me that is having wi-fi issues with the X96 Max. I have the latest with x3 and 5g. I have 9 on them that will not open apps like stremio, filelinked or really any vod app. It says connected in network settings, internet and youtube work. This is nuts. Please help !!

Leave a comment:

• Lukiwa
    replied
    X96 Max Plus unboxing S905x3

https://youtu.be/aDqBV7fY4yM

Leave a comment:

• sparky57
    replied
    I have several of the x96 max plus2, newly purchased ( some came today ) and the wifi is not working properly. I did the ota updates and it's up to 20200620-1131. The wifi connects, speedtest reports the right speed. Everything seems ok until I try to run cinema or filelink,stremio, all vod apps. They load very slowly on each step. Filelink won't open at all. I'm highly invested and really need help.

Leave a comment:

• roboro
    replied
    Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post
    Not a problem at all if you buy this box and use only for CoreELEC (Kodi+Linux software). If you buy this box and want good performance from Android then you are sadly in for a world of pain and headache.
    I would like to use it with EmuElec, so probably not a good idea either.

Leave a comment:

• RiCkLaR_atvX
    replied
    Originally posted by roboro View Post
    What about temperatures? Is the cpu facing down a true problem?
    Not a problem at all if you buy this box and use only for CoreELEC (Kodi+Linux software). If you buy this box and want good performance from Android then you are sadly in for a world of pain and headache.

Leave a comment:

• roboro
    replied
    What about temperatures? Is the cpu facing down a true problem?

Leave a comment:

• romcrazy
    replied
    For a box with excessive support on 4pda, freaktab sure has little to nothing on offer. I am hoping to take this box and so far freaktab forum is disappointing for it.

Leave a comment:

• duboisbrian
    replied
    what would you say is the difference between this and the x96 air ?

only thing i see is the 1000mb lan (everything else is the same unless im missing something)?

x96 air $35 x96 max $47

30% more just for that 1000mb lan ?

Leave a comment:

• ioncube
    replied
    Originally posted by Hugh R View Post
    Thanks! Lots of interesting information.

This claims to have an S905X3 chip. That chip has four A55 cores. A55 has ARMv8.2-A architecture -- 64 bit.

Perhaps it comes with 32-bit Android firmware. Is that what you are observing?
    I am more like practical kind of huy ...Thing is that you cannot instal APK files built for ARMv8; simple is that

Leave a comment:

• Hugh R
    replied
    Originally posted by brickmojoccatz View Post
    I've recently bought this box to replace my older s905x. I bought the 4GB, 64GB version.

Everything media wise plays flawlessy, latest kodi with the more demanding skin ace2 runs very very well. Streaming video, iptv, youtube in 4k hdr+ everything okay.
    Dumb question:

I thought UltraHD YouTube required DRM (WideVine). Does your box come with that? Or is my understanding wrong?

Does it work with NetFlix HD? That too seems to require DRM and typically only works with Android TV.

Leave a comment:

• Hugh R
    replied
    Originally posted by ioncube View Post
    So I purchased this AndroidBox from ZKMagic Aliexpress

...& here is my review
    Thanks! Lots of interesting information.

# it is NOT a 64bit machine it's merely ARMv7A. 64bit is newer ARMv8A which isn't supported by this machine
    This claims to have an S905X3 chip. That chip has four A55 cores. A55 has ARMv8.2-A architecture -- 64 bit.

Perhaps it comes with 32-bit Android firmware. Is that what you are observing?
    Last edited by trebor; 02-17-2020, 15:05.

Leave a comment:

• ioncube
    replied
    So I purchased this AndroidBox from ZKMagic Aliexpress

...& here is my review

Following are MAJOR & minor bugs in this device:

# it is NOT a 64bit machine it's merely ARMv7A. 64bit is newer ARMv8A which isn't supported by this machine

# It doesn't have a stereo out 3.5mm audio jack. Additionally getting audio out of HDMI LED (to which the box is coupled) the volume is low ...best is to get a BT headphone (especially one that is compatible with it see details below)

# DATE/Time not retained by box on prolonged shutdown ...it's a severe bug may be bcz hardware clock is missing. If u have 24/7 internet access then this will not be a problem bcz clock will autosync

# install some floating Navigation bar to access & kill recent apps. its default Leanback GUI is very bad

# It's Bluetooth is really ****ed up! Some devices will not pair; some will. For instance I couldn't connect Anker Bluetooth & even my Nokia 6.1 but was able to connect Ipega 9077 & Mi AirBuds
    Solution:
    Access developer options by installing 3rd party shortcuts & tinker with Bluetooth AVRCP protocol version
    https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/XZ-pr...1367875#M17465

# Drag & Drop functionality isn't working, with MX2 Air remote
    Solution:
    https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...s905x2-devices

# A poor home launcher, bcz of the above even if u install 3rd party launchers u cannot customize it. ADW2 launcher is the best solution with drag & support

# Uninstall KD player & install updated version to get subtitle customize support Download v18.5 ARMV7A

Last edited by trebor; 02-17-2020, 15:05.

Leave a comment:

• msacco
    replied
    Can anyone recommend me between this and the A95X F3?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X